A generalized edification and encouragement post

With recent forums events and recent post by @TCC and a private one by @Jon , I felt lead to post this, though it is not an ABC or Salvation story, in order that everyone on the forums could view and participate if they wish.

Is not His work of Salvation, a continued process of our Sanctification after our initial acceptance of His gift, until our last day and breath?

The following I offer up as good word and meat to keep in the heart in these evil days. We are so in need of edification of the Body and of encouragement. Myself included.

I will not entertain arguments, accusations, or off topic minutia and will ask for any of that to be removed.

:heart: :fox_face:

Ephesians 4:1-7

As a prisoner in the Lord, then, I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling you have received: with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, and with diligence to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Now to each one of us grace has been given according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Ephesians 5:1-20

Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children, and walk in love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant sacrificial offering to God.

But among you, as is proper among the saints, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed.

Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk, or crude joking, which are out of character, but rather thanksgiving.

For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming on the sons of disobedience.

Therefore do not be partakers with them.

[Children of Light]

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth. 10Test and prove what pleases the Lord.

Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that is illuminated becomes a light itself.

So it is said:

“Wake up, O sleeper,
rise up from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to reckless indiscretion.

Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.

Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Titus 2:12-14

It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age, as we await the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Titus 3:9

But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, arguments, and quarrels about the Law, because these things are pointless and worthless.

2 Timothy 2:19

Nevertheless, God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.”

2 Timothy 2:22

Flee from youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Timothy 4:7-8

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day — and not only to me, but to all who crave His appearing.

Romans 8:1

There is now therefor no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:2-4

For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

For what the Law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.

He thus condemned sin in the flesh, so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:13-14

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Romans 8:15-17

For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Romans 10:1-4

Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is for their salvation.

For I testify about them that they are zealous for God, but not on the basis of knowledge.

Because they were ignorant of God’s righteousness and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.

Christ is the end [fulfillment] of the Law, in order to bring righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 10:8-10

But what does it say?

“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:

That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:11-13

[All who call]

It is just as the Scripture says: “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.”

For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Romans 13:8-10

Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Love does no wrong to its neighbor.

Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.

Romans 13:10-14

Love does no wrong to its neighbor.

Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.

And do this, understanding the occasion.

The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

The night is nearly over; the day has drawn near.

So let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.

Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.

Romans 14:13

Therefore let us stop judging one another.

Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way.

Romans 14:19

So then, let us pursue what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

Philippians 1:5-6

Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think on these things.

1 Corinthians 2:9-11

Rather, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him?

So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 12:2-6

You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.

Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

There are different gifts, but the same Spirit.

There are different ministries, but the same Lord.

There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all men.

1 Corinthians 13:4-10

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs.

Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease;

where there are tongues, they will be restrained;

where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

15 Likes

Philippians 2:14-16
14 Do all things without murmuring and reasonings,

15 That ye may be blameless, and pure, and the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a naughty and crooked nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world,

16 Holding forth the that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither have labored in vain.

[EDIT] A few more just popped up.
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Philippians 4:11-13
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content; 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen of even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” -Helen Keller

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not hear not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. he will not leave you nor forsake you.

Joshua 1:5-6a
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage.

Joshua 1:7-9
Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

2 Corinthians 12:6-10
For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me. And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in my the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleased with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefor, I take pleasure in my infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, than I am strong.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD.

Psalm 31:24
Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope (wait) in the LORD.

8 Likes

Was going to say, that my list is in no way exhaustive so please add as you are led. There is so much in the word to draw living water from!

Thanks @Jon

Have a great day everyone!

:heart:

3 Likes

Word’s to deeply ponder, during these times. As usual, easier said than done. Takes a willingness to crucify my flesh daily, so He may live through me. ((FOR ME)), it’s usually easier to talk the talk, than walk the walk. " O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? Romans-7-24 Thank God it is already done !!!
Doc

5 Likes

Indeed, Doc! Throughout last year, I had the chance to become serious in my walk and I continually stumble and fall. Last night, it was a bolt of lightning that hit with dealing with thoughts that enter my mind that well, I don’t want. And a visualization of taking those capture and placing them at the foot of Christ saying, “I don’t want these! You died for these and I give them to You so I may continue to be with You!”

And I’m with you on being thankful and praising that what was done for me was done before me. Glad to have you here, sir!

4 Likes

I wrestle in similar ways. I know that every sin I have, or will commit has been forgiven over 2000 years ago,
and more accurately before the foundations of the world.
That being said in my flesh there resides no good thing, In the flesh I sin because my spirit has not been removed yet, my living flesh is still worldly.

I personally look at it as sin forgiven, covered in the blood of Jesus, but, what used to be sin, is called character defects, which I am responsible to bring to God and agree with him they are wrong, and affect my witness, and ask Him to remove them(dross). They have been paid for by Jesus’s blood, but I still need to bring them to my cross. No shaming guilt involved, just true humility. ( boy is that easier said than done)
Phil.2 :1234: Amplified Bible
So then, my dear ones, just as you have always obeyed [my instructions with enthusiasm], not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the name of Christ].
Doc

5 Likes

What is Heaven?

The place that you have never laid eyes on, yet in your spirit you know is home, and has always been longed for.

Resurrection is for those in Christ who have died before His return for us.

Rapture is a special form of resurrection for those who are dead in Christ but still alive in the flesh.

Harpazo is Greek, Raptus (Where “Rapture” comes from) is Latin.

From Latin raptus, from rapio (“seize”).
Raptus is the Latin for “seized”, from rapere “to seize”.
raptus (us), m RAP-, a snatching away, to wrench

Think of an Eagle snatching a Fish away from the River. Symbolic too…
The Eagle (God) removes the Fish (Christians) from the River (World)

A forceful rescue. As of a child in the path of an oncoming car.

That which is spoken about it, in the scriptures, is to be an encouragement. I find it interesting that Titus 2:15 tells us, "Let no one despise you."

This is not a call to shut them down or argue with them, but rather, a call to you and I, to not listen or care about their assessment of you. :slight_smile:

:heart: :fox_face:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope.

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise.

After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58

Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.

For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

“Where, O Death, is your victory?
Where, O Death, is your sting?”

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast and immovable.

Always excel in the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Titus 2:11-15

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to everyone.

It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age, as we await the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Speak these things as you encourage and rebuke with all authority.

Let no one despise you.

1 Thessalonians 5:5-11

For you are all sons of the light and sons of the day; we do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

So then, let us not sleep as the others do, but let us remain awake and sober.

For those who sleep, sleep at night; and those who get drunk, get drunk at night.

But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and the helmet of our hope of salvation.

For God has not appointed us to suffer wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him.

Therefore encourage and build one another up, just as you are already doing.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Now it is God who establishes both us and you in Christ.

He anointed us, placed His seal on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come.

Ephesians 1:13-14

And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth —the gospel of your salvation— you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 4:29-32

Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, outcry and slander, along with every form of malice.

Be kind and tenderhearted to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.

1 Corinthians 2:9

Rather, as it is written:

No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love Him.

1 John 3:2-3

Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed.

We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.

And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as Christ is pure.

2 Corinthians 5:1-10

Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is dismantled, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

For in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

So while we are in this tent, we groan under our burdens, because we do not wish to be unclothed but clothed, so that our mortality may be swallowed up by life.

And God has prepared us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a pledge of what is to come.

Therefore we are always confident, although we know that while we are at home in the body, we are away from the Lord.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

We are confident, then, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

So we aspire to please Him, whether we are here in this body or away from it.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive his due for the things done in the body, whether good or bad.

1 John 5:4-5

Because everyone born of God overcomes the world.

And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

Who then overcomes the world?

Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Daniel 12:2-3

And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Then the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever.

Daniel 12:10

Many will be purified, made spotless, and refined,
but the wicked will continue to act wickedly.

None of the wicked will understand, but the wise will understand.

Revelation 22:11

Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy.

Revelation 3:10-11

Because you have kept My command to persevere, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

I am coming soon.

Hold fast to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

Psalm 37:10

Yet a little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.

Psalm 91:7-8

Though a thousand may fall at your side,
and ten thousand at your right hand,
no harm will come near you.

You will only see it with your eyes (from a distance)
and witness the punishment of the wicked.

John 14:1-3

“Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You believe in God; believe in Me as well.

In My Father’s house are many rooms.
If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.

Isaiah 26:19-21

Your dead will live; their bodies will rise.

Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust!

For your dew is like the dew of the morning,
and the earth will bring forth her dead.

Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut your doors behind you.

Hide yourselves a little while
until the wrath has passed.

For behold, the LORD is coming out of His dwelling
to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity.

The earth will reveal her bloodshed
and will no longer conceal her slain.

Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength;
they will mount up with wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint.

Malachi 4:1-3

“For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace, when all the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble; the day is coming when I will set them ablaze,” says the LORD of Hosts.

“Not a root or branch will be left to them.”

“But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings, and you will go out and leap like calves from the stall.

Then you will trample the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day I am preparing,” says the LORD of Hosts.

7 Likes

Hmmm… So this is where this post ended up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not so, @JackN, because now you’ve drawn attention to it for people who joined after February.
It will take time to read and reflect on so many verses from :bible:
Thank you and others for sharing.

3 Likes

1 Thessalonians 5:14 -
Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.

Proverbs 2: 11-12
Discretion will preserve you; understanding will keep you,To deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things.

2 Likes

Grateful for this selection of encouraging verses.
I think Pastor Mac quoted Daniel 12:2-3 in recent Bible study.

2 Likes

Beautiful verses.
I’d look into Helen Keller’s history however regarding her for encouragement. She had possible links to the occult.
( I checked into this long ago and it was concerning especially because her story seemed amazing)

1 Like

After I sent this reply, my connection was disrupted and I couldn’t log back on nor log onto google but yahoo and other connections were fine. Maybe coincidence :woman_shrugging:t4: or maybe “someone “ doesn’t want others looking into Ms. Keller​:thinking::imp:

1 Like

It could also be the number of people getting online and flooding Googly and slowing down data transfer rates. But even that could have been a way for the Devil to try to disrupt. But, it would have been short-lived as you are a testament to that as am I and people can do their best, or worst, in tracking down the information on Keller.

Thank you for the information too.

1 Like