April 30, 2023: 1 John 1:8 -- Good News in Our Struggle with Sin

:bible2: Good News in Our Struggle with Sin

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_3: explains how it is that being genuinely full of joy is absolutely attainable in our lives as Christians.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More 1 John Study Videos

Twi posted this 1st rly

19 Likes

Thank you so much pastor jd extremely encouraging. I love the way jd stressed we will sin less rather than be sinless.
When pastor was tearing up at the Father running to meet wayward son it really had me tearing up. I love my daughter who has hurt me the same way. Hurt beyond my ability to comprehend.
How i long to see her on the horizon. God loves her more than i do. Encouraging that Hod our merciful father loves us and our prodigals so much more than words can say.

22 Likes

God knows your strengths as well as your weaknesses. He knows you need to be protected and defended, like a castle being attacked by enemies. He knows you can’t always be strong and that’s why He is strong for you.

18 Likes

This paints a beautiful picture in my mind! We ARE like little castles under attack! Praising and thanking God for setting His mighty angels on the walls of our hearts and minds!

15 Likes

Ouch but thank you Pastor JD. It seems I have a tendency to minimize, justify or even deny my sins until the Lord puts it in my face. I am absolutely horrified to even think I was making God out to be a liar. Satan must get a hoot out of me knowing I’ll gladly accept his lies that I’m not as bad as x, y & z. Also what I’m doing is comparing myself to the world’s standards or rather man’s standards instead of God’s.

Praise God, ultimately the Lord gets through to my heart like He did today. Will be glad when my struggling days are OVER! I hate that I hurt my Lord. I am so sorry Lord.

14 Likes

Amen Susan…

17 Likes

Amen to all you said but God has promised we shall be like him…he who has begun a good work in us WILL bring it to completion. Hasten the day when we are transformed in the twinkle of an eye

11 Likes
10 Likes

This was a beyond great sermon that was needed for a plethora (yes I know what that words means, El Guapo) of people. A wealth of knowledge in this and the other two letters for sure but going through it as we are - amazing and welcomed.

10 Likes

yes indeed, one day and very very soon all tears will be gone, no pain, no sin, only Joy. …and to be like Him, to be with Him! Glory, Glory!

10 Likes

Amen…soon and very soon we are going to see the Lord…cannot wait
I hope you and mike are keeping well

7 Likes

We are good and the same good wishes for you and Smurf. (hug)

3 Likes

So true Brenda. Love that powerful image of the ones God sends to surround us always.

4 Likes

I’ve seen this numerous times.
I love it and it never gets old !

5 Likes
2 Likes