April 14, 2022 - Resurrection Sunday Sermon – Jesus Is Our Only Escape

:hawaiianshirt_4: Pastor JD talks about how Jesus is our only escape out of this wicked world, which is actually the purpose of the resurrection

Watch on JDFarag.org

or watch here via youtube

11 Likes

HE IS RISEN
Jesus is my best friend forever❤

7 Likes

I will listen to this later.
I had to attend my local church ‘virtually’ today. I’m on day 3 of the sneezy snifflies. Stupid coronavirus. Not Covid-19, just the common variety of coronavirus that causes the common cold. Feeling better, though.

3 Likes

The ‘catching up’ is truly our blessed hope—to be gathered to the Bridegroom!

One question I am encountering here and there just in the past few months that I’ve never been exposed to before is something I don’t really see much discussion on by pre-trib prophesy teachers I listen to. And, I can not find any resources to help address it. But, a pre-trib rapture is based in very large part on “Daniel’s 70th Week” of 7 years. Well, I am running into some teachers (one of them being my own brother-in-law who was challenging my pre-trib view) sort of taking apart Daniel 9 to make the argument that there is no gap between the 69th week and 70th week. The gist of this is that Daniel 9:27 is basically referring to Jesus putting an end all sacrifice, etc. So, the result of this is that the 7-year timeline assigned in Revelation is only a 3.5 year ‘great tribulation’ and EVERYTHING happens inside of that timeframe. No pre-trib. In fact, there is a post-trib teaching that accompanies there.

Is it only me that has not encountered this re-thinking of the 70th week of Daniel until now? I really would love to hear a Farag, Barry Stagner, Hindson, or other speak into this—or just a solid resource that addresses this head-on otherwise!

2 Likes

Hi Greg - for now would recommend the following:

TL;DR - if Daniel 9:27 refers to Christ then it follows that it is also Christ that breaks His own covenant.

Regrettably this type of emergent exegesis, which always seems squarely aimed at pre-trib, is unbiblical at best and heretical at worst.

“God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Numbers 23:19

17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the [f]immutability of His counsel, [g]confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two [h]immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we [i]might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

Hebrews 6

Yours in Christ

6 Likes

This is gold. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks @jasonacts177, I’m going to check these out as well.

2 Likes