February 12, 2023: 2 Peter 2:17-22 – Why Some Christians are so Naïve

The attached discussion is on the difference between ENTERING the Kingdom ( salvation) and INHERITING the kingdom ( discipleship)

Notice in verse 1 , he is referring to how they are now free from sin and warning to not become in bondage again with what they used to be.

It’s advocating to walk in the spirit and not the flesh as we are now free in Christ to live through his righteousness. But we have the choice.

These verses are misrepresented as referring to salvation.
Paul when explaining “ and such were some of you “ is advocating that the new man not live as the old man as even the lost live like that.

These are being used to reveal that the new creation in Christ should now practice discipleship since they are now born again.

They’re being used as examples to realize what state one was once in and should not remain in that state. Salvation is secure and not the issue here. It is about our roles and responsibilities related to our rewards of what will be given to us in the kingdom.

Say a person is newly married, he should act like he’s married…. Not going to singles events , not spending time with his wife , not looking who to date or of course have an affair.
HE SHOULD CHANGE HIS LIFESTYLE now that he is married. But he doesn’t have to. There’d be severe consequences if he didn’t. But he COULD LIVE like he’s single even though he’s married.
Acting like he’s still single doesn’t change the FACT that he’s still married.

We can live like we’re not saved but WE SHOULD live like we are.

3 Likes

Confusing Justification with Sanctification, yes? I was confused before…

1 Like

Eternal Security: How can you know w 100% certainty you are saved?

2 Likes

I was just wondering about this subject of inheritance vs salvation myself. Prodigal child.

2 Likes