Daughter looking at prison

My daughter has a problem with drugs. This is not her first legal struggle. She’s looking at 12 to 22 months in prison and just hired a lawyer.
While I don’t disagree she needs punishment for breaking the law, she is also a victim from Satan’s tool of destruction, meth.
My prayer is, her kids age 9 and 6 won’t have to also be punished with their mom locked away.
I’m praying for drug court and court ordered treatment.

22 Likes

Hello, I’m so very sorry to hear!!! Please know God is good and gracious!!! Prayer is extremely powerful & you & your daughter will be in mine!***

I’d like to encourage you with my own experience, my brother was locked up in Dec’20 & his path on drugs led there, BUT GOD!!! The Lord sent a rehab that was Bible based, they immediately accepted my brother and of course he had to face the judge that through the Almighty Lord’s help alone granted rehabilitation, he’ll be there for a full year, until Dec’21 & the last time I spoke to him he sounded like a new person, said it’s the longest time in 7years he’s been clean and for the first time he knows what it is to grow spirituality!*** The Lord has also provided for the monthly payments, He is our provider!***

My heart goes out to you, I saw what my parents went through prior to him being put in the back of a police van and him sleeping in a cell was horrible, no words to explain the trauma of the events leading up to and then him being there. We felt helpless and being on our knees is what got us through!!! Looking back I can only say God uses EVERYTHING for His glory and ultimately our good!*** This will in some way work out for your good, your daughters good, for the good of her children and for God’s glory!*** God hears you, He inclines His ears & anything is possible through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!***

10 Likes

I’m sorry, @CindyCindi. I’m praying for your daughter to turn her life around. I hope she gets the help she needs. I am dealing with an alcoholic adult son, so I can relate to your pain. It’s terribly painful, and I pray for your peace, your calm, and your ability to sleep. I pray that the children are not sad and suffering. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

God took care of Daniel when there didn’t appear to be any earthly way to survive in the den of lions. God took care of the three Hebrews in the firey furnace when even the guards perished from the heat. And God took care of a certain thief on a cross near His even though his earthly life was ending. God has His own, from the beginning to the end and He is faithful, no matter what earthly appearances might foretell. Trust in His divine providence even when we don’t understand everything He’s doing. He’s got this.

May God bless you all and place you all exactly where He knows is best to accomplish that which all need and for His glory.

8 Likes

Sometimes when we read stories in the Bible, we wonder why they are there, and what does it mean for me. Then when tough or challenging times come, and the Holy Spirit reminds us of these ordinary people from the Bible and how God rescued them in the most extraordinary ways. Their only prerequisite was prayer and an unwavering trust and faith in God. I live in the Netherlands which is really next door to Germany. It is also a matter of time when similar laws will be passed here too. We must stand strong, even in the face of opposition, ridicule and rejection. As God rescued Daniel from the lions, and the three Hebrew boys from the fiery furnace and countless others from their challenges, God will rescue us. Maybe it is our platform to proclaim the truth of the Gospel. Who knows, maybe some will even be saved as a result. Now is the time, more than ever to call out to the God of the universe for His protection. I’m praying with you. May God help us all in our afflictions. May we stand strong for the truth and not give in.

9 Likes

Sometimes when we reach rock bottom, the only option we have is to look up. Perhaps jail time will get your daughter’s attention. Prison is often a place where many encounter Jesus. I’m praying the same for your daughter. May this time of testing be a testimony. That out of this messy situation there will be a message that God loves even those who have blown it so bad, that it looks like there is no hope left. Jesus came not for the righteous but for those who know that they are sinner’s. May your grandchildren see their mom rescued from this dire circumstance and see and know God can do all things. I pray also that put of this, that God will plant them as trees of righteousness.

Bless you Cindy, may God encourage you through His word and you be strengthened by the prayers of the Saints.

8 Likes

Thank you. I’m at the end of my resources. I’m not even that worried about her punishment, but rather what it will do to those sweet kids.
They have lived through so much mom drama in their short lives. I don’t want to help raise them, I’m getting too old for this. Please, Lord make a way.

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I can’t second guess God, but pray for his mercy.

5 Likes

If she’s not at rock bottom, I don’t know what her bottom is. She’s being evicted, she broke her arm, she’s got court next week.
I am hoping whatever happens, it will break her relationship with her no good boyfriend.

4 Likes

Thank you. I told her yesterday to make sure she’s saved. I think it fell on deaf ears.
She knows how to be saved and I made sure my grandchildren go to church, I take them myself.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s worse when your child struggles with a legal drug. ((Hugs))

2 Likes

Legal,illegal…it’s all too easy to access and even easier to get addicted to something that makes the pain go away, if only for a few hours. It’s very sad, and affects so many of us. I know our children are in some pain and just want an escape. They will not listen to any logic or good advice.

And we get stuck in this cycle, too, rescuing, trying to help and save them from drowning, only to be pulled down in their swirling muck of problems. I can’t take it anymore, and I’m trying to detach with love—easier said than done.

Lord, help us “Cindys” to do your will rather than get in the way of it.

In Jesus’ name,

amen

Cindy :woman_technologist:

3 Likes

I’ve done way too much for her, each time thinking she’s going to straighten up.
I’m at the end of my resources, where God wants me to be. She’s yours Lord.

4 Likes

Ya know, a short stint in prison could very well be a giant “reset button” for her, and not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes hard resets are possible when “soft” ones seem impossible for someone to make happen. We pray that God will use what seems so awful and make something good from it. He can do that!

3 Likes

:pray: Cindy, we know each other from a former site. I’ve kept L in my prayers and especially her children and you too.
I am relieved she is still alive. I pray this time will be what it takes to turn her life around and allow the Lord to lead in her life.

4 Likes

I thought your flowers looked familiar.
I left the other site, I couldn’t discuss my concerns and my posts kept getting deleted.
Thank you for your prayers, we need them!

3 Likes

Welcome, you will love it here!

I am so sorry you are going through this again. Bless your heart this is a mother’s worst nightmare.

Love,

Susan

5 Likes

Cindy, this is a great place

4 Likes

Your very welcome. I can only imagine what you are going though as a mom and grandmother!!! You’ve already raised your child / children, now is supposed to only be the time to spoil and enjoy your grandkids, not to stand in as the care taker / provider / be the discipline in their lives!!! Please rest in the fact that God will not give you more than you can bear, even when it sometimes feels like it - “I know the Lord won’t give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wish He didn’t have so much confidence in me”! The good news about being at the end of our recourses:

2Cor12:9 - But He said to me, My grace (Favour and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weakness and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, pitch a rent over and dwell) upon me!

The Lord cares for and love your grandchildren more than you or their mom ever could and He’ll carry them through this situation, He’ll use everything that they have been through and that they will go though for their ultimate good, He is a good God!!! May He come soon and may all turn to Him!***

You guys will all be in my prayers :pray: :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

Indeed this is a safe place.

4 Likes