Daughter looking at prison

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Morning’ Cindy. Praying for L today.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I have cut down my coffee to help with my anxiety.

3 Likes

First court date is this Thursday. She’s going without a lawyer. They have changed the charges recently, making them worse. I think she plans to get a lawyer. I’m going to stay out of it, unless she wants to talk. Nothing I can do.

4 Likes

Praying for Thursday’s details, @CindyCindi, and for peace in your own heart for your daughter.

5 Likes

Praying for you, @CindyCindi. I know you must be anxious despite your faith. I pray that your daughter will get the help she needs and a judge who understands addiction. Praying for a fair judge who orders a continuance until they find her a public defender.

In Jesus’ name,

amen

the other Cindy
:pray:t2::heart::raised_hands:t2::sunflower:

2 Likes

Oh thank you! Yes, a judge who understands addiction. Please Lord.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that and know a bit how it feels. Our second son is in a court process due to breaking a serious law. We feel heart broken and know that he has to face to consequences of what he has done. It could be 6 months at least. However, like you we know that prison will probably kill him or get him killed. And we also pray: 1 that God’s will be done 2. That what will happen will be for the best of him 3. that he will completely find his way back to God (he is praying and feels so ashamed but we want a full surrender).
I pray that this will happen in your situation too. I pray that God will give you strength and peace and will bless the children too. I keep listening to the song: I raise a hallelujah. May that song will encourage you too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRo7kFl7hBw

4 Likes

Can she get legal aid? Our son found a really good help in that. God sent really.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard that song, thank you.
It’s hard to raise a hallelujah in the middle of the storm, but no one else but God can help.
I’m sorry you’re going through this, too.
My daughter is an only child, so everything she does wrong, makes me feel worse.

2 Likes

I think she needs a tough bull dog of a lawyer, it’s that bad.
Maybe she can get them to go back to her original charges at her first court date tomorrow.
She was driving her boyfriend’s truck and after they impounded it, they made more serious charges.
I don’t know how low she has to go before she cries out to God.
She has a broken arm
She’s being evicted
She has serious legal trouble

3 Likes

:pray: :pray: Praying for you as well as L.
Lord please grant favor in this broken hearted mother’s pleas and bless her.
Please keep her in Your tender care and love, Lord. In Jesus merciful and loving name, Amen

6 Likes

:pray: :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you!
I’m praying for boot camp and drug court to keep the family intact. Thy will be done.

5 Likes

Through many years our 3 sons have had their problems (addictions) with alcohol and drugs. I can only say that I learned not to let my mind run away with me. Fear can break you completely. This kind of song I use to give Satan and his helpers a kick in the shin! I am still afraid but I don’t let fear rule me. Whenever fear and worry comes in I try to turn it around and make it a tool to turn to God. That does not mean it does not attack me, oh yes! But God gives us strategies. One line in that song I don’t agree with. My weapon is not a melody but the Word of God. When I am so afraid (often at night) that I cannot pray, I pray the word of God! Does that make sense. David and his words in the psalms are often useful. Keep clinging to Him dear sister. It’s the only thing that will get us through. Job’s story is good for us. the story of Joseph too. Through all the bad things and betrayal God brought Joseph to the place where he could save people. What Satan intends for evil God will use as a blessing.

6 Likes

May you be carried by His grace as you go through this. I so pray with you that she’ll come to that place where there is nothing to do but run to Him. I am also afraid that, if my son has to go to prison, he’ll loose his flat. And there is nothing to rent after something like that. Bless you Cindy!

3 Likes

Indeed Lord - do what is best for all concerned!

2 Likes

That makes total sense to pray the word when I can’t form a prayer. Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, THY WILL be done.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar situation. She has a bad rental history because of drugs. I don’t want her to be homeless and I don’t want her living with me.
Father, please turn what is meant for evil, into good. :pray:

2 Likes

Today’s arraignment was NOT good. They said she had 2 prior felonies, she said she has 1. They are going to look into it. They want to charge her with 2nd habitual offender and triple all the penalties. She makes too much for a public defender but if she hires an attorney for 10k and ends up going to prison and loses her job, it’s an impossible situation.

3 Likes