Baby it's cold outside!

We aren’t even going to try to get to church this morning… ice and snow last night. 14 degrees!
I think the Lord understands but at this moment I wish I lived in Hawaii!

12 Likes

In case you need an online church for the cold morning, NTEB House Church Sunday morning begins at 11 AM Eastern time:

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/nteb-house-church-sunday-morning-service-cancel-all-your-new-years-resolutions-look-to-the-lord-god-holy-one-of-israel-instead-isaiah-45-charles-spurgeon/

Sorry I have to laugh. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: That is not COLD.
THIS is COLD - it’s what we had yesterday and today is going to be the same or worse.
Enjoy your balmy weather. Hee Hee.

f freezing.PNG

12 Likes

Now I don’t feel so bad waking up to 20F (-6C) with flurries. It was almost 70F yesterday. Gotta love these southern winters.

6 Likes

Yikes it’s too cold here too in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma!!! Brrrrrrrr :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::cold_face::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake: wish i was in Hawaii too! I follow Bethany Hamilton on Instagram and i love all the photos she shares in Hawaii, she’s a Christian and i admire her love for life and Hawaii is her hometown.

4 Likes

Howdy neighbor, Fort Smith, Arkansas here.

2 Likes

14 degrees is pretty normal for winter here in the Midwestern USA. Right now it is 23 and feels like 12, and that’s warm compared with what it’s predicted to be later this week. A few years ago we had extreme cold, with frost quakes.

Capture+_2019-01-30-06-17-43

5 Likes

I wonder if there will be what they’re calling “sky quakes” in the coming weeks or months. I’m sure we all seen videos of booming and trumpet sounds from the sky.

3 Likes

Wow that’s cold. It’s 55 and wet in New York.

3 Likes

Snowing and white here in Ontario Canada!

2 Likes

@DallasT you’re crackin me up as usual. (Which isn’t good right now because I’m sick and when I laugh I end up coughing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) But, you reminded me of a video my husband and I saw years ago, thought you all would enjoy it.

7 Likes

Hi Jonathan @Jonathan :slightly_smiling_face:

Last year or maybe it was in 2020, i had a dream in my sleep and in my dream i was down the street from where i live standing outside in the parking lot at a strip mall and it was evening as i could see the sunset on my left and above me were some dark clouds mixed in with white clouds and i heard a LOUD quaking sound like an earthquake sound (rumbling) but my body didn’t feel any movements, everything under me feet was still and i looked up and the clouds were slowing dividing and my spirit knew exactly what it was… JESUS IS COMING!!! I was expecting Him in the sky and just before the sky was about to crack open, i woke up. i tell you… i had such PEACE in that dream and i told everyone about it and many of them never heard of a sky quaking and thought it was cool i had that dream… and now they’re talking about it everywhere on the news.

7 Likes

Ohhhh @DallasT I was wondering how long till you popped up with your local temps. I have been looking over some of the temp up in Canada and Alaska and while a simple +11 for me was hard I knew that you had it much worse. But you have to understand that for me +11 is the second coldest temps I have ever experience. I did one time in Korea see single digits but I was a young whipper snapper then so it was a little easier to handle. These days age takes its toll that and the ticker doing a come back from a minor attack.

Anyway I laugh because I do know there are those polar bears like you that think that sun and 0 degrees is a nice balmy day. For me the desert and 110 is a pleasant day. I can remember walking in the desert one summer not knowing what the temp was but enjoying the sunshine, God’s handiwork which I had not seen close up like that ever. I was raised in the humid Gulf south with lots of swamps and marshes and 100% humidity and triple digit temps. The desert was great because it was dry. I was sweating but it evaporated so fast I did not even realize it. I doubt you could survive that all that long so please never visist southern California Mojave desert area or Arizona. You would melt so hard and fast.

Anyway you take care in those cold temps. I have had more than enough cold weather survival training to know that at those temps hypothermia comes like a gun shot fast and hard. Like wise I will be careful in the desert if I ever get there again.

Here is my view of what you are going through. It is probably my all time favorite poem and done by one of my liked musicians of old.

Johnny Cash - Cremation of Sam McGee - YouTube

2 Likes

Blah… you’re getting what we has just 2 days ago and through Christmas @DallasT and it’s coming back again this week.

Today tho we get an amazing Chinook, sunny, and it’s downright hot outside! Hehe… all in °C

4 Likes

I have to agree with you Dallas. I woke up this morning to -37 C which is -34 F for you Americans. That’s cold. :rofl:

4 Likes

Twi…I’ve been looking every night for the northern lights and haven’t seen any. My kids really really want to see them.

2 Likes

Oh, so funny!

2 Likes

That’s hilarious and so true. I don’t know how many times the forecast would say it would clear up in a few days only to get worse. Thanks for the laughs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh man,this last summer we had temperatures of 33C which is only 91 F and I was dying in my apartment which happens to be on the top floor. My Air conditioner was on the fritze and I couldn’t stand the heat. I’d die down south.
As for the cold, we are a hardy bunch up here in the north. We’ve learned to dress in many, many, many layers. Some people up here love the cold. I personally hate it. I long for spring - my favorite time of year. Not too hot and not too cold.

Thanks for the Cremation of Sam McGee poem. I heard that years ago and loved it then.

Here’s a poem someone from Manitoba posted on Facebook about Manitoba. Not half as elaborate though but funny.

@Twi I love when we get your chinooks. Send it our way. We could use a little warming right now. Hee Hee

5 Likes

below zero here this morning. However, I have stopped going to any of the local churches. they all seem to be filled with ‘sleeping believers’.

1 Like