🦊 a funny to get started

gourds

13 Likes

11 Likes

The road less traveled was the one behind the fork, no one could get past it.

6 Likes

I think Job 5:7 fits us both. You were bought with a price and that tells me you are so worth it. I wish I could forget all the bad I’ve done, but it is sufficient that God has, amen?

5 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you for serving our country. :heart::us:
It saddens me that our military and our flag and what it stands for is so dishonored and forgotten.

I think God loves you and because he loves you , he will continue to work on you as he does all of us.

6 Likes

Same here. It is sad that so many have given their lives for what they believed to be good and honorable only to find out now most of the conflicts were orchestrated to lead to this time and what is yet to come. Evil people in positions of power have cost many lives and all for power and greed.

I know God loves me just because. I was being a little silly before. I am just getting a little punch drunk these days with all that is happening world wide and personally at the same time. Some days, I am just take me out now and be done with it. Nothing comes from me which makes me useless on my own and I know that. As Doc says I am torn between the old man and the new. Somedays I am like the old southern justification for murder, some people just need killing, and other days I am, some people are alive just because it is against the law to kill them.

When I look at what some people do in their selfish behavior I get frustrated and want to wring their necks and then I think about myself and all the things I have done and have to decide who am I to decide their fate. It just leaves you empty at times not being able to bring swift justice but then if I did I should get the same so caught between a rock and hard place. I know what is good and right but I don’t always do it.

Just getting very tired like from John Coffey character in the Green Mile, "Mostly, I’m tired of people being ugly to each other. I’m tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There’s too much of it. "

8 Likes

You do not know how much I understand your sentiments.
I struggle with many behaviors of others but then have to have a reality check that I’m not perfect and at times I’m guilty of what I’m irritated with other people about. I try to remind myself that like JD says, they have a soul and Jesus loves and died for them too ( queue the much needed spiritual slap upside my head to humble me)
I’m mostly tired of myself trying to live the Christian life only to realize how rotten I am. Then I am beyond thankful that God gives me new mercies every day , imputes his righteousness to me and doesn’t disown me.

4 Likes

Not to get all psychological but that seems to be a human condition. I am the same. What irritates me most in others is really when they do what irritates me most about my own behavior.

That is what a huge portion of scripture is about, we are nothing and can do nothing and it is all God and His mercy and grace. Yet our human mind says to us how can you even accept such love and mercy as bad as you are. Now some would say that is all Satan but I don’t think so. I think that is a lot of times our own minds working to defeat us. After all we are fallen and thoughts many times originate in our own mind from what we do know. I know Satan is also hard at work but sometimes he does not have to do a thing and we beat ourselves up.

Yet in the end we know one thing, we can never get better no matter how self disciplined we are and it is only God’s grace that gives us our right standing through the work of Jesus on the Cross.

6 Likes

Everything you said resonates with me.
In thinking of when people are irritating me I come to realize I’m basically just looking in a mirror and seeing my own reflection.

I also know sometimes I feel condemnation and that is not from God. It is Satan trying to either push me down or keep me pushed down so that I can’t grow or be effective for God.

5 Likes

Amen to that. The enemy comes but to kill, steal, and destroy.

3 Likes

One of my favorite sweets, including Jelly Belly’s. Can’t get enough of them!

2 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

Boy do I identify with you Marine…Doc

7 Likes

I know you do.

4 Likes

14 Likes

WHEN YOU COME ACROSS A [ J O K E ] THIS FUNNY , YOU JUST HAVE TO SHARE IT !!!

Doc :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_vomiting:¯_(ツ)_/¯

10 Likes

Doc,

I found this article just as comical…

TRUST THE SCIENCE ! :rofl:

5 Likes