:bible2: BIBLE QUIZZES AND GAMES

The names of sixteen books of the English Bible are hidden in the text of the following paragraph. Can you find all sixteen of them?

I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu. Kept people looking so hard for facts and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of readers. To others, it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. One little lady says she brews a cup of tea, so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now for there are really sixteen names of books of the Bible in this story.strong text

7 Likes

mark (remark), luke (lulu. Kept!!), Kings (looking so hard), acts (facts), revelation, james (jam, especially), ruth, job, numbers, judges, lamentations, (s)hebrews, peter (compete. Relax), esther (Yes, there), titus (admit it us)

shh…still searching

8 Likes

Nope, I gave up! Go @jasonacts177, I need to know :joy:

4 Likes

1 more!! nnggg…

2 Likes

And when that last one book is found, is the next challenge:

Can you find thirty (30) books of the Bible in this paragraph? Actually, there are 31 if you can find the variant of one Old Testament prophet’s name, a variant that’s used in the text of the King James Version (not as the title of a book, but in the text itself).

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket, on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much, he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing his banjo. Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another friend judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That’s a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or a scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event, which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new record. The local paper, The Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, “The books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight.” Those able to find all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also, keep in mind, that punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus; there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found. God Bless.

4 Likes

/clears tomorrows schedule

6 Likes

I’m determined to beat you Jason. Hee Hee. :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Might the missing one be

guess

Amos? (amost fascinating moment) :wink:

6 Likes

Thankyou Emma!! /collapses

6 Likes

WOO HOO

I found them all. Woo Hoo :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Guesses

amos, mark, luke, john, joel, judges, job, hebrews, esther, acts,
james, ruth, romans, titus, matthew, genesis, philemon, chronicles, daniel, nahum,
hosea, lamentations, revelation, timothy, samuel, numbers, malachi, peter, exodus, kings,

If @Kaatje doesn’t give the answer sheet at some point, I will paste it later.

5 Likes

I’ve never tried this before so not sure how it will work. As far as I know, everyone can participate. It is a poll.
Click on your answer and after a number of people have had a chance to respond or some time has passed, I will give the answer. (I don’ think anyone can see what you voted so don’t be afraid to vote)

Muppim, Huppim, and Ard are:

• A Group of Lawyers
  • Three sons in the Bible
  • Three cartoon characters
  • Three imaginary characters
  • Three little known prophets

0 voters

OMG!!! This is so fun and makes learning so fun!!!

1 Like

Found the last one @jasonacts177 lol

2 Likes

You beat me, I got to 9 before I gave up.

1 Like

I decided to edit the above and cut this out and move it here so it doesn’t get lost in the thread. I will put the other one up another time.

Bible Acrostic

The first letter of each answer forms the name of one of the great Jewish feasts.

1. That which we are to do without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
  2. The man God knew would command his household after him (Genesis 18:19)
  3. A bird God notices as it falls to the ground (Matthew 10:29)
  4. A church mentioned in Revelation (Revelation 3:1)
  5. The number of times Christ offered up Himself for sin (Hebrews 7:27)
  6. That which Jesus calls Himself in John 15:1; “the true___________”
  7. A man who kissed his brother who had wronged him (Genesis 33:4)
  8. The last book in the New Testament.
2 Likes

Muppim, Huppim, and Ard are:

Sons of Benjamin
Genesis 46:21- “The sons of Benjamin were Belah, Becher, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim, and Ard.”

What was the prophet Jeremiah secretary’s name?

• Gemariah
  • Elishama
  • Neriah
  • Baruch

0 voters

1 Like

Anyone can post their quizzes and games and get involved in this thread.

What are some Bible games You like to play?

Come on people… help me spread some fun… please… There is too much seriousness already going on.

1 Like

What was the prophet Jeremiah secretary’s name?

Baruch is mentioned in Jeremiah 36:4, 10, 14-19 as having written down words that Jeremiah had dictated to him. Baruch then read the “memo” to Michaiah and his scribes, Elishama, Delaiah, Elnathan, Gemariah, Zedekiah, and some other princes.

Is no one going to take a crack at the Bible Acrostic, post 15. Come on… it’s fairly easy.

1 Like

Passover (Pesach)

Or ‘Paso doble’ because it happened more than twice ( Exodus 12 / Matt 26 )

2 Likes

Thanks Jason. ABSOLUTELY CORRECT
I kind of felt lonely here all by myself. Hee Hee. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
At first it is like everyone is on board and suddenly it dies just as quick.
I may not be the sharpest knife, but I know when to throw in the towel. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

P.S. More than twice??? When or are you referring to every time we have communion?

1 Like