Domestic Abuse and nowhere to go, I just want prayer for strength

I pray you have the strength to get through this. I would like all of us on here to pray that the Holy Spirit get a hold of this abusive man and that God do whatever necessary to change him into what God wants him to be.

6 Likes

Hello Fireflies, I prayed for you and thought I should tell you. You see, I once was in a situation where “I thought” I had nowhere to go also. I at that time prayed in faith, the faith that God gave me. I asked that He would put the right people in my path. He did in less than 12 hours and I was on my way to recovery. I expected Him to do something because He promises to answer us if we call on Him.
This is what I prayed for you; That God would make your path straight and put all the right people on it for you. Let me also encourage you to dig into God’s Word daily (maybe you already are, I am not making any presumptions here), read the Word out loud and your faith will grow like never before.

3 Likes

Hello.
May I share a recent domestic abuse testimony?
I am a nurse and my favorite nurse aide is a Christian young lady. We worked together 19 yrs and the last 5 yrs she feared her spouse would kill her.
As she prayed, God began to open doors and finally, we were able to assist her in escaping to another state.
At the same time and in another state, an elderly lady lost her husband in death. My little friend not only escaped her abusive husband but became a sweet friend to this elderly lady who suddenly became alone in this world. God worked it out that this lady had a daughter who attended church with that friend who needed to escape her spouse: God placed these 2 together and they are helping each other heal.
The same God who gave her a way out is in control of your situation too.
This is not the first time I’ve helped someone escape a violent situation and I know God is watching over you. Keep seeking Him. He will work it out for His Glory!

10 Likes

Powerful testimony. Our LORD surely works in mysterious ways

3 Likes

Fireflies, its been 19 days since you posted your request. Over 200 responses in comments and “hearts” in love. I hope you can see that you are not alone. Many have posted very practical advice. Let me join others in offering my locale of North Central Ohio. If you are close to me, let me know please. I will help in any way that I can. I, too, fall into the abused, persecuted ranks that held me for 22 years. It ended when he died… 21 years ago.

God loves you!

I have thought often since this forum was started that it would have been a boon to my spirit not to have faced what I did in secrecy, but have had a Godly family to turn to. I am glad that you turned to your family in Christ for help.

Blessings

6 Likes

@Fireflies I am praying for you Cynthia. How are you ?

2 Likes

Father in Jesus’ name this evilness of abuse flee from this person. Lord asking that you take charge of this situation . Give this person strength and guidance. Thank you Jesus .

3 Likes

Praying for you

2 Likes

Praying for you Cynthia. You are loved. You matter. You are a fellow sister in Jesus Christ. You are a child of God. We love you and are praying hard for you.

2 Likes

In the Name of Jesus, whose love never fails us.
Amen.

1 Like