A Financial Mountain is in the way

Just wanted to ask for some prayer. I need God to move a financial Mountain. He has always proven Himself faithful in providing for us and while I am confident God will provide just as He has done in the past. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling anxious. Like many others have experienced, I don’t know how I’m going to have enough money to pay the bills after this coming month. My whole life has been one step forward and two steps back. But as I have said before, God has always provided.

Just need prayer that God will provide but at the same time strengthen my faith and trust in Him. I hate this feeling of anxiety, to me it feels like a lack of faith or at least an attack on my faith.

Also as a side note: I’m not asking for financial advice or opinions on tithing. Just prayer, no need to open a can of worms. Just need some extra prayer. Thank you

27 Likes

I will gladly pray for you and your mountain, as well as for the strengthening of your faith in this, right here and right now, @MDLange82. :old_key:

10 Likes

You’ll most definitely be in my prayers :pray: With God 1+1=3 (meaning some months in the natural just didn’t look like I was going to get through and miraculously He’s come through time and time again) He will do the same for you:

And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 AMPC

As JD often says “Believing is seeing” & you asking for prayers shows your faith/trust is in the right place!*** You’ll get through, you’ll be okay :pray:

7 Likes

Praying for you and Heather, Matt.

In Christ

7 Likes

Matthew! How are … never mind.
Great to see you again! Yeah, that works better.

Havin’ a little trouble with a storm I see? I can tell ya that anxiety is not a lack of faith and especially in this situation as there are so many, as you know, in a financial boat with a leak in it. You happen to be on a boat pushing a huge iceberg and the Captain of the Titanic is looking at you thinking, “Man, why didn’t WE try to just push it instead of hit it?”

I’ve been going around on this forum lately talking about an epiphany another brother-in-Christ gave to me regarding persecutions. And not to go into it again, I will say that financial persecutions seems to be one of the things we’re all facing right now and perhaps that’s a good thing? Considering many of us can’t handle other forms of persecution (incarceration being the example). And, many of us are being hit at multiple angles with persecution to the point of wanting to cave just to have food on the table. To give up. Yet here you are and don’t think I’m not including myself in despair.

I think that’s what you’re going through and God doesn’t fault us for falling into despair. He may correct us in those times. Job comes to mind. Paul fell into despair. Your whole life, you said has been one step forward, and two steps back. I say rejoice NOW in that lesson as you have had it extensively and know therefore how to proceed. Always recall in times like this, that God often times comes at the eleventh hour [EDIT= ‘to’] help us and I think at times, that’s His take on seeing how much faith and trust we really have in Him. Whether this financial mountain is to be moved or not…that’s up to Him to decide and perhaps there’s a way around it, and He is waiting for your time to approach to reveal.

Without you knowing, I have continually prayed for you before this request appeared for what you’re asking for. Each storm we are given and believe me, even when I type this, I can see the Lord laughing at me because I don’t heed my own understanding most times; builds us with perseverance for the storm we face or the one next to happen. Keep your heart on the Lord, Matthew. Keep trusting and when you feel that anxiety or despair creep in and hit you? Well, I wouldn’t yell, “Thank you, Sir. May I have another?!” I’d start talking to the Lord quick about what’s going on, why it’s happening, and what are you to learn. I’m sure you do this already and with all the noise it’s hard to hear the answers at times. Wish I could do more but I lack a lot of what you don’t need so I can’t give you what you don’t need…so that’s a plus I guess lol.

Ever Loving Heavenly Father

Please bless Matthew with bold strength and courage to hold onto his faith and to be covered in waves of discernment over any and all instances needing it. Please galvanize him in protection from those who are not of You, O Lord. Please bless him with calm and peace in his heart and mind, especially over the situation he is facing now. Quiet his time with You and help him hear Your voice through the Holy Spirit in answer to his problems.

May the miracle he needs, be the one You send so he may see the help You provide whenever we ask. Ease him of the perplexities of anxiety and despair, please Lord. Please deliver him to the answers and solutions he needs towards the problems and concerns he faces, Lord.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

12 Likes

I am with you. And we are praying for you now.

7 Likes

Praying for you also, MDLange82. As I have mentioned on another post, there is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still. This is a quote from Corrie Ten Boom. Heavenly Father, give my brother faith as a mustard seed so that this mountain will be removed. Your Word is true and we agree together that whatever your will is; it is perfect. We lay this burden at your feet and give you all the glory and praise for what you are about to do. In the mighty name of Yeshua Hamashiach.

7 Likes

Matthew,
I KNOW that every good thing is meant to be yours because HE is a Loving Heavenly Father who hears your every thought…feels your distress and hears every word you speak aloud or in silence. He will never leave or forsake you for your happiness is His utmost desire. WHY? Because you have given yourself to Jesus in faith, trust and a loving devotion that separates you from the unsaved.

I pray that you find patient peace while he works ALL things out in your life for His glory.
In Jesus precious … Amen

7 Likes

Yes I am in the same boat. Just cleaned the old food from my refrigerator and there is barely anything there. Can’t go to the food bank we have gotten food poisoning there and my neighbor was told… “That is the risk you take” from the food bank. So even if it is rotten food it still makes your stomach stop growing for a while.

I look back on my life and wonder how I raised 2 boys and paid child support for another and we squeaked by on my one 40 hour a week job.

Until finally some child support came from the Federal government because my ex got his SSI. It took him 3 years. I got my SSDI in 3 months.

God provides for His children. I have been poor my whole life so I am used to giving up mine so my kids can have.

I know it is hard but we have a big God and He has servents everywhere.

4 Likes

Hi dear Matthew…
You are a brother in Christ.
I am just quoting this verse below especially for you today.

I have in the past year been going through the same.
Miraculously He has provided. We are a family of 4.
My faith has grown by leaps and bounds as we trust Jesus daily for our daily manna.

It is so difficult , especially as the man of the home to go through this and anxiety is natural.
Pray continuously…by this …I mean…keep Jesus continuously in your mind…and just rest on His promises.
I will pray that you receive peace in your heart about the future…
This song for you dear brother…

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

With love, Your sister, Kariena
Ps

Please listen to the song. :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Psalm 9:9-10
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not evil, to give you a future and a hope ~

1 Like