Could use a shoulder to cry on

Dear Forum family,
I just heard from my bank that our request for an extra mortgage (for very necessary renovation) has been denied. I had such high hopes, as I wanted to do this for my husband, for reasons that are too complicated to explain. I had to rearrange our whole financial situation to do the application for this loan and now that it is denied, we are worse off than before.
I have to trust the Lord on this, but I am so disappointed right now that I really could use some help in prayer.
Thank you all in advance, and I just want to say that although I am usually too shy to post much, you are all very precious to me! Can’t wait to meet you all in our new Home :heartbeat:

34 Likes

Prayers for provision and understanding from the Lord! He has the hairs numbered on our heads…

9 Likes

@TheNetherlandsJet
I and others will pray for you, but you are in the same boat as most of us. Most of us are not doing very well in this world, but fortunately this world is not our home. For me to endure, I have to focus on the rapture which will be very soon and just how great Heaven will be.

Jesus understands our plight struggling in this world, which is why he stated these words.

Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Likes

Grab your oar and start paddlin’ with us Jeanet @TheNetherlandsJet. We’ll get to dry land soon enough. I can’t help but consider your plight a blessing in disguise at this moment. Doesn’t seem [that] way for you, true. However, perhaps this is a :butgod: moment where He has something better planned out? Don’t get your hopes of winning a lottery too high (do they even have lotteries in your country?) Those winnings just bring more turmoil, however, let’s say this is a two fold response from God?

1. You’re not meant to have this renovation done due to PERHAPS…
    • Rapture soon to come
    • Something better is in the fold
  1. You’re not meant to have this renovation done in the time frame you hoped for
    • Contractor who won’t steal from you is too busy at this time to help
    • Materials would be sub-par without your knowing and cost more to repair
  1. God wants you to spend more time elsewhere that wouldn’t be allowed if you were busy with this.

Whatever the reason, it will bring you something good out of it.

Loving Heavenly Father

Please transform Jeanet’s problems into solutions and questions into answers. Please guide her to an elevation of hope from despair and courage out of fear, through trust in You. Please allow her to share even a glimpse of what You have in store for her as time remains this side of Heaven.

Please guide her through whatever means necessary to receiving whatever it is You want her to receive during this time, and if it works in with Your will, Father, please help her find the means to start and complete the renovation she wishes to provide her husband. Please transform their devastation into restoration and heal them Spiritually as well as physically in the time we have left on this Earth.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

18 Likes

@theNetherlandsJet, Jeanet - sometimes we don’t understand why things happen in our lives, especially when our motives are pure. I believe this is when God comes through for us in a miraculous way that we could not have imagined. I want to encourage you to continue to look to the Lord your God, and wait upon Him as we pray for your circumstances. Don’t be discouraged or afraid of your future. The Lord upholds and keeps us, and He will not let us be forsaken! I pray the Lord our God turns your disappointment into hope and joy, and that your necessary renovation will be accomplished in a mighty way, as only the Lord can do for us! You have my shoulder…and my prayers…and hugs and lots of love, too…Blessings!

12 Likes

As you are - and we all are to God - praying Jeanet.

3 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!

1 John 3

15 Likes

Guess this is one of those times, I guess . . . Those times of great disappointment . . . Unexpected and unwelcome . . . Those times that leave us empty handed and heavy hearted . . . So hard . . . I’ve heard Pastor JD say, paraphrasing here, that we pray with the understanding that God will answer just as we would have wanted Him to, if we knew what HE knew. I find comfort in that. Pray you will too.

Dearest Father, in the name of Our Jesus, open a window where this door has been shut. Give Jeanet peace in this situation knowing that you know her need, and her future. Lead her and guide her way forward from here. May she trust in your Word to work all things to her good. . . And that goodness and mercy follow her all the days of her life. . . Amen

11 Likes

11 Likes

And . . . One day we’ll put down our paint brushes and hammers cuz . . . We’ve got a place prepared for us . . . Hope that thought makes you smile

5 Likes

Oh Jeanet,
My heart hurts for you. We are in such perilous times…due to Satan’s influences compassion has almost completely disappeared. Nothing is as it should be and sadly will never be again

Tho your suffering is shared by those who also love and depend on the mercies of our beloved Lord we know that our hardships will increase…for they MUST prior to His return.

Please do your best to be grateful for all that you have at this very moment in time and don’t allow your faith to wain. This period of testing will reap jewels in your crown as long as you’re able to endure and finish the race.

I’ll pray for your strength, calm and the peace that only our gentle Holy Spirit can and will supply…all you need do is call on Him.

Never forget that we are ONE in Christ…His beloved bride…soon and very soon we will behold His glorious face.

13 Likes

Go to another bank. You are the consumer. You are purchasing their product. Take your business elsewhere. Keep trying. If you own a house someone will lend you the money. Good luck.

4 Likes

Made me smile, Brenda.
especially this verse:

Don’t think me poor or
Deserted or lonely,
I’m not discouraged
I’m heaven bound,
I’m just a pilgrim
In search of a city,
I want a mansion
A harp and a crown.

But if perhaps the home problems are causing illness or stress to your husband, Jeanet, then I understand your bitter disappointment @TheNetherlandsJet . Praying :pray: in agreement with others for a turnaround to this situation in ways that maybe we cannot yet fathom. May the Lord guide you to your next step towards a solution, if that be as @Jon suggests it might , to WAIT. & PRAY. or as @Judea suggests , to contact another bank.

7 Likes

@Jon , I grabbed the oar and am paddling like crazy!! But you’re right of course. For myself I really don’t care. I am happy as long as I have hot water and a roof that isn’t leaking. I don’t care that our kitchen is falling apart. For now, everything does what it is supposed to do, and hopefully till the Lord comes to take us home! But I wanted this so bad for my family who are quite fed up with all the old stuff in our house. But ah, well… God knows best!!
Btw: our contractor is a client (i’m his accountant), so wouldn’t steal but is indeed too busy. lol.
I just thanked my bank advisor (thanks for nothing!!) for his work, and told him please remember our conversation (i told him about the signs of the time and Farag). Maybe all this was to save a life. Who knows. If that is it…I am happy.

12 Likes

I know. My first reaction after I posted my prayer request was one of shame. We are so rediculously blessed! We have a home, food every day and me, my husband and 2 girls of 23 & 18 are saved and going to be with our Lord hopefully soon. I really don’t need anything else. Thanks for praying and caring. Hope to meet you soon!

9 Likes

That shows you don’t live in the Netherlands. I wish it was so easy! No such luck. If I tried another bank I would be even worse of than we are now. Thanks for caring and praying though!

1 Like

That’s just it: my husband has wanted to move a long time ago. He doesn’t really feel safe in our house. When he is healthy and in a good mindset all is ok, but like now, when he is stressed and sick he wants to be out, like, yesterday. I told him over and over that we just don’t have the money to move. And just last week our 2 girls got attacked by a group of kids near our home (you should see the other kids. lol) but that moved the stress-level up a few notches.
I wanted to do this so much for him! But God knows best… another bank is no option in our situation, believe me. I have tried it all, and this was our only shot.
I am so grateful for all your prayers and thoughts! It has really calmed me down. Thanks and Bless!

6 Likes

We have no shame to share our griefs and disappointments with one another! This Forum has brought such beauty to my life…I don’t have the words… I have poured my heart out on this Forum and I know all the prayers and encouragement is stored in my soul to keep “that oil in my barrel” so to speak. I often say we’re not of the world, but we are in the world, and have needs and desires. So, sweet Sister, pull up that chair, have a cup of tea or coffee, and just fellowship here! Blessings to you and your precious hubby!

5 Likes

Hello. I’m praying for you to be comforted by your sister in Christ. Continue to seek God to answer your prayers. He has something planned better than what you were hoping for. When disappointment happens, as hurtful as it is, make every effort to crush Satan by praying more, fast if your able, and pray that every demon plotting against Gods destiny for you will be destroyed by the power of the Holy Spirit. Keep praying powerfully that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. I look forward to being home with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Until then my sister, continue to grow spiritually and pray powerfully and resist the devil and he will flee. Stay strong. We will meet soon, hallelujah!!

2 Likes

I hope you are feeling better and have been encouraged by the fellowship here (I’m late to this message). :two_hearts:

1 Like

Will pray for you one thing I can guarantee for sure is this has passed through the Lords hands and you can hold fast to His promise of Romans 8 - “all things work for good for those who Love Him & are called according to His purpose”. I have walked with the Lord since the age of 12 and will b e turning 79 in the near future. Natural to be anxious, but if you have to do it every minute just declare your trust in the Lord an allowing our emotions to control us are like gas on the fire…one thing He is teaching amongst many it to hold fast to His Word no matter if emotions rage.

2 Likes