Believers in God but are not saved

It seems the newest epidemic is the amount of people that think they are going to heaven, because they believe in God. I am surrounded by so many of them. I know I am not to judge and I can’t say who is going to heaven and who isn’t, however…these people do not ever read the bible, they don’t prayer, they have not been born again, there is no evidence that they love the Lord. They just all think that just believing will get them to heaven. Even Satan believes. I want to send out prayers for unsaved “ believers” who truly believe they are going to heaven because they believe in God. Or a higher power. They call themselves Christians. I am close to many of these people and I “ think” I can safely say they are not Christians. I pray they will be convicted of this deceit and ignorance and come to know God in their daily lives. That they will come to know that believing is not enough. Most people believe. Father God please open their eyes and hearts. Thank you Jesus,

17 Likes

We are saved by grace through faith, not of works. There are some born again believers who just don’t lead a victorious life and have little to no fruit to bring to the judgment seat of Christ. I think a good sign of a Christian is someone who recognizes his sin and inadequacy and in need of a Savior. Even at my best 5 minutes in life, I need a savior because I fall short.

15 Likes

@Binky
True belief requires that you “accept”. Yes Satan and the demons believe, but they do not accept. Romans 10:9 states that you must both “believe” and “confess”. The confess part shows that you made a decision to accept Jesus as your savior.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Here is a simple example of what I am saying.
Every American believed that Trump was president, but many did not accept Trump as their president.

The question to a believer is “Have you ever accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior?”

14 Likes

The Sower

Luke 8:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

Luke 8:6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

Luke 8:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.

Luke 8:8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit a hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Luke 8:9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved .

Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke all record Jesus parable of “The Sower”. Most pastors I have heard refer to either Matthew or Mark when preaching on this parable. I have not heard a pastor preach from Luke regarding this parable. I don’t know if this is intentional on their part, just happenstance or Satan leading them there.

Am I saying that there is something wrong with Matthew or Mark’s version? Not at all! Their versions are absolutely correct, just not as precise. In Luke’s record he adds something to make it clear what Jesus was saying by adding “ lest they should believe and be saved .” This was added to make it clear that the only group that was not saved in the parable was “Those by the way side”.

The purpose of the parable was not to discuss what it takes to be saved and/or how committed you must be. The purpose of the parable was to reveal the main reasons that Born Again Christians do not run what Paul would call the good race. Things like temptation, cares, riches and pleasures of this life cause them to fail in their Christian walk.

Jesus uses this parable to warn the Apostles that;

Some would never accept Christ as their savior (The Way Side).

Some would accept Christ as their savior, but temptation would cause them to fall away (The Rock).

Some would accept Christ as their savior, but the cares and riches and pleasures of this life would keep them from bring forth fruit (The Thorns).

Some would accept Christ as their savior, keep the word and bring forth fruit with patience (The Good Ground).

For those who think the only ones who are saved are “The Good Ground”. Look how Matthew and Mark describe “The Good Ground”.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Mark 4:20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

So if “The Good Ground” is what it takes for salvation then, according to Mathew and Mark you must get at least 30 people saved.

So this parable is primarily (except for the Way Side) talking about a Christian’s walk, not about salvation. Most preachers I have heard say that the only ones who are saved are those “On the good ground”. If that were true then salvation would not be a free gift, as it would require that there is something that you must do other than accept Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

All that is required for salvation as stated in Luke 8:12 and many other scriptures is to believe . All the others things a Born Again Christian should do are for the rewards you will receive some in this life, but most in eternity.

16 Likes

That was an awesome post! Thank you for sharing. I have copied and pasted it into my note sections. I learn so much from this board. This goes along with the Judgment seat of Christ that Paul describes in 1 Cor 3:15…namely that if you have no fruit, the believer is still saved. This is the gospel of the grace of God for believers in Christ.

6 Likes

@TBFL
So glad that you are solid on this point! Salvation is a FREE GIFT according to scripture. The ONLY thing required to possess a FREE GIFT is to believe and accept it. So many Christians have a hard time with this and want to unintentionally judge others. They work hard to be a good Christian and are not comfortable with the fact that some Christians are not working at all to be a good Christian.

We need to really understand that none, yes NONE of us deserve salvation! What most Christians do to make themselves feel better is what I call the “ME” response when it comes to their sin. The “M” is to minimize their sin and the “E” is to excuse their sin. It’s like my sin is just a small sin, or due to my situation I could not help but sin. Jesus had many opportunities to sin, but did not. That is what is required to enter Heaven, unless we rely on what Jesus did for us.

Thanks for the 1 Corinthians 3:15 reference. I will add that to my defense of salvation by faith alone! :smile:

@TBFL Stay true to your correct understanding of salvation! God bless you!!! :heart:

10 Likes

@Binky, amen. I am surrounded, myself. I am speaking of those who do not claim Jesus as their personal Savior.

2 Likes

Binky was clear in saying that she is referring to those who do not claim Christ. She also stated that she was not attempting to judge. :blush:

1 Like

Just curious if you pointed out the difference to these people? The difference between knowing Jesus and having a relationship with Him and just believing He exists. We don’t have much time left.

If we know them and do not tell them the truth then their blood is on us and I include myself. I am always looking for those lost.

4 Likes

I find it so bizarre how so many people, especially in the Catholic Church think they are going to heaven period. And for so many unbelievers as well. Their way of thinking:
"No, i dont believe in this God in Heaven.
(or for some that do belief God exist yet never gave their lives to Him):
“I dont even read the Bible or pray. But i am a “good” person , so i will go to heaven.”

HUH? You dont want Him in your live, you never accepted Him ever, or you dont even belief in Him, yet you are going to be in HIS HEAVEN??? just wow
God is not good enough for you but HIS heaven is. That is just … i dont have the word. Hypocrite?

I pray daily for everyone like that to wake up TODAY, as the door is closing soon…
The lifeboat is to sail off at ANY MOMENT NOW!

10 Likes

Yes MARANATHA

1 Like

@Gracings
As @Binky never mentioned Jesus or Christ in her post, it was not clear to me who she was referring to. She did however speak of evidence of salvation, which led me to believe she was referring to those who have accepted Jesus Christ. If that was not the case, then I was mistaken with what I got from her post and apologize if she or anyone was offended with what I posted. :heart:

3 Likes

You are very thoughtful and kind, @goodboy. No worries on my end, whatsoever. I know how limited our explanations can be in written form, so I see where you were coming from. :grinning:

3 Likes

@Gracings ,
Thanks for the response. You are so right about how what’s written can be misinterpreted. You also are both thoughtful and kind and have a great name. “Grace”, just what everyone needs! :heart:

Well I will see you soon! Where? In the sky with Jesus! :smile:

3 Likes

I am so sorry if my post was unclear or confusing.
I am talking about those that do claim they believe in God, but have not accepted Him as their Lord and saviour. There is NO evidence of their belief in their lives. They even say they don’t read the bible or pray. In fact one of them even said if praying to a rock makes you filled with joy then that’s their God and good for them, and she thinks she is a Christian. I do believe I can be pretty safe in assuming she is not a Christian. I do often have a hard time getting my thoughts out and in order. Jesus comes first in my life and anyone who is around me for more than an hour or two, this will be obvious. In my opinion there can often be a big difference between a believer and a Christian. By big difference I mean salvation. These people whom I am referring to have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour. I know a lot people who are believers but I question if they are saved. I know, it’s not for me to question. I do indeed try to get through to these people. We are all familiar with John 3:16, but I also think the bible makes it very clear that we have to call upon the name of Jesus. Have communion with Him. Worship Him. Praise Him. Try to live by His word. I fear for these people. They do not know their bible and they don’t have a clue from a biblical perspective what is going on in the world. I think so many people think they are going to heaven because they are nice kind people. They will often speak a name of someone we both know who is unsaved and say to me “ there is no way so and so is going to go to hell” They are so sweet and loving and giving. So many people believe they are going to heaven because of niceness. And only God knows of course who will enter into heaven, I am trying not to come across as judgemental. I think we need to be praying for these people. I don’t think it is a fine line. You are either saved or your not. Just in my building alone I bet you wouldn’t find one person who believes they are going to hell. Nobody believes they are going to hell. I think if I were to ask 100,000 people if they firmly believed they were going to heaven they would all say yes. Even the so called unbelievers. Have you ever heard of one person say they know they are going to hell because they don’t believe?
I’m sorry I went on and on again here. I will try to keep my posts shorter in the future.
I just fell the need to pray for them as we all know what Jesus says will happen to even Luke warm Christians. I hope I made myself a little clearer.

6 Likes

Awww, @goodboy thank you. I actually chose the name Grace for my board name, partially due to a connection to a dear elderly neighbor lady of my youth, whose name was Grace. SUCH a beautiful name. I will fly with you!

2 Likes

Not a too-lengthy post at all, @Binky. Yes, there is quite a universalist notion to many people, without them even considering that they are universalist in their views.

1 Like

@Binky ,

Now I totally agree with your latest post. :+1: Sorry I misunderstood your first one. :slightly_frowning_face:

Don’t apologize, I wrote it in such a way it could be confusing. I learned a lot from the many replies. Was lots of food for thought there. I definitely had a couple of things cleared up for ME!

1 Like

I agree, sadly. Matthew 7:22-3-23 **Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Also, Jesus said “he who is not for me is against me, and he who does not gather together with me, scatters.” We cannot be whole without the Holy Spirit. We cannot appear before the Father without having received the righteous blood of Christ. People don’t go to hell because they’re sinners, they go because their sins have not been wiped away by the blood of Jesus and therefore they cannot stand in the presence of our Holy Almighty Father.
I was 46 years old before I truly understood repentance on a spiritual level. This, after having been a believer since childhood with a few very regrettable years of being sucked into some new age theology. My whole heart mind and spirit were converted only after I realized what an absolute wretch I was. It’s difficult to know whether I would have been received in heaven before that crucial understanding and thorough transformation occurred in my life. Since then, I have been working to persuade the people I love that being a Christian is more than knowing the right words to utter. So much more. Now, all I want is Jesus. I SEE His perfect glory and therefore abhor the things of this world. It has cost me dearly. But if one is unwilling to even discuss the wonders of His majesty, unwilling to share in the joy of their salvation, are they truly His child? How many times have I heard, “we’re all God’s children!”??? They don’t understand and I don’t know how to help them. My Jesus is my everything. I’m thankful for the opportunity to come here to know that there are so many others awaiting His glorious appearing. :pray:t3::latin_cross::heart:

5 Likes