Could use some prayer

Just wanted to ask for some prayer, between dealing with people every day at work and just this world in general, I find my flesh really wanting to act out more then it has in a long time. Had a bit of road rage one day that I needed to repent of, I just need the Lords strength. Now is not the time to start living in the flesh and getting side tracked with the world. Too close to the end for that, just need some extra prayer. Thank you all.

23 Likes

Matthew,
Considering how very close we are to the glorious day that Jesus rescues us Satan is on a major rampage to tempt and discourage us. I can’t imagine we aren’t ALL struggling to hold on and remain pleasing to God. What a blessing that we’ve been forgiven for yesterday today and tomorrow. Since HE knows our hearts NOTHING stands between us and our redemption.
Just keep standing in HIS TRUTH while finishing the race…

12 Likes

You got it! Praying for you. I’m familiar with those road rage demons - they’re always tempting me.

6 Likes

FOR ME, I think fighting the battle with my flesh is a process that ends, a nano-second after death. Good thing our spirit is saved and will never die. Had a bit of a bout with same issue yesterday.
I pray and put you in the hands of our loving Savior, who knows our sins never outweigh His forgiveness, mercy and Love. Doc

“For I know, that in me (that is, in my flesh ) dwelleth no good thing . For to will is present with me: but how to performe that which is good , I find not.” Rom 7;16

12 Likes

@NamDoc The day the flesh, sin, temptation all that no longer has any effect on me is one of the things I long for the most. I hate that side of me, it’s like the scripture you quoted I know there is no good with in me. I am so lost without Jesus Christ and deserving of damnation I know this to be true. The more evil I see this world becoming the more I want out of here, because it just reminds me of the evil of the flesh nature that is in me. I admit I have always struggled to fully comprehend the grace of God in my life, but at the same time I am very thankful for it. Because without His grace and mercy I have no hope.

9 Likes

Praying for you, @MDLange82. At least you recognize your shortcomings…that says a lot about how God is ever present in your life, snatching you by the back of the shirt to get you back in line. Then you ask for prayer, realizing that the time is short. All positive!

Praying that the humans who try you in your daily walk will be few, but when they do appear and try your flesh, you will send up a prayer for them. God does work in mysterious ways indeed!

7 Likes

Brother, we’re gonna have to set up shop for you LOL! Outside of the chaos and turmoil, how you doing? If you’re handling everything as you are right now and not out there killing people or murdering anyone, I say you’re doing pretty darn well for yourself.

Loving Heavenly Father

Please grant Matthew a revitalizing of the Holy Spirit within him and recharge his heart with an overabundance of joy in You, Lord. Speak to him loudly when he starts to get tangled in the web of worldly wiles. The Worldly Wiles Web or Worldly Web of Wiles…say that three times fast…anyway…Please help him find the outlet he needs to soothe the welling up of discontent and anger through frustration that he is feeling. Please turn his gaze upon You when he begins to feel the way he dislikes towards others…and traffic.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

5 Likes

Thank you @Jon, I always appreciate your humor and your prayers. Don’t worry I haven’t become a felon of any kind… although the way this world is going I imagine it won’t be long before I’m arrested of non-compliance or something along those lines. Maybe I do ask for prayer a lot, but I know my weakness, and while pray and spend time with the Lord on my own, I know the value in having other believers praying for me as well, thank you again.

9 Likes

So very well said. God bless you so much.

3 Likes

I too see ‘the old me’ rising up but
This is what I am seeing transpire.

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:16 NKJV)

Thank you all!

5 Likes

Never think I’m doing anything else but poking at ya when I say what I say, Matthew. You have given me much to think about in what you have asked for regarding prayer. I think I said one time that prayer is the reason we are together and I’m glad to see someone taking the time to ask for help (prayer) when they need it and not be silent, like myself, when I need that same help.

The connection I feel with your presence is that of an actual brother with you. So when I respond to you, know that I smile as I type to you with joy in seeing you post.

3 Likes

AMEN …Matthew, you wrote exactly how I feel. Doc

When He said pick up your cross and follow I sometimes forget, I was going to my crucifixion. I thought it was all about studying the bible, and debating doctrine. NOPE [[[ I AM TALKING ABOUT ME]]]

3 Likes

@Jon I know your just poking, I just say that because I really feel like I ask for prayer too much at times, don’t like to have the appearance of being “needy” and in the back of my mind I get that sense that I am sometimes haha. But I really do appreciate you and everyone else on this forum. It’s been a long time since I have been part of a church family and I feel like I have that again here. A lot of good people with a wealth of knowledge. I enjoy the time I spend on here talking with everyone and reading the various posts.

2 Likes

This is actually the first time I have experienced what I consider a family in Christ to be. My original experience was shall we say, barely tolerable. Glad to be in here now though and never consider yourself needy in a negative sense. We are all in actuality needy. Otherwise, people would be attending my former church lol.

4 Likes

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

& the whole world, brother, He is with you/us , we are signed Sealed and are going to be Delivered.

5 Likes

I know the feeling!

1 Like

I get it ! The struggle is real for me too.
Praying :pray:
Hang in there :relaxed:

1 Like

I feel the same way. I am frustrated with coworkers who are fooled by the plandemic and go along with the stupid masks and who got the clot shots. They just want things to go back to normal, and are oblivious to the fall of Babylon. I get a hostile vibe from those who are drinking the big pharma kool aid, and I work in a Christian workplace. They do not have the Truth in them.

1 Like