February 26, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- The Only Way Any of This Makes Any Sense

That’s a common belief that you can separate yourself from the pagan ties and influence by “ just using it for exercise “.

Give me some time to find a Christian teaching in this very coining but wrong logic.

I’ve watched so many I can’t recall which one it was.

One thing that got me researching was in the daycare where worked as the preschool teacher , other teachers were playing kid yoga videos
( there’s a lot of programs btw :disappointed_relieved:)for the kids and actually teaching them themselves poses and such. The kids got to where they were asking daily to do yoga. If it is not possible to separate the occult ties , then it’s extremely upsetting to pull children into such practices.

4 Likes

That’s how I handle it too.
I ask God to guide me and reveal what he wants and then help me clue my husband in. He has actually listened and changed his mind on a few things. It’s solely reliance on the Lord to work both in myself and him ( sometimes using me to do so)

Amen on staying in the Bible!!! And remember the importance of context and exegesis NOT eisegesis!!!

4 Likes

Hi Casey. Thanks for your reply. Something has been on my heart for a couple of days now. Regardless of my views I can tend to be a bit overly paradigmatic in my approach. Nothing you mentioned suggests what I am posting here. I just feel bad in a way sometimes with how i might wish to convey things. Your response was thoughtful and loving and kind. I appreciate your zeal with how you are looking at things. I feel like i kind of jumped in while you are in the midst of how our dear Lord has your journey with Hiim to weigh in with my view. Which may not have been the best timing for that perhaps. Again, nothing in what you said is this about. Just kind of “checking” myself. I apologize if it might have been an interruption of sorts if so in any way. Your an awesome sister and I just felt to mention this in the event i have the habit of spilling myself all throughout the forum.

Hey, though, for transparency sake (although likely not a mystery…lol) I do try to look at stuff like Asbury from several different vantage points. Like @Dan mentioned there can be a tendency with some discernment mysteries maybe weighing in a bit much on the matter (a group i have quite of history with). As well, I have an affiliation toward looking more to the good things going on today than the bad. So on that note, to leave in this post perhaps something noteworthy or maybe not at all…but in a way perhaps can give perspective into my heart kind of how i might be looking at some things–or yet processing.

But like i was just thinking the other day about the decision to not have Rick Warren and Francis Chan join the scheduled February 23rd Day of Prayer at Asbury. And the thought occurred to me that I wonder if Asbury kind of came to that place themselves. That University is egalitarian, so i am not necessarily thinking they are going to come to ultra sensitive Christian considerations (although their schools are conservative in most every other respect). But being human i wonder if they were kind of impressed themselves in what took place during the so called revival for the past two weeks. Like maybe in their own matrix way of thinking might have not wanted celebs at the end of all of that after all. Kind of like maybe it was AstroTurf and planned and all. But in later consideration, maybe Asbury was appreciative of how things did go with their chapel situation. And maybe in wanting to respect whatever God might have done, decided to de-celeb it?

If that is something that occurred (only God knows I guess), the irony would then be that what man meant for NAR turned out to His simplicity to upstage their glory. lol. Probably sounds absurd. But yeah…so that is kind of my transparent heart in some respects in varying ways i try to look upon things like this. In any event, I really appreciate your heart and convictions even where we might differ. I see your heart before Him as very precious. Blessing.s

4 Likes

This is the best article I have seen about the problems with and dangers of yoga.

This is an excellent video about the dangers of occultic practices, including yoga and the enneagram.

6 Likes

Hello! :smiley: Thank you for your insight.
Yes of course we should offer grace and pray for them but not to the exclusion of exposing unbiblical ideologies and any ecumenical agenda involved.

Again , I understand WE ARE ALL SINNERS. That is not the issue, the issue is how what has influenced ( past ) or is influencing ( present) them
affects doctrine and truth. It’s like a domino scenario… one domino effects the next domino and so forth. Well , people are influenced by others who then influence another and so on. The influences can be good , bad, or both.
What is concerning me, is that some of the past wrong influences are carrying over into the present and it’s not being corrected.

Just because the Jesus movement was made up of many “ long haired hippies” doesn’t mean God didn’t reach some there. Our appearance is a mute point in the purpose and role of salvation. It’s all about the heart. Anyone can be a whosoever :raised_hands::raised_hands:

And as many have said, God can reach people however and through whoever he wants. That’s not the issue either. In a previous post, I elaborated on my personal take on this now overused statement.

So I pray for those like Joel Osteen , Kenneth Copeland ,etc even Joe Biden ( and his crew) but that’s how I extend grace. To dismiss or gloss over error and red flags with people like these or anyone else is not extending grace.

2 Likes

Gr Gustafson,

I think that I understand what you are asking, and I must say that only the Lord truly know the heart of an individual.
The word of caution that I would have is, that Yoga originated in the dark world of the eastern religion of Hinduism where they have 300 million gods.

Just as I would not go to Heidi Baker and let her lay hands on me and let her impart something within me, and at the same time pray to the Lord that I want only the Holy Spirit.
I personally do not let just anybody lay hands on me and pray, caution in needed in this area I believe.

Let me put it this way, we all know that Satan can quote scripture better than most of us, but I would not sit at his feet to hear scripture being recited.
We all know how he was able to induce doubt into Eve, by simply adding to scripture.

Remember that the devil is an extremely intelligent being, and his best game is deception, he does not present himself to us with a pitchfork and horn.

Hosea 4:6 KJV
[6] My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

As the above scripture warn , we have to be extremely careful because we live in an extremely deceitful generation.

Hope that this make sense, or am I too cautious here.

5 Likes

The core issue of any yoga even for “ just exercise “ is that it is spiritual in nature.

If I’m doing poses that are of Hindu in origin, and such poses are based on their multiple gods, I would not want to pull the One True God into such an activity. There is still a bad spiritual influence and risk being taken to the dark side off the spiritual realm while Christianizing it.

https://www.christianministriesintl.org/warning-christianity-and-yoga-do-not-mix/

Again , agree to disagree but no matter what one calls it , by the true meaning and purpose of these poses is to yoke with other gods. Trying to clean it up and dissociate it from its pagan intent is still abhorrent to God.

The Bible is clear about pagan practices and there are many resources that warn of yoga when just partaking in the poses.

There are lots of exercises including stretching that have nothing to do with Hindu gods that can be done instead.

I’m sensing this is another topic that is going to create division so this is all I’m posting on it.

9 Likes

3 March 2023

wait for the other shoe to drop

1. To defer action or decision until another matter is finished or resolved.
  2. To await a seemingly inevitable event, especially one that is not desirable.

Why Discernment Is Important- Looking At The Ins & Outs Of…

Please watch in order ( short videos):

-----------------------

-----------------------

4 Likes

Oops, I posted the same article, not seeing you already had. :woman_facepalming:
It was very good.

3 Likes

Which is why, in my earlier post, I mentioned the New Testament, early church’s teaching on whether to eat meat offered to idols. It goes beyond a simple yes/no answer for everyone equally because it is a heart issue. The article says it all far better than I could.

I wholeheartedly agree! Moving on… :blush:

5 Likes

In these darkening times it can feel almost cliche or trite to cite Phil 4:8:

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Phillipians 4:8

Yet this echoes Christ our Lord:

28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Luke 21

38 Jesus answered him [Peter], “Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

John 13-14

In these dark times discernment is doubtless a vital focus, yet we should take care that the subject does not eclipse the light of the Gospel that Christ the Son of God died for the sins of all:

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

1 Cor 15

13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.

2 Timothy

21 Likes

I”m sorry Paula but the eating of meat offered to idols is comparing apples to oranges.

The Jews thought it wrong and the Gentiles didn’t
It was about a differing tradition and the recommendation was to not partake in something that was offensive to some in order to keep
Christian unity.
Partaking in something that is a stumbling block for another is what the issue was. Paul even said it wasn’t the meat , it was what the Jews believed about the meat.

Yoga is a whole other issue. The above scriptural example if applied to yoga would be like :

The point was not to offend another because of their perception of something. The idol meat as Paul explained could be eaten but those that didn’t understand that would be offended if they were with others who ate it. So it was advised to not eat it so their testimony and fellowship wasn’t affected.

If I have a friend that has a problem with overeating for example and I take them
to a buffet only meal knowing they have problems with portion control, I’m creating a stumbling block.
If a person has a friend that struggles with gambling or alcohol, they shouldn’t take them to places that have a bar or options to gamble. In other words, a person shouldn’t expose their friend with the problem to something they themselves don’t have a problem with.

The perception of idol meat which is an inanimate object that Paul knew had no evil power to it in and if itself is not the same as participating in yoga practice in which a person is actively performing poses that are specifically for uniting with various gods.
The cajole of idol meat was because of the Jewish conscience that it shouldn’t be eaten. So Paul was advising not to eat it for that reason not because it was actually sinful.

There is a spiritual power in yoga which wasn’t in the meat. It was about not offending someone who had a problem with the meat because it has been offered to idols. It wasn’t about eating it or not eating it because of any type of supernatural powers or defilement.

I understand why you pointed this out but it’s just not a valid comparison. Yoga is actually infected with a true supernatural presence and therefore is not merely a stumbling block.

In the context of avoiding things that is or could be a stumbling block to others in order to keep Christian unity and not offend another is not applicable to yoga.

A person’s opinion or conviction about whether yoga is or isn’t pagan doesn’t matter. Unlike the eating of idol meat where it was opinion that made it wrong to some and not others, yoga is an active worship to other gods and has a power behind it that the meat did not have.

12 Likes

I cannot imagine how ill a true believer must feel when they have attended that church and then discover what their leadership is up too or should I say down too. So awful. Right on par with doing a sayonce (hope i spelled it right) or a oigi board. Wow.

4 Likes

I found this video from 11 years ago. Wow worth watching even now. @anon74937514

3 Likes

That is troubling. No bueno.

@GR @pbandj @Goodbye

If I may…bridge the gap here. Hopefully.

Words matter.

We can stretch, we probably should stretch.

God made our bodies.

Our bodies move how GOD made them to move.

But yoga the WORD is what is pagan.

The practice.

Not stretching. Kids love to move so yes they love exercise!

Saying we can do “yoga” is like saying.

“I can do a little bit of Hinduism”

Just say “I like to stretch”

Completely ditch the word “yoga”.

Yoga hijacked stretching, especially when it came to be US in the 70s.

All those stretches (almost all, except the super weird ones) are already regular stretches with regular names.

Check out Christ Glorified Fitness, on YouTube.

You have to go to the video to play it, but the link works :blush:

Also I just relistened to it…so good!

8 Likes

I learned about Caryl through Warren B Smith.

Watched many of her videos. Definitely well educate from personal experience and put to use her knowledge to expose so much.

I think she died of breast cancer.

3 Likes

Spencer’s updated response to the Jesus Revolution

7 Likes

Thanks Casey, I’ll check it out but I didn’t mean to get drawn into the yoga topic to begin with. I was just responding to @GR 's question that hadn’t been answered. I was listening to the BPU in the car so maybe missed it, but I don’t recall JD adressing yoga. We’re supposed to stay on topic, so out of respect for the @moderators I’ve already moved on.

3 Likes

I want to say a big “THANK YOU” to all who have posted extremely valuable information on this forum regarding the danger of Christianizing YOGA.
The interview with Carly Matrisciana was very informative and I believe her take on yoga to be 100% correct…

I also read her obituary posted by The Berean Call and it was truly well written, she truly was a woman of great character.
She actually reminded me of a great woman that I had the privilege of being married to for 42 wonderful years.
Pauline left this world in December 2021 for a much better place, and while reading about Carly, her tenacity and pure genuine love for her saviour so much reminded me of my dear Pauline.

Anyways please forgive my reminiscing here for a few minutes, I just wanted to share about God goodness in giving me such a grand lady to share so many wonderful years with. Thank you Lord!

I also wanted to mention the Spencer Smith podcast regarding the Jesus Revolution movie.
Our dear friend Spencer is 100% correct in his attempt to show how we are being manipulated to soften our stance on Homosexuality, and Doctrine.

I highly recommend that you listen to both Carly and Spencer video that are posted on this Forum, both are highly informative.

Have a great Saturday, my brothers & sisters in Christ.

10 Likes

Thanks Stephanie. I appreciate you taking the time to read that. Being that it is fairly counterintuitive to a general drive in our forum, it means a lot that you took the time to read it. It’s not something that will go over too well here in our forum. That is awesome that you care to. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER – Please consider this reply Steph a general thesis. These are my thoughts upon the matter in a general sense and context. None of this is aimed at you. It is aimed rather at the issue under discussion and is meant in this way. If there are ways in contrast you feel are helpful to relay, they will be warmly received and appreciated in the context and of the heart in which you would make them. Please note the following is meant as generalities. And not specific addresses to how you have caringly and humbly in heart felt honesty brought things up out of your own heart as to how to consider.

Yes I believe it can be a foreshadowing and also used as focus of the real yet to come. I believe this can be helpful. And although I am not a fan of Pastor JD using 911 as an evangelical deception example (although in principle i am a truther). I don’t disagree with pointing to deception and as means to point to Christ. I’m actually rather very much on board with that sort of thing. Amen.

But is barrowing it as a foreshadow what is happening? That is not the sense i get. I guess one distinguisher would be equal weights and balances test perhaps. Are we able to see as much in the age of grace that points to Christ as we do with what we barrow from the tribulation? Perhaps in our sharing of the word or taking time with family and lost friends might answer yes in a way. If so amen. But in terms of public prophecy discourse the sense I get is that there are not equal weights and balances toward the age of grace presence of God to point to Christ prophetically. Maybe that might even sound like an impossibility. I would understand if it might. But one very simple test would be a) we are in the age of grace experiencing it. b) we are not in the tribulation yet. This is clear. So if we are not sharing as much about how God is working in our age of grace equally to what we barrow from the future…well…that is kind of a self evident thing i would reckon. That perhaps a yellow or orange flag might not be unreasonable on why that condition might exist.

I realize we are focusing on deception largely not so much as to borrow from the tribulation, but because there is so much of it going on today. I do get that. So i’m not saying any focus on deception is barrowing from the tribulation. I realize there are differences. But I would follow that up with: do we have a trend and pattern to blend current day deception in with trend and patterns to blend or merge them toward barrowed notions from the tribulation? And i think the answer to that is yes. So in a way that kind of tends to land us in the same place as though it were not about focusing on the deceptions of today, even though we are or trying to honestly. Amen.

I guess a question could be “Do we purposely look for God’s activity in His age of grace?” Or is that something that can mostly be summed up in “He is letting the NWO have their day, so the way we see God move today is through the NWO.” Which i hope that sounds frightening when put that way. I don’t think that is the best way to see God move today. He is transcendent. So I try to start there. And get a sense of what that might look like (although in part lol that is an exercise in futility because we can never transcend ourselves to catch up to Him…but we can grow in knowing Him better today in this way I believe).

The dangers I believe in over borrowing from the tribulation, is backward masking over the age of grace a veneer, not of deception, but our ideas about how God will be tomorrow. While it is still yet today and not tomorrow. A warming of an age to come in context to show even now is commendable. But to the degree it might plagiarize our God in His future could tend on places to compete what He is to us and our world today. And in that sense, the church may stray into areas of an inverse scenario of kind of what Israel did in the 1st century. Miss not what God will do, but what He was doing. At least in ways is kind of my concern. God when His patience is exhausted is the same God as today, but not the same context His nor we are in. Romans 2:4 – “Or despisest thou the riches of His goodness and forbearance and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” Or should we be saying “It is by the knowledge and insight of deception that we are led to repentance?” I just use this contrast to hopefully demonstrate a concern. During the tribulation, Romans will still be in the bible. And how people are to interpret that while in the midst of His having exhausted His patience is a quagmire for an age to come. Not our age today. And the context God is in today with us is Romans 2:4. The richness of His kindness and longsuffering is the Spirit of Revelation (as revealed in His word in Romans).

Well I hope this makes some sense in context. I appreciate dearly your taking the time to read and consider. You are a great blessing sister to so many…including of course, me. :slight_smile:

1 Like