August 4, 2022 - Jeremiah 17 - Do I Really Trust God?

:bible2: Do I Really Trust God? – Jeremiah 17

:hawaiianshirt_1: Pastor JD talks about how God through the prophet Jeremiah zeros in on the problem of in whom or what do we put our trust, then concludes by celebrating Communion.

Watch on JDFarag.org

isaiah

Or watch on Youtube

:mag_right: Jeremiah Study Video List: Here

13 Likes

Such a timely sermon for such a time as this in my life personally as I find myself (most reluctantly) battling with many legal/tax matters and “experts” (you want to charge WHAT now?) following my mum’s return home to Christ.

So much good stuff in Jeremiah Ch 17 and this exposition by pastor JD, including two of my favourite verses in God’s word:

7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.

14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved,
For You are my praise.

Also, mentioned this before (and it’s a footnote in my bible)…

13 …“Those who depart from Me
Shall be written in the earth,
Because they have forsaken the Lord,
The fountain of living waters.”

6 This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.

John 8

Thank You Lord for always providing a word fitly spoken through the everlasting waters of Your word.

In Christ

16 Likes

I do not envy you. I don’t know what it is like where you live but a year after my husband’s death they were still wanting me to provide legal papers to show he was really dead. Sheesh! They make you go through hoops. Praying for you. :pray: :pray: :pray:

5 Likes

May the rivers of Living waters wash all the miry clay away very soon, dear Jason.
Having spent two years mired in a similar papered bog after my mom passed, you have my fervent prayers and empathy. The Lord Jesus will deliver you out of it all, every bog, miry clay, fiery furnace, and whatever else the confiscatory earthly system can dream up. One day, Lord willing, you will walk out of that last building of seemingly endless paperwork….the clouds will part, the sun will shine, and it will be all be over. They make it hard to even grieve in peace these days, but praise God, this world is not our home. Thank you for the scriptures and perspective you shared above. What a perfect lense through which to view it all.

8 Likes

Love pastor JD so much. Awesome bible study.
We’ve been going through the book of Psalms, and for some reason unknown Psalm 1:1 has been playing like a broken record in my brain, kindof like a song that gets stuck in mind. In this study when JD tied together Jeremiah 17 with Psalm 1, it was as a lightbulb moment. Aha! So that’s why!!! God knows the end from the beginning. Wow did i need to listen to this study, all praise to God who knows our every need before we do. Jesus is our Sabbath rest. Day by day he feeds us the bread of life, the manna from His Word. He lights our path one step stone at a time…even when my foolish heart wants to know whats a mile up ahead? Gotta be prepared. Pfffft. Only God knows what’s up the road there. We can speculate all day, big waste of time. I’m afflicted with “What-if-itis?” What if …this, what if that. Take it from me, it will burn out your adrenals. Trust in the Lord like a little child. He’s got this. He’s got us in the palm of His hand.

Loved the story of his farmer friend, who told of the storm that skipped right over his farmland. Things like this have happened to us…God is so amazing…and yet we humans are like the Israelites who forget too easy and have amnesia to the miracles God brings. Not long ago, He parted a veritable red sea for us, that no one but He could ever have done, ever. Thank you Jesus! Please come soon.

6 Likes

Maranatha Jesus

1 Like