A Troubled Mind And An Open Door | Pastor Steven Furtick | Elevation Church

When God opens a door, nobody can shut it.

In “A Troubled Mind And An Open Door,” Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church teaches us that, while the enemy may not be able to close doors, he can try to keep us from walking through them.
1:20 - 2 Corinthians 2, verses 10-13 3:54 - A Troubled Mind And An Opened Door 6:00 - Praising The Same God For Different Things 8:04 - God Has You Situated 10:10 - Nobody Can Hurt You Like Someone You Invested In 12:24 - Your Value To God Is Not Based On Your Net Worth 14:40 - Have You Seen God Open A Door For You? (2 Corinthians 2, verses 12-13) 16:41 - Carrying The Burden of Performance 18:10 - You Don’t Want All Green Lights From God 21:08 - How God Uses Rejection 22:37 - Why Didn’t You Defend Me? 24:06 - Letting Unforgiveness Block Your Future (2 Corinthians 2, verses 12-13) 25:28 - Don’t Miss This (2 Corinthians 2, verses 12-13) 28:00 - Let Go Of The Offense 29:25 - You Are Important 30:59 - Even If People Leave You Out… (Revelation 3, verses 7-8) 33:10 - It’s Not About How Strong You Are (Revelation 3, verse 8; 2 Corinthians 2, verse 11; John 16, verse 33) 35:58 - Satan Is Not Stronger Than You (1 John 4, verse 4) 37:37 - When You Can’t Get Your Mind Right (2 Corinthians 2, verse 13) 39:02 - The Enemy Wants To Mess With Your Mind 41:35 - Have You Stopped Trusting People? 44:14 - Making Up Fake Scenarios 45:30 - This Is The Enemy’s Strategy 47:06 - Where The Attack Happens 49:04 - There’s Always A Devil At The Door 51:37 - God Is Already Working It Out (2 Corinthians 7, verses 5-7) 54:26 - Take A Moment And Be Still 57:40 - The Door Of Salvation Is Open

15 Likes

Thanks. This was the 1st time I watched his preaching. I never heard of him before.

4 Likes

1 Timothy 4:16 CSB
" Pay close attention to your life and your teaching; persevere in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and your hearers."

Over the years I have been lead down may a wrong path by great pastors with many followers who did not teach the TRUE gospel. Just trying to save you the pain. :dove:
A great teacher, is very close to this forum, and has many sound teachings.

Doc :rose:

9 Likes

I love Pastor JD and Mack but I’ve heard Mack say that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. The Bible doesn’t say that.

2 Likes

I think you are right , I never even questioned that story. Jesus healed her, “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,” Lk.8:2

She seems to have followed Him afterwards, she seemed to become His disciple. The female disciples never get much play, though they are closer than most. IMHO

She was at the cross with His mother, " But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene." Jn 19:25

The first to meet the risen Christ, “Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.” Mark 16:9

She witnessed to seeing the Risen Christ, to the eleven, “Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.” John 20:18

But never mentions prostitute, bet is some catholic addition to the story. I’ll have to check that out. Thank you for the heads up. Laura, Mac still a darn good teacher, though flawed as I am, not knowing this.

Warmly Doc

6 Likes

Doc- I’d be interested to know what you find out, if anything.

Blessings

Laura

1 Like

Just saying in love…

Please check out what Spencer Smith says of Furtick…

I am just wary…

“Take heed that no man deceive you”

lol K

4 Likes

Mary Magdalene, absolutely not a single jot or tittle of evidence in Scripture that says she was a prostitute.
So when you leave God’s Word looking for answers, you start down many rabbit holes of speculation. The most common one is,

“It started with an Easter homily by Pope Gregory the Great in the year 591, in which he juxtaposed the repentant sinner of Luke 7:37 with Mary of Bethany (Luke 10:38-42), and with Mary Magdalene, from whom Jesus had expelled seven demons (Luke 8:1), as if they were all the same woman.”

Not worth the search, as far as I am concerned, if it is not in scripture [TRUTH] She wasn’t. Going on further, is just man’s speculation, and you know where that will get you.
I found this that may be interesting to you.
Warmly Doc :rose:

7 Likes

Point 1: Its takes a lot less than 2 minutes research to find out exactly that Steven Furtick is a heretic and he is an absolute heretic and he is not a brother in Christ in any way, shape or form. What amazes me in this day of easy access to information people still can not be bothered to type in simple basic keywords into google, duckduckgo, youtube or whatever you use. Look I am harsh in my words, but this is really important. People especially today where deception abounds need to be absolutely cautious about everything and everything needs to be checked against God’s Word as God’s Word is Truth and God’s Word is the final authority.

God’s Word is clear on this matter.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; (King James Bible)

Point 2: In the comments I read about Mary Magdalene and her mentioned occupation and as an ex-ex-ex catholic I had heard that story and to be honest I had never really thought that much about the subject, so I went and did my research and found out that no mention of her occupation is mentioned at all in the Bible. So I learned again something more today as I, and as we all do every day.

God bless you all and please do your research and always take everything to the source of all truth Almighty God.

God is TRUE. Jesus Christ is the Lord and He Lives.

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing your findings. I use gotquesions.org quite frequently. Great resource. Blessings!

6 Likes

Please do research on Steven Furtick.
Not a pastor to be listening to.
Spencer Smith and Revealing Truth are YouTube channels that have videos explaining major doctrinal/ non biblical issues with his teachings.

8 Likes

Hi @Lina

Just wanted to echo the loving advice of all the brethren to you and encourage you to exercise increased diligence before posting your many links - especially where they concern teachers/teachings that are not part of JD Farag/Calvary Chapel Kaneohe Ministry.

With a great many links comes great responsibility.

Many times in God’s Word are we warned of false prophets and their increase in the latter times - Matthew 14:11 / 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 / 2 Timothy 3:13 / 2 Timothy 4:1-3 / 2 Peter 2:1-2

Hence why…

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:4

Amen.

Lina I’d recommend this topic for you to browse through at your own pace as it is a great and growing compilation against “false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ”

If you’re uncertain or wary of something you could always post a query there.

In Christ

11 Likes

Good Catch NamDoc and we should research every preacher, even JD and Mack, like you did. We must be like the Bereans, especially in this evil day of major deception.

3 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

Thank you but, the original catch was @Standup4Jesus Laura, I was just looking into her claim.
Welcome to the forum, A. Humphrey, we need all the new input we can get. Warmly Doc :rose:

3 Likes

Run from churches like that. they draw people who have itchy ears and need all the smoke and mirrors type worship.
Bethel, Hillsong and Elevation churches stray from the truth of the Gospel. though their songs are beautiful, we shouldn’t even listen to them.

5 Likes

Shalom Friend, this is a friendly warning from what I see and hear from this type of gospel.
There are lots of warning signs to see here with this preacher and the other Bethel style teachings.

I believe from all accounts this preacher is a hireling also if you do the research you will find many of the folks he is involved with are replacement theology, prosperity preachers along with folks like NAR.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Shalom

5 Likes