Dead Man's Switch (aka Left Behind e-Resources)

We have a few businesses and I lack boldness to do much in regards to sharing the gospel because my husband (we have 50/50 ownership in all of them - pray for us!) is not saved and a lot of our customers are very left leaning. So I had the idea of doing a dead man’s switch of sorts with our email lists, texting groups and social media - all of these sites give you the ability to schedule posts/emails/texts to send in the future. Of course, I need to make sure to keep rescheduling them if we continue to be here but I wanted to put this idea out there for any of you with businesses and using platforms with the ability to schedule.

It’s kind of like electronic left behind resources that will auto send after you are gone (which, of course, could be for other reasons too). If I can’t be bold during life, I can at least be bold after I leave. ha!

Has anyone done anything like this already?

Could be cool to make some social graphics debunking the myth we were snatched by UFO’s too which it seems they have been laying the groundwork for for some time now. KJ just put out a great video on this: https://www.whoiskjozborne.com/the-stage-is-set-for-satans-great-delusion-2021/ (I find his work to be very approachable for younger non-christians.)

Anyway, just more ideas for getting the gospel out in any way that we can!
Can’t wait to meet you all - very soon! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello Stephanie @steflyn23 ,

I will certainly pray for your husband’s salvation.

Also regarding the scheduling of emails for future you might want to discuss this with @MakeDisciples who mentioned this idea about 18 days ago in reply to a May 20th post called Left Behind Resources by @Chase.

I like your idea about graphics for debunking the UFO myth.

4 Likes

Well, what a great application of that verse. You’ve inspired me too. Thanks for sharing.

Also, you have certainly given @steflyn23 plenty to think about there. :+1:

I will pray for you about these efforts you want to make and for boldness, which I also need.
…another introvert here :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome! I just read that whole thread and have all the resources open and will be digging through and compiling my own versions here shortly! I think the time is so short (anyone else notice that JD said he won’t be here next Sunday, combine that with June 20th lining up to be Pentecost, the first day of summer, father’s day, the day after juneteenth (or a jubilee day of being free from slavery), a sunday (rev 1:10, 4:1 and known as “resurrection day” and it’s pretty hard to not be excited). I got sucked in to the articles at this site: Articles
If only I didn’t have all this worldly/day job stuff to worry about! :slight_smile:
But, His timing is perfect. Maranatha!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I read the thread and I’m digging through everything now!

100% agree with your sense of being torn between the world and God, I also just don’t know how to separate myself or feel at peace about what I am doing for Jesus since there’s always so much work to be done when you have your own businesses so it feels as if I am being irresponsible, but if we’re about to leave in the rapture then so what?! But, of course, it’s possible we aren’t about to leave… argh! :slight_smile: so, it’s frustrating. I have been trying to pray more, give my burdens to Jesus more, NOT stress or have anxiety but I still think Jesus would be calling me Martha and not Mary at this point. But i press on and have faith that He will finish the work He started. Maranatha!

And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.” And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. “But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

2 Likes

In point 1, one week seems ‘short’. If web sites are down for one week or if there is a black-out, a earth disaster, you will not be able to do something in time.

What will happen after the emails are sent?

Will the process stop or it will be send again next day, next week?

So they frequently talk about 3 days of darkness, my thought is that the rapture and resurrection of dead saints may trigger a loss of power due to the release of major energy (“like lightning”, the shroud of turin) and (now stick with me) then the “aliens” show up to tell everyone not to panic, they removed us fuddy duddys that were standing in the way of man’s next step of evolution AND they also can give us free energy. All of that to say, controlling our now mostly electronic money (buying and selling) and controlling people via the mark is going to require technology and therefore electricity.

I was going to set my things to send a month later and not just one week so there is time for things to come back online, but after reflecting on that, perhaps a month is too long and I might set it at 2 weeks instead. I am assuming that will give things enough time.

However, it could be that nothing goes back to “normal” and perhaps the systems will fail completely and need to be rebuilt or something, in which case, this could all be a moot point as nothing will work afterwards or perhaps nothing will work without some human assistance getting connections reconnected. So, perhaps, in the left behind letters, a few notes are left that these things are set to trigger and then ask for their help in making sure that happens? Could go the opposite direction though too.

That all reminds me too that I have all our passwords, etc printed out in case the computer is totally fried in the resurrections/rapture event and all my saved computer files are lost. If something like an EMP attack would happen or if the r/r event will be like an emp explosion due to the release of radiation or something (I really don’t know anything about this just repeating things I think I’ve heard) then I think all electronics are completely dead anyway. And then wouldn’t it be just like the antichrist to give everyone new free cell phones and computers - all with built in controls and monitors of course!? Certainly seems possible. Just heard today that there’s a country turning off your sim card if you don’t have the vac.

Depressing to think about too long but I press on…

Thanks for making time to reply to me.
Yes, your reminder of time :clock1130: being short is what I needed right now. I have some witness letters to finish, print and post or email, warning friends about the imminent Rapture of the Church and reminding them how to be saved. I have sent a few already, trying to alter each one to suit the individuals to whom I am sending them.

I like that… pressing on…with faith, and resting from works, because He will finish the work. Sounds like a sermon I heard recently… :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, thank you for saying that. I have been troubled about the amount of papers and magazines and stuff lying around in a disorganized fashion, waiting for me to clear it all up. For the same reason. Wanting to leave a good testimony behind.
And yet, the urgency to write or email unsaved friends and distribute more tracts to strangers is there too.
Today I looked up a sermon by Spurgeon called “Micah’s Message for Today.” (I had been reading ch 6). The following paragraph is quite relevant for us and for @steflyn23 , I think.

" When, from morning to night, you are still pressed with this and that service, still keep your proper place. That is where Martha went wrong, you know–not in having much serving, but by getting to be mistress. She was, “Mrs. Martha,” and the housewife is a queen! But Mary sat in the servant’s place at Jesus’ feet. If Martha’s heart could have been where Mary’s body was, then had she served aright. "

On your other point, @MakeDisciples, about our not knowing how long till the rapture occurs, I wonder what you think of this saying:

“Plan as if the Lord were not coming back for a long time, but live as if He were coming back today.”

We used to have a pastor who advised us to have that attitude. Not so easy to apply, I guess, when you believe as many do that ‘Jesus is at the door.’

I know others who are having similar struggles to you…a chronically ill man who wonders if it’s worth expending his energy on editing and publishing a book he has written, a mature age student who wonders if there’s a point to keep doing his studies to become a teacher…

I suppose that tension is a form of suffering. Those verses you have quoted are so comforting.
And I just remembered another -

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct Your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5,6)

If you like, I will pray for you to have wisdom as to whether you should retire early, asking the Lord to show you clearly if He is calling you to full-time evangelism.

You can also say in your email, that you will try to send your email 3 times to be sure they have it.

My idea would be to create a simple email with abc salvation and the verses of the mark of the beast, warning of the angels not to take it and some links to download offline Bible apps + some strong Telegram, Rumble channels. And it’s enough. A short email, not heavy to send.

Rem: my 2 apps are offline and totally free if you want to add them (it was my goal since the beginning of development).

People will not have time to watch videos, they will be persecuted. The telecom will be down and probably a lot of web sites down and slow.

1 Like

You made me laugh; thank you. I am a Martha; always busy doing for others and not focusing on the One who gave me the gift of service. I am glad I am not alone. :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, I can relate! My issue would be the cupboards and closets, as well as the basement. :relaxed:

1 Like