December 12, 2021 - Hebrews 12:18-24 – Don’t Go Back Into Legalism

:hawaiianshirt_4: Pastor JD talks about the dangers of legalism, specifically as it relates to the reasons that there’s a temptation and even a seduction to go backwards into it.

Watch on JDFarag.org
image (1)

or watch on youtube

7 Likes

This sermon taught me so much!

1 Like

I really love this sermon from Pastor JD and love the part of when he shared about his son’s experience from a Bible group in his school. There was a part however that JD mentioned that got me a little bit confused. There was this argument between Levi and the group about why Jesus then need to be baptized if baptism is not required to be saved.

I know that baptism is not required to be saved and that it is an outward manifestation that we are a believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

Jesus need to be baptized and is written in the four gospels so we can witness how the Holy Spirit descended upon Him and how God declared Jesus as His only begotten Son to whom He is pleased and as this fulfilled the prophecy, Jesus being the Messiah.

Am I understanding it right?

4 Likes

You are Biblically sound. His son sounds to have the makings of a great teacher also.

2 Likes

Your not wrong, more thoughts on His Baptism follow…

4 Likes

Thank you Doc , this is a fabulous resource you can ask it anything. I have a new believer acquaintance who is asking me daily questions. Wd it be wrong to fwd that page and let them find answers or should I keep trying to help?

3 Likes

Thank you. I agree, Levi, JD’s son can be a good pastor too like him. Well grounded on the Word.

2 Likes

Thank you. A very great reference and a meaty detail about this topic of why Jesus needs to be baptized.

1 Like

@Margaret , I use the site myself, it sure knows more than I do, and so far found nothing off track. You could keep it yourself and others would think your a brilliant biblical scholar [JOKING]
I’m 80 now and can’t remember a lot, so I look up a subject and if it is something I can hang my hat on, I’ll pass it on. It’s a terrific resource.
I wonder though, if a new person can use your love and caring also. Plus the Holy Spirit may lead you to say something a computer program can’t. I think when we personally help people, we are also helped, by getting out of our-self.
Warmly Doc :rose: :dove:

5 Likes

Thank you doc, I was just getting overwhelmed with contunual questions. But decided both…sent her the link but answered the questions to the latest batch of questions to the best of my ability. Thank you very much it’s a great resource. I am trying to persuade her to find a chuch but as many if forum have pointed out its easier said than done at this point in time. GOD BLESS and thanks, margaret

3 Likes