Dec 13 2020: Bible Prophecy Update

I’m not so dogmatic about KJV only, I use the KJV, as I’ve been told it’s a good translation, and it serves well enough for my purposes, but if someone wants to use ESV or NKJV or something I’m not going to rebuke them for that. I’ve heard there’s some weird translations out there but I haven’t really looked into them to see if they’re as bad as people claim they are or not. My church uses KJV, I use KJV although I’ve read NIV as well and I’ve compared verse to verse in ESV and nothing about the ESV has stood out as being bad. As long as it’s the word of God and you can learn about the gospel in it, that’s good enough I’d hope.

Hello, you guys are (fill in the blanks) till cows come home.

Listen to what this sister said in this video: Time is short!

3 Likes

Great!..That lady is not falling to any blablablablabla uh? Sh’e is just standing firmly upon the rock.

WOW !!! now that’s a statement…
The bible is the word of God, it is not God the WORD, if every bible was removed from the face of the earth, the Holy Spirit will still bring man to salvation. There were no KJV bibles when God saved Abraham.
Years ago I found myself in bible idolatry, and have repented of it, I read the KJV but I was saved with a (Good News for Modern Man) by the Holy Spirit. I had bought it from a drug store in Boston, on a lark, being an atheist at the time.
Warmly Doc

3 Likes

JD talked about this several months ago. I would recommend watching that update to see where this comes from. He is basing it on several things, including Pastor Andy Woods research. Woods has done amazing work talking about the rapture in a 30+ episode teaching series, and he covers that in depth there. It might be worth watching those videos first, at least to see where this view comes from. It’s actually pretty convincing.

1 Like

A year or so ago I watched the “Alien Intrusion” movie, and they talked about some of this aspect of how the rapture could be explained away as an alien abduction. The movie really did a good job of showing how aliens are demonic, and shared real-life experiences from people who were having “alien” experiences which they stopped when they called out Jesus’ name. There is a book, too, but if you prefer to watch a film, I’d highly recommend it. It’s really well done and shows you how unlikely aliens are, and how real people have experienced this phenomenon.

2 Likes

Colossians 2:8

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
Warmly Doc

3 Likes

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2 Likes

Interesting perspective, Thank you…
Warmly Doc

ChristBringsASword
December 16

NamDoc:

WOW !!! now that’s a statement…
The bible is the word of God, it is not God the WORD, if every bible was removed from the face of the earth, the Holy Spirit will still bring man to salvation. There were no KJV bibles when God saved Abraham.

Jesus is the Word. The Bible is the Word.
The Bible is made from a dead tree that had to give its life.
The Cross is a dead tree that had to give its life
Jesus had to die to give us life.
The Word of God gives life to the dead tree.
The Word of God is written on the pages which gives the Holy Bible Life.
The Holy Bible is the Tree of Life
Jesus is the Tree Of Life
Don’t tell me my Holy Bible is not the Word of God
Don’t tell me The Word of God is not Jesus
Don’t tell me the Bible saves me when I consume it.
You are not my authority.
You are a false translation of the Word of God

I’m moving on, but before I sincerely pray ; ." That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints" KJV
I mean you know harm brother…Warmly Doc

6 Likes

@NamDoc.
Always takes the high road. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Stop it.

If your KJV only belief leads to this kind of spat and argument on the forum, the very kind of thing JD has repeatedly said we believers should not to do, then walk away. If you must keep your KJV only belief, feel free to do so, but do it without arguing with other believers.

5 Likes

Fully support your words.

We can discuss Main Christian Doctrines to the Blood like Salvation. I would go to fight this even to the boundaries of Hell. “Salvation is BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH and NOT BY WORKS”, for example. Because it is My Duty with my brothers and most of all with Christ.

But, KJV only?, Trump or Biden?, Covid Vacc is this or that?.. Not worthy.

God Bless

1 Like

I never said the KJV was the wrong bible… it’s the one I use too.

So… while this particular vaccine (is NOT the mark of the beast), it’s grooming us for it in multiple ways.
Not only are social media and youtube censoring videos and comments that make the unfactual claims about the vaccine, but they are warning people and adding strikes to their accounts for making these claims. Eventually they weed out people who while they might be mistaken about this particular vaccine, when the real mark of the beast does arrive, the watchmen won’t be able to sound since they’ve found themselves banned and censored from places where they can warn others. It’s not only grooming us to accept the mark, it’s ostracizing and weeding out those who’d warn others against it.
This is a pretty bad precedent and plan.

1 Like

I am sticking with what you exactly quoted from me.

I`m Not engaging in useless and worthless discussions with NOBODY.

God Bless

Do not put words in my mouth. You shouldn`t expect me to defend YOUR BIBLE, not THE BIBLE. Properly wording what the mind thinks is important.

And No, You dont know, and even more you dont HAVE to know and you won`t know.

One but it has been translated many times.
We have to trust that God preserves the meaning in these various translations, and we have to trust Him for that with the KJV as well. The original new testament manuscripts were not written in English.
I trust God that the KJV is an accurate translation, but I also trust Him that there are other accurate translations.

1 Like

@ChristBringsASword

I think you’ve chased too many breadcrumbs.
:wink: :bread:

1 Like