Disappointment affecting my trust

Praying for you

4 Likes

I am touched and blessed by all the replies to my message. Tears are running down my face as I am reading the messages. I feel loved by people who I don’t know and who don’t know me. Thank you to everyone who took time to respond. Truly brothers and sisters in Christ. And, I gladly take the tough love messages too. It was needed. May God bless you all.

13 Likes

I hear you. It is very confusing and can eat you up if you aren’t careful. It has twisted me up inside. I have cried so much that I can’t begin to explain. I ended up taking it. Reluctantly taking it. In August my job said everyone does or you don’t have a job. I felt so overwhelmed. I had been so set against it and still am against it. It doesn’t sit right with me. My husband walked out on me July 2nd 2020, after being together for 18 years. So I add the fact that I have worked there for 28 years and what will I do? I have no one to lean on or e enough talk to. I watched videos on how to live in your car. I finally took it and then was angry with myself.
I don’t know the answers but God does. I wanted to give you a verse that came to my mind.

(I think we should be careful when looking to this group and that one for our direction. Ok to discuss and seek more understanding. All the noise can become too much.)

John 21:21-22 KJVS
Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do ? [22] Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

COMMENTARY
21:21-22 Peter asked Jesus how John would die. Jesus replied that Peter should not concern himself with that. We tend to compare our lives to the lives of others, whether to rationalize our own level of devotion to Christ or to question God’s justice. Jesus responds to us as he did to Peter: “What is that to you? As for you, follow me.”

God bless you…

9 Likes

Thank you Donna. God bless you.

2 Likes

Not sure where you are but it is morning here so good morning or good evening wherever you may be.

I was reading some scripture this morning and it was something I studied on Friday morning of last week and it helped me a great deal. I journal and it is great therapy for me. It is even more amazing when I go back and read things I had written several years ago, or even a few months or weeks ago. Often we can’t see what God is doing while we are in the middle of it. When I reread even my prayers to God I more often than not say wow… and look how God took care of that. In our busy lives we just moved onto the next PRESSING problem and forgot about the one we were carried through by God. This morning as reading this I immediately thought of you this morning. I thought I needed to share this scripture and as only God’s word can do, I am hopeful it will embrace your mind, heart and spirit today.

First I will give you the 2 scriptures from the Psalm that really spoke to me last week and again this morning.

(As you read these just sit on them for a bit and marinate in the Word of God…these verses bring joy and peace to me.)

Psalm 27:4,14 KJVS
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

[14] Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Now, for the entire Psalm 27…I will go ahead and put it here. I pray you are blessed today and at peace and may you and I both let our minds dwell upon the Lord and His goodness today!
God bless you…

Psalm 27:1-14 KJVS
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

[2] When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
[
3] Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
[
4] One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

[5] For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

[6] And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

[7] Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

[8] When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

[9] Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

[10] When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

11] Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

12] Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

13] I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

[14] Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

6 Likes

DonnaLOOKINGUP-12:
Well done that you only took 1 and resisted more. The fact that you knew it was wrong afterward
says (highly) that you still have an excellent functioning relationship with the Holy Spirit.
The short term deaths/injuries are usually visible in the first few weeks and are fractionally demonstrated in the official (horrendous) statistics but the long term effects physically are not visible yet and they will be worse.
In Hosea 4:6 it says
“my people are destroyed by lack of knowledge”
So while the physical effect are cumulative even for the one shot you would be wise to find out how to mitigate/lessen the damage of even that one shot. If you specifically ask God, he will physically miraculously intervene/heal OR CLEARLY lead you as to which doctors/scientists you should believe AND how to get around the censorship to actually find them.
God bless you.

1 Like

Annelien,
I can’t add anything insightful or ilanew to all the great encouragement from others here, so I will just say that I felt much the same way in 2020. When my heart and spirit were overwhelmed by the evil running rampant in America, God led me to the Rock that was greater than my anxiety (Psalm 61:2). Since then I have been able (all glory for this is God’s) to focus on Christ and His many…many encouraging words in the Bible.
l also think that God rimpressed upon me the need to put on His armor every day -and say it out loud so the enemy can hear it. So I do this every day because we are all fighting a spirtual war more intense than any time in human history, because our enemy knows the end of the story!
Have peace dear sister…
“Lord this day by faith I take up the full armor that You provide, enabling me to fight the spiritual battles that I will face today. I bind my waist with the belt of truth – that Jesus is the only way, I put on the breastplate of Jesus’ righteousness; I am ready to share the gospel, I put on the helmet of salvation, so I will not allow the enemy’s thoughts to remain in my mind, and I pick up the sword of the Spirit, which is Your word, powerful and sharp against all who come against us, and above all I take the shield of faith, which will stop all the enemy’s attacks.”

8 Likes

God is in control though we sometimes foolishly doubt this. His light ….His love, His promises ……His knowledge of what is transpiring here is shining radiant above the blinding snow and the mysterious whirlwinds of the storm. As with everything from the beginning, His timing is perfect. We know via scripture that we are in the endgame. We know this. As wonderful as it would be for us to all go to Him in the pretrib rapture (and I am a firm believer that it will most certainly be before the great tribulation) we don’t have assurance that we will experience the rapture in living form. Many of us have an innate feeling that we will but we can’t be devastated with shaken faith if that’s not God’s timing or plan for our life or our earthly death.

Though we don’t have assurance in partaking in the rapture, we do have the assurance of Christ’s redemptive blood. That’s way more important than the rapture. That blood that was shed for us is truly The Way to Heaven and God is ready to receive us into Heaven in the way that only He knows.

We’re all in a very precarious situation. It would seem that we are in physical danger either by genocidal maniacs or governmental maleficence. So we have to be prepared to see Jesus at any moment even prior to the rapture. So while we’re waiting, we have to continually be humbly grateful for our salvation and our assurance of Heaven regardless of the nearness of the rapture.

I hope all this makes sense. I’m all about going in the rapture and have been looking for it to happen since 1996. But if The Lord tarries and something happens to me before that incredible moment for The Church, I know that I am good! Besides, the dead in Christ are actually raptured first :wink::blush:

:smiley: Meanwhile… keep looking up for your redemption (the rapture) is near and remember that He did this for you and remember why He did it……

5 Likes

Thank you Donna. I will definitely make use of the therapy you recommend. Appreciate it. Ps. I live in South Africa.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do appreciate it.

3 Likes

Thank you for the prayer Bob. Between work, studies, managing a team, and having to deal with CV-19 challenges, I’ve dropped the ball and haven’t spent as much time in the Word as I should have the last 2 years. I need to put on His armor.

4 Likes

Dear Sister,
You are wise to cover yourself with God’s Living Word! One of my favorite Scriptures is found in Isaiah 41:10
" Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

We have to comfort one another, encourage one another, and always - always - stay our minds on Christ Jesus and His examples to us as to how we are to live.

6 Likes

Amen! I too put in the armor aloud! I visualize it going on me too!

2 Likes

Beautiful……Amen

2 Likes

Absolutely!

4 Likes

Thank you. I don’t have words… I am blessed and grateful for all the prayers.

1 Like

It’s a difficult time for all of us who are waiting for His return. Here are some verses that I pray will give you peace and help you along the way.

Psalm 27:13-14 “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”

James 5:7-8 “Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.”

Colossians 1:11 “May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy…”

Galatians 6:9 “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”

Romans 8:18 “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

I pray that you will find comfort in these verses and most of all, in the Lord Jesus Himself. Reach out to Him, lift up your burdens to Him and He will bring you peace, joy and comfort through all of your fears and frustrations. May God bless and keep you and you and all of His children await His glorious return!

5 Likes

I can’t say that I can relate except that I had got caught up in “counting” on the rapture happening. Well, it is dangerous to only “count” on it happening. I also won’t put any trite phrases such as hang in there. We ALL need to PLAN on living however many years, 1-50+ but we need to internalize the HOPE of the rapture. It is more about the imminence of it bring us peace and not about it happening any particular year. It WILL happen, and I go back and forth on how soon like many probably also do. Relating with Old Testament Saints that lived through stuff that would leave us begging for death is what helps me. THEY relied on God even through all of their tribulation, and so can I. THIS tribulation now that we have will be very well rewarded in The Kingdom. No matter how bad it gets, The Kingdom will make this all seem like nothing. I can’t imagine how bad others’ have it in life right now, but God WILL get you through the storm. I can only pray for your peace in Christ and not really in this world. You can ONLY trust Christ, not J.D., not any well-wishers on here or anyone else talking about their way of making it through the storm. I pray for your peace as do many others’, but it is ONLY up to you and your close relationship with Christ and His word.

7 Likes

Good morning from Minnesota Lien! I so appreciated your comments for we all have those feelings at times and I have found they reveall how much more we need to die to our feelings daily and learn how to Hold fast to Truth and Trust our Father.
I just turned 78 and have walked with the Lord since He called me back in 1958 at the age of 14…I can assure you He is Faithful to His Word and His Promises!
The little church I attended at in high school was headed by a old German Pastor who taught the Whole Word of God which included Revelation. At that time I did not pursue intense study of Prophecy, nor had I deep study on the importance of the Holy Spirit in our life, nor the daily Study of Gods Word from an Inductive format which is book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse which insures the integrity of Context…Pastors also Church members were reliant upon the pastors, devotionals etc to teach us…big mistake. It was not until about 15 years ago God inspired me to do indepth teaching of the Word led me to the inductieve method and required that I get up earyly before work and read in the Word and prayer, with quality time to Study, Listen and pray about what I read…it radically changed my life…and is even not more important with technology and ease of research and is very dangerous opens us to greater deception…I share this for the purpose to say; which you may already know, is a personal relationship with Christ that be continually deepening and that only comes through reliance upon the Holy Spirit for all we need first Revelation of what the Father is saying through scripture to us and relying upon the Holy Spirit to make it revelant while providing us with pracatical ways of walking in obedience to the Word.
+++there have been many who God called specifically to study about the Kingdom of God to Come and the Returning of the King to establich His Kingdom on this earth. People would get all excited and there were those who were led astray distroting the Word and teachings on the end times leading the uninformed who had not or were not studying Gods Word for themselves that were deceived and joined in with “date setters”… This has made many a christian leary of even talking about or the study of Eschatology (end times). And you may have noticed we who believe study of prophecy and especailly the Rapture are as Peter says, scoffed at. NOthing new under the sun.
BUT, God keep it in the back of my mind through the years…KEY: Israel being born as a Nation, for they had to be back in the land first and since tht day May 14.1968 it is like God stepped on the Prophecy gas pedal…and Christians like me he began to awaken and at Prophecy Conferences our hearts were stirred and excite for it seemed as if any day now: I have attended Jan Markell, Understanding the Times Conference since 2004 and when I came away from that conference i was on fire about it all…then the usual of what you describe takes place years pass and we grow a questioning when Lord when and a little disappointed…Great teaching was, we know not the hour nor the day, only the Father, but then finally got through to many Christians the truth that jesus Spoke “but the Father will give you signs when the end is nea” so that we would not be caught off guard but prepared for those days ad Never Ever has there been flow of signs daily we can’t count them all. Do Not Give up, as Paul said remind yourself and others daily it could be today…and Priority is “personal Time alone in the Word”, inductively, allowing the Holy Spirit to breathe the World of Life into our spirit man, and maintaining 24/7 and attitude of prayer - having a conversation with the Father…about anything and everything through the days even nights.

One thing I hold dear is to remember, while we wait and share the Gospel, our Father is calling Christians to wake up be prepared who are still asleep or living with one foot in the world one in the Kingdom not able to let go of this world…BUT it may mean that one person, friend or family Member will be the last to be called to Know Him before the Rapture.
And everything we go through we learn from, we gain genuine Faith and Trust that help us to pray for and believe for others, plus I don’t know about you, but being 78 and walking with Jesus for over 60++ years I need some buffing up before He brings me Home. That in the little pond I life I live in all the shaking fo the past years has raised alot of dross to be removed that He can bring to pass Ephesians 5:27.
Along note I know but Trust Him He proves worthy of our Trust especially when we don’t feel in control…I will place you on my prayer list.

3 Likes

As I see the world get more and more evil every day, it is easy to get sad and depressed that Jesus hasn’t returned yet.

Other times I think of all the people who are unsaved: family members, friends, neighbors, strangers. I think of this world and how horrific things will be once the antichrist is revealed. It makes me shudder. My heart breaks for them. I wouldn’t wish the Tribulation period on my worst enemy.

I think that Jesus hasn’t returned for us yet because there are still some elect who still need to be saved:

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
-2 Peter 3:9.

As much as it hurts to still be here, our pain for the lost sheep not yet found should be greater. It is time to join the search and rescue mission, remembering the Holy-Spirit filled people who went on a search and rescue mission for us. We are still here because the full number of our brothers and sisters hasn’t come to completion. Now is the time to be sharing the gospel with literally everyone.

During WWII, people were praying for the rapture. I’m glad that God did not answer their prayers! That delay allowed people like my grandparents and later generations like mine and my kids to be saved. God loved those people who were praying during WWII, but He loves us too. Our Lord is gracious and does not want anyone to perish.

What other people do, what they decide medically for their bodies, which media stories are true and which are false, we will drive ourselves crazy if we make that our main focus. Right now, our focus needs to be on doing the will of our Father: reaching the lost as much as possible during this short time.

4 Likes