December 26, 2021 - Christmas Sermon – Faith Over Fear, Matthew 1:18-25

:hawaiianshirt_4: Pastor JD talks about the power of faith over fear as it relates to Joseph and the birth of the Savior of the world.

Watch on JDFarag.org
image (4)

or watch on youtube

8 Likes

I have yet to listen to this!! I can’t wait. The Bible Prophecy today was incredibly exciting! Just around the corner!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

What a great Christmas message :heart: :green_heart:!

It was very reassuring to hear how he views celebrating Christmas and what the various things mean. I am in total agreement with his stance and I’m not and never gonna let “them” steal this precious moment in human history and will continue to celebrate my Saviour.

Thanks JD…you nailed it…God bless you :innocent: :latin_cross: :place_of_worship:!

5 Likes

yes i enjoyed this Christmas message very much :heart:

2 Likes

Just had a chance to listen this …Pastor JD, you hit another one out of the park!

It made me wonder why Joseph and Mary didn’t make it on the Hebrews 11 list of the Heroes of Faith.

2 Likes

That was a great Christmas message and it is good to stop and really think about what is was like for Mary and Joseph and to put into perspective the emotions and challenges they faced.

I totally agree with Pastor’s explanation why he celebrates Christmas on Dec. 25 and why he has a tree. People talk about it being a pagan symbol; well, just because I have a tree doesn’t mean I worship it any more than the clock hanging on my wall. The whole debate was instigated by Satan to divide the church. If everyone could see that, the debate (within the church) would go away.

I am curious about one thing, Pastor inferred that Catholics don’t think Mary was real; at least, that was my impression. I was raised in the Catholic church and even attended seminary before God took me out of that church and set me on the right track. I thank God and my wife whom he used to get me out. I’ve always known that Mary was a real person. What did he mean when he said (paraphrasing) “…it may come as a surprise to the Catholics, but Mary was a real person.” I’m sure he based it on real experience and I left the Catholic church 40 years ago so I’m not aware of anything regarding Mary and the Catholic church since then. Could he be referring to the Catholic teaching that Mary was taken up into Heaven?

2 Likes

Hi James - I think Pastor JD’s point about Mary was the idolatrous veneration that many Roman Catholics have for her (Queen of Heaven, etc.) almost as if to admit she was just a young woman, would be a mortal sin. (I grew up Catholic too… :grin:)

3 Likes

Oh, yes, that makes perfect sense; I forgot about that.

In the past, I have tried to show family members Jn 14:6, “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” from their own bible and they refused to accept it. It grieves me that they won’t.

Thanks for your input.

1 Like

@BobinNC and @Texasbro:
Bob, I agree with you about the title given to what the Catholics see as Mary.
In my study of God’s word this week, cross references led me to 1Kings 2:19; and Jeremiah chapter 7 (especially verse 18). These books refer to the pagan worship of “queen of heaven”. Further study through the years have shown me a whole historical worship process starting with Nimrod and his mother.
I read a Catholic’s argument online this week defending this worship. He quoted the Catholic bible which allowed me to see the additional word “Queen” in verse 19 “Bath-sheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king’s mother; and she sat on his right hand”.
“King” is with a lower “k”. Catholic bible adds “Queen” (capital Q) before mother. They also change “seat” to throne. They take the common show of respect from child to parent (also between men and women, or anywhere respect is to be shown) and say that Solomon worshipped her as a deity. Worse yet, this man made the connection to Jesus and Mary in the same way.
The Catholic church hides the real identity of the pagan idol of a thousand names…here they dressed her up like a Jewish woman and gave her the name Mary.
Perhaps you can remember that the rosary beads are used only to worship (in chantings) Mary.
This man did say that the Catholic church holds Jesus up as the Son of God, but immediately deminished Jesus’s divinity by saying that Jesus cannot do anything without Mary’s help.
Has anyone seen statues (idols) of Jesus fully grown, alive, and healthy in homes or yards like we see of Mary? I haven’t. So much more that I could add, but not now. I have family that are Catholics…I see their celebrations around Mary.

With God’s word twisted by satan through man’s manipulation, so many people are being deceived. It breaks my heart. There is a saying: you don’t know what you don’t know. I think the best evangelicals to the Catholic is the freed born-again believer.

Blessings

2 Likes

JD’s sermon on the birth of Jesus and seeing Mary and Joseph as real people was good. Good points were made.
One tiny point that I would add is that God waited to see Joseph’s heart BEFORE sending the angel.

Blessings

1 Like