A prayer for peace and comfort to those experiencing division 🦊

80368537_10163136433800647_5324296563999113216_n

Heavenly father, I know I am not alone in this. Though this struggle has been years for me in my own experience, many now know it in their own lives in recent times.

I pray for Peace and Grace for all who are now experiencing the division of Family and Friends in these dark hours. As your precious Son prayed to you for us not to be taken out of the world, but to be protected from the evil one, I ask for that Patient Endurance, which is our call.

It’s very tough to do, and impossible without You. Without You we can do nothing.

We have reached a point where we must look to our own choices and conditions of faith and maintain them. This is not easy either, with our concern for those we love. We have to place them in Your hands.

May we be mindful of the times at hand, and your words about them. May we remain steady and firm on You in our focus, riding out the storm of wind and waves ramped up against us in the Ark of Your Promise and Power, holding fast to that blessed Faith that we have in You.

In your Son’s precious name we pray! Jesus the Christ, God in the flesh!

:heart:

Matthew 10:34-36

Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword (the Word of the Gospel which divides).

For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. (Micah 7:1-6)

Luke 12:49-53

I have come to ignite a fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished!

Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but division (the Word of the Gospel which divides).

From now on, five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Micah 7:1-6)

Micah 7:1-6

Woe is me!
For I am like one gathering summer fruit
at the gleaning of the vineyard;
there is no cluster to eat,
no early fig that I crave.

The godly man has perished from the earth;
there is no one upright among men.
They all lie in wait for blood;
they hunt one another with a net.

Both hands are skilled at evil;
the prince and the judge demand a bribe.
When the powerful utters his evil desire,
they all conspire together.

The best of them is like a brier;
the most upright is sharper than a hedge of thorns.
The day for your watchmen has come,
the day of your visitation.
Now is the time of their confusion.

Do not rely on a friend;
do not trust in a companion.
Seal the doors of your mouth
from her who lies in your arms.

For a son dishonors his father,
a daughter rises against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
A man’s enemies are the members
of his own household.

Revelation 3:8-11

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door, which no one can shut. For you have only a little strength, yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name.

Look at those who belong to the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews but are liars instead. I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I love you.

Because you have kept My command to persevere, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

I am coming soon.

Hold fast to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

23 Likes

When the doubt about your salvation or position with God comes …

Paul tells us that nothing can separate us from the love of God. (Romans 8:38-39)

Once we have been reborn, we can not be unborn.

Why is this then?

Because it is predicated on a promise He made, a covenant He can not break, and not an action or inaction on our part, and no work can earn, or maintain.

No one (including ourselves) can pluck us from His hands. (John 10:28-29)

Evidence of New Life

“If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious,” it is certain evidence of a divine change; for men by nature find no delight in Jesus.

I do not inquire what your experience may have been, or may not have been; if Christ be precious to you, there has been a work of grace in your heart; if you love Him, if His presence be your joy, if His blood be your hope, if His glory be your object and aim, and if His person be the constant love of your soul, you could not have had this taste by nature, for you were dead; you could not have acquired this taste by learning, for this is a miracle which none but the God who is supreme over nature could have wrought in you.

Let every tried and troubled Christian, who, nevertheless, does taste that the Lord is good, take consolation from this.

“The upright love thee.”

~ C. H. Spurgeon

Philippians 1:5-6

Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

14 Likes

Jack,
Your thoughtful posts are much needed for those whose hearts are heavy. with fear and suffering. We sometimes forget that HE hears our every thought…sees and knows all things. HE understand and grieves with us.

There is no desire greater than to be pleasing in HIS sight as we prayerfully wait with aching and yearning for HIS coming.

HE must be our EVERYTHING as that is HIS heart’s desire.

Praise and glory for ALL THAT HE IS AND WILL BE FOREVER AND EVER.

8 Likes

Amen! :heart:

9 Likes

Thought I’d revisit this… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful scriptures you have shared in this thread, and these awesome words by Spurgeon. Love his writings too. How dearly wish I’d seen this thread before, but today was the day.

To a dear brother in Christ, I pray the Lord blesses you abundantly with his peace that passes all understanding, with his strength and comfort and assurance every hour, and blessing of his grace and peace upon you and your family and loved ones now, and forevermore. In Jesus mighty name, Amen.

1 Like