Can one person really make a difference?

Can one person really make a difference?

We hear of people like Bill Gates, who changed computer history.
Then there is the woman who didn’t want forced prayer in schools and set about to accomplish her desire.
We hear of Gandhi and how he changed people’s minds by nonviolent protest and how many people imitate the way they protest now because of him.
We read of one man - Hitler, who hated the Jews and set out to destroy them. In his course he had millions of them killed.
There is the one person who invented the Atomic Bomb, the man who discovered electricity, the man who invented the telephone. The list goes on and on.

ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

In the Bible , we read of one man - Adam, who disobeyed God and sin entered into the world.
We read of one man - Noah, who listened and obeyed God and saved his family and the human race from extinction when the great flood came over the earth.
We read of one man - Abraham, who talked with God, obeyed and became the father of a great nation.
We read of one man - Moses, who stood in the presence of God and led the Israelites out of bondage, forever changing their nation with the Ten Commandments.
We read of one man - Paul, who set out to destroy all Christians and become the Apostle to the Gentile churches.
And last but not least, the greatest person to ever set foot on the earth – Jesus. He was just a humble, quiet man but he changed history forever.

It has been quoted that there have been more songs created and sung about him than any other person in all the world. Millions upon millions of lives have been changed for the better, because of him. More books and stories and poems have been written about him that every library in the world could not hold all the words written about this one man. He changed times and customs and led the world on a whole new path.
This one solitary man made a huge difference in the world.

You may be just one person but God made you. and He has a wonderful plan for your life.

Your life is very unique. Even a twin or a clone cannot be duplicated with all that is inside of you.
There is not another person in all of the world that has seen the things you have seen, thought all the things you have thought, or has experienced and felt all the things you have felt. There is not another person in all the world that has tasted and smelled all the things that you have tasted and smelled. You are truly a very unique individual.

What difference will your life make in this world?
We are not alone. Every thing we do causes a ripple effect that goes on indefinitely.
Each of the people I mentioned above is still causing ripple effects on the earth.
Will your life be a ripple causing good or will it be a ripple causing evil?
The choice is yours.
Go out and be all that God created you to be. Make a difference in your world!

25 Likes

One person really made a difference for me. :wink:

15 Likes

Yup. :slight_smile:

Also… don’t be discouraged because you aren’t able to be exactly what someone else is. Lots of people get caught up in that. Don’t be jealous of what someone else has. You are not them and they are not you. Lots of people are richer than me, better lookin’ then me, stronger than me, smarter than me, and have nicer toys. But I am blessed to have everything that I need, He takes care of me. I am also blessed to know in my heart that there are a lot of those things I see other people flaunting that I don’t need and don’t even want.

God puts people in places and times for His own reasons. You weren’t born into a random world in a random place or a random time. God knew you long before you were ever conceived and knew exactly where He wanted you. And even if you are poor, God may need you exactly where you are to shine His light in places you’d never go if you weren’t poor.

Bloom where you are planted. If you’re supposed to be somewhere else, the “Master Gardener” will transplant you to where He wants you to be. He might even move you again and again but if He does, He knows why.

May God bless you and make you a blessing!

15 Likes

Amen and Amen. Love the addition.
Great words of wisdom.
And the ripple effect goes on to Bless others.
Thank you so much.

4 Likes

Yes, and some of us need to be repotted again and again because our roots are dead…lol. Thanks for the encouragement!

6 Likes

Glory to God, Amen! Thank you for this. It’s so comforting to feel God’s love for us whoever and wherever we are.

God bless you brother with His peace, grace and love

4 Likes

@BrianT " Also… don’t be discouraged because you aren’t able to be exactly what someone else is. "
Definitely don’t compare your insides with someone else’s outside. Doc

7 Likes

Amen to all you have so eloquently put. Praise Jesus.

I was just speaking to my almost 88 year old dad on the phone…btw…is a believer like us…about the body of Christ.
Each part serves a purpose…

Even if we are only a nostril hair…we still have a job to do…however humble.

We are the body of The Man who IS THAT ONE PERSON…who made ALL the difference…
Praise His Name…Jesus Jesus Jesus

7 Likes

I’ve been wondering just HOW to make a difference especially all through the past year and a half. My circle has become so very small. I am so very small. Your post has encouraged me to consider this question again. Is there MORE? I can do? :two_hearts::pray:t3:

6 Likes

:grinning: wow! Love that!! The thought of one person making a difference for one person!! Makes we who feel so small more confident that we, too, can do something wonderful for the Lord!

4 Likes

@SongSparrow
God just told me to send this to you…

Hope this answers your question…
Jesus loves you despite anything we do or don’t do…you are already ‘doing’ by just encouraging us all with your posts!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Philippians 4…
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

4 Likes

Such an encouraging word . . . Won’t it be wonderful to see the entire finished tapestry and know the ways that the thread of our individual lives added to its beauty :pray:t3: Will keep trying to “bloom where I’m planted”

3 Likes

How did you know that Philippians 4:8-9 is one of my very fav verses? :relaxed::hugs:

3 Likes

Mine too. Ill tell you my whole looping story one day!!:heart:

Edit loooooong

3 Likes

Would love to hear it! :hugs::two_hearts:

3 Likes

You think you are not good enough for God to Use. Check out these people

Noah was a drunk! (Genesis 9:21)
Abraham thought he was too old! (Genesis 17:17)
Isaac was a liar, just like his Dad! (Genesis 26:7, 20:2)
Jacob was a liar & a schemer! (Genesis 27:19 and many more!)
Leah was plain (ugly?)! (Genesis 29:17)
Joseph was abused! (Genesis 37:18f and many more!)
Moses had a speech problem! (Exodus 4:10)
Gideon was afraid! (Judges 6:27)
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer! (Judges 16:17, 14:2, 16:1)
Rahab was a prostitute! (Joshua 2:1, 6:17)
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young! (Jeremiah 1:6, 1 Timothy 4:12)
David was an adulterer and a murderer! (2 Samuel 12:9)
Elijah was suicidal! (1 Kings 19:4)
Isaiah preached naked! (Isaiah 20:2-3)
Jonah ran from God! (Jonah 1:3)
Naomi was a bitter widow! (Ruth 1:20)
Job went bankrupt! (Job 1:13-19)
Peter denied Christ! (Matthew 26:69-74)
The Disciples fell asleep while praying! (Matthew 26:40-43)
Martha worried about everything! (Luke 10:40-41)
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once! (John 4:18)
Zaccheus was too small! (Luke 19:3)
Paul was too religious! (Philippians 3:4-6)
Timothy had an ulcer! (1 Timothy 5:23)
AND Lazarus was dead! (John 11:1-44)

7 Likes

Thank you,
I needed “the Master Gardener” can transplant, where needed.
I have usually gone where i wanted, trying to justify it as yes “the Lord’s will”. This time i really intend to be following instead of plunging.
Bless you, for the Glory of The Lord.

3 Likes

I love this, @DallasT
Thank you for sharing! I am going to spend some time pondering this today.

Thanks, Brian. I’ve run across that quote a few times lately. It isn’t from the Bible but is believed to have come from Bishop of Geneva, Saint Francis de Sales in the 1600’s. But a passage I find similar in meaning, not wording, is 1 Corinthians 7:17-24.

This is a topic I’ve been feeling so unclear on. Are we not to move if we have been feeling the urge to do so unless God does something to physically transplant us? If so, what? I’ve prayed about this for months. I been feeling the urge to leave CA for many reasons. I am retired, so it won’t be a job. If I’m going to move, it will be me who sells the house and purchases another. One of my daughters said, Mom if you feel like moving, just do it. But is it really that simple? Doesn’t that leave God out of the picture?

UGH. My momma always said I have no common sense, and so many times in my life I have felt she was right.

Oh, BTW, I don’t expect you to answer any of that @BrianT, just a bit of a spew.

For sure God uses you, @DallasT. That is another lovely reminder. I really needed your words today, they are a blessing. Thanks.

Yes, this is what I mean! I want to do His will and not just “go” as my daughter suggested. Another factor, although not the reason I want to move since that started well before the pandemic began, is that CA is not the place to be if the Lord tarries for a while. They have already begun mandating the jab here for all healthcare workers and state employees. And it will just advance from there.

This is what our governor said recently: “you don’t have a choice to go out and drink and drive. That’s the equivalent. You’re putting other people’s lives at risk. Your choice not to get vaccinated and to listen to these pundits…comes at a real societal cost." :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I can only speak from my own experience. God may work differently for different people.

On several occasions, I believe God has worked in my life to “move me” from one place to another. He hasn’t physically picked me up by the scruff of the neck and planted me somewhere else. What He has done, though, is to make me uncomfortable where I am. He has also brought into my path suggestions as to where I might want to be at about the same time. I don’t think those were all just random happenstance.

One occasion I can think of, probably the most dramatic for me, was a move where I picked up and moved about 1200+ miles from everything I’d ever known, ever. I had just married my wife and that’s where she lived. We only knew each other by phone / email for a few months. We just celebrated our 20th anniversary a few months ago… wow, the time has flown by. Many said I was foolish, that it wouldn’t last. One of the best things that’s happened to me, ever. She’s my gift from God! Love her so much!

In much smaller “moves”, stuff like stopping attending at one church and starting to attend at another, it was likely that I just had no peace until I made the move. The tension would build and I might not even be able to put a finger on why.

One thing I have figured out, though, is that if I try to do something that’s not in His plan, he will often put up roadblocks big time. Have had that happen numerous times. And that’s good with me. I can’t see alternate realities / time lines but I trust that those moves might have put me in a bad place over time. He knew. A few, He’s let me see after the fact.

God is good!

Might not be a lot of help, but just wanted to share.

Blessings!

4 Likes

@Violet I agree with Brian T. and I only speak from my experience.

After my husband died, (we lived about 50 miles from the city in a small town) I wanted to move back to the city closer to my daughter and parents.

I was living in my own house and decided on apartment living. Before I put the house up for sale, I decided to check out some Apartments, locations, costs, etc.

Everywhere I looked was either unavailable, too expensive, or had long waiting lists. It was like God closed every door. I decided to stay where I was.

About a year and a half later, I felt impressed to try again. This time it was like God opened every door and everything went so smoothly, better than I thought. I’ve been living in the city ever since.

I am sure God will show you what to do.
I’ll be praying for you.
Love in Christ

5 Likes