February 26, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- The Only Way Any of This Makes Any Sense

Thank you Shirley.

The trajectory of this topic of the Jesus Revolution is why I have distanced myself from this forum.

The issue I see that is a glaring red flag in The Chosen, in the Asbury Revival and in the Jesus Revolution is that they ALL are in some firm or another whether intentional or not swaying into the unbiblical ecumenism we are not to become a part of.

There is a mindset when a fellow Christian points out any concerns with these shows, people and their messages that they are nit picking, passing judgment on fellow sinners.
Yes!!! We know Greg Laurie, Lonnie Frisbee, Jonathan Ruhmie etc etc etc are sinners JUST LIKE US.

To dismiss the behind the scenes issues just because “ we’re all sinners” is a very dangerous attitude to have when trying to use proper discernment.

To beat the dead horse I keep beating ( poor thing is now down to bare bones it’s so far dead) , ASSOCIATIONS MATTER.

The associations are not just a “ I have an acquaintance that’s a Catholic, or a Mormon etc”. These associations are about Christians involving themselves with Catholics, Mormons, NAR,WOF and such to the point that now the Christian has been and continues to be influenced by these wayward groups resulting in this unbiblical unity and dismissive attitude we’re currently seeing.

If associations don’t matter and are a non issue but are just a matter of judgmental bantering then apologizing is in order to an enormous amount of people such as the pope, Jesse Duplantis, Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Andy Stanley etc. because they’re sinners too and God knows if they’re saved , right??? Soooo, then
how does one then, come to determine what is or isn’t biblically acceptable and who and who isn’t doctrinally sound??? By filtering through Scripture what they say, what they do , and WHO THEY HANG WITH AND ARE INFLUENCED BY:

If a very thirty Christian needs a glass of water but a dropper of pounding was put into that glass along with the water , that thirsty Christian can’t merely just drink the water and leave the poison behind. It’s mixed in.
The continuing influences ( poison) affecting the church / well meaning Christians ( water) ends up creating a toxic mix that is difficult if not impossible to separate ( drink only the water and not the poison ).

When a well liked pastor or teacher is mentioned regard concerning things, sadly some Christians get all up in arms. What has to be remembered is these well liked people are fallible and they are not immune to deception themselves.

Before, someone says… that’s true of every pastor and teacher …. Yes of course.

But where does one draw the line with them.

Back to the poison example:
Not everything one espouses should be considered poison ( heresy, false teaching etc).
But there are certain things that should be placed into the poison category.

Let’s say there’s a category of water ( what’s ok) and a category of poison ( what’s not ok). This is where we get into the divisiveness because people’s convictions may not put the same issue under the same category. Some may be on the midline of being a water and a poison. This is the worst because it’s such a mix of truth and error.

For example, most of us would probably put Kat Kerr and Kenneth Copeland in the poison category as it’s pretty obvious much of their doctrines are unbiblical. In other words most won’t “drink” it.
Most would put say JD and someone like Andy Woods in the water category despite not maybe agreeing on everything. ( the disagreements are not regarding a heretical teaching but more of a differing of opinion on some things. ) In other words, it’s “drinkable “.

Then you have the midline where it’s between a water and a poison. This is where I personally put things like The Jesus Revolution, the Asbury revival, Greg Laurie, Charlie Kirk and such ( just giving a few examples and not going to list a bunch).
These are such that have some things biblical ( water ) and some things poison ( not biblical and not just a differing opinion ), in what I’d consider the trickiest category. My concern is not the salvation status if these people because they say they are and that’s between God and them.
My concern is the influence and possible damage being done not just to Christianity but to sincere truth seeking people , whether saved or lost , who could lack discernment and be confused and misled down pathways that lead them into the very things we don’t want then to head towards : the doctrines such as of the NAR, WOF, 7 Mountains and the ecumenical undertones from The Asbury Revival, The Chosen.
And the worst end of the path iwhere a Christian, new or not ends up is coming to believe that anything having “ Christianese “, or a Christian vibe is therefore Christian and thus biblical.

This is why individual research and study is imperative when another person brings up concerns which is also necessary. We are told to be watchful for deception and to try the spirits etc.
Sadly, doing so is seen as a personal attack on the person and not their doctrine. And ironically, the Berean doing their research is then attacked for living out the following verse:

But if we do that and sense or find something off, are we to keep that to ourselves? Or are we share it with another who then must be
their own Berean ?

I’d hope we’d lovingly warn ( share) those things with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. What they do with what’s shared is their prerogative and what convictions they end up with is also their prerogative.

Hopefully my 2 cents thrown in here doesn’t offend anyone or cause their ears to smoke. If so, I’ll kindly put the reminder out to “ agree to disagree “ respectfully :wink:

22 Likes

@Stephmerm
Hi my friend.

Ive found the good thing about forums is that people share their opinions.
The frustrating thing about forums is that people share their opinions. :smiley:

Some of us have strong unpopular messages. I have morphed into being
a black or white person when it comes to scriptural truths.
I cant tolerate shades of gray which distort or misleads and I have an obsession
to point it out.

Unfortunately thats not always a road to popularity, but that is good cause
it keeps me humble (after I process my annoyance). :smiley:

Pastor JD said Sunday that it used to bother him when people disagreed with
him, dont exactly remember his answer, but now he doesnt. Im striving to
come to that point where I dont take reactions and words from others personally.
Being on this forum has domesticated me somewhat. I used to be a real ear-chopper
like Peter.

This forum is a wonderful place and opportunity to release the heavy burdens we
carry with the onslaught of deception happening. If we have done that to the best
of our ability with wisdom and state our concerns in a way that honors God
and sheds light on some of the enemies tactics, then that is the real lasting
satisfaction and reward. We must all earnestly contend for the Faith in whichever
way we are called.

We have a pastor-watchman and that is rare and such a needed blessing that
many dont have in these times.

You have a real gift of discernment, Steph. Im so happy to see you back posting
on the forum. It is a wonderful place for you to share your gift. Dont let anything
silence you.
We need all the voices to shout against the ever increasing darkness.
Dont worry about responses. Delivering your message is important. Its reception
is not.
I, also, unapologetically deeply agree that it matters whom people associate with.

Love you, sis.
:heart:

21 Likes

Perhaps this could be posted here too. David Wilkerson, run.

8 Likes

Yes! Please. Bless you.

I agree.

Right on.

@Blessed gonna catch up on prophecy updates then check that out.

Keep reading your word y’all that is the best thing we can do. Encouraging one another with THE truth.

As @Gigi said, there is only one truth…and sometimes that mindset might not make us popular, and that’s okay. Jesus did say that would happen.

If we are in the Word we will be ready when persecution comes. In whatever form it comes.

MARANATHA!

12 Likes

I just want to say No you didn’t make my ears smoke @anon74937514 The water, the poison and the in between is just how I see it you just say it so much better than I.
I haven’t watched the Jesus Revolution or seen the trailer so I can’t comment. I may watch the trailer but I find myself wondering why with the Asbury “Revival”, the new left behind movie and now this Jesus Revolution all coming out at pretty much the same time.
Just makes me :thinking: The He gets us thing puts in in mind of something similar that went around in the late 80’s or 90’s just can’t put my finger on it. Maybe it’s the What Would Jesus Do (WWJD) but I don’t think that’s it. Seems to me I heard the same slogan He gets us before this year.

I started to watch the Chosen just before the third season came on so I figured to watch from beginning and catch up so to say. I watched several shows and threw my hands up and said to myself That’s not my Jesus, I don’t know where they got this one but theirs is not the Jesus I know and stopped watching. I know brothers and sisters in Christ who watch it and like it, which is why I figured I’d take a look at it. I don’t understand what they see in it. It wasn’t just how they portrayed Jesus it was also the disciples I know from the bible there was conflict between them at times but the way they made poor Matthew out to be well let me just say I would have said he’s gay or wimpy.

Some of the people you name in the poison and middle ground I have watched and stopped watching long before I even found pastor JD. Most just want your money for “planting seed”. Granted some are not easy to spot they are very good at deception.
Love verse 2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
Amen
To answer your question please do share your 2 cents as a fellow sister in Christ I’m glad your watching and pointing out these concerns.

12 Likes

Great to see you dear sister. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and concerns. If you have not seen, you might be interested in the video below. It was the most comprehensive in general I recall seeing and the first to bring to attention how Asbury University is egalitarian.

(7) Asbury “Revival” Examined, Rick Warren’s Church Ousted From SBC - YouTube

Although my views are divergent from the typical flow of this forum, I consider this forum a dear place of where we have been through a lot together and where able share concerns as well as get a sense of where our dear family is at. It is nice to know you may in the future respond to @ mentions of your name…so yeah…i might be calling on you from time to time dear sister knowing this. I know this forum misses you a lot as do I.

In addition, you might find it interesting to check out a Thursday night video Pastor JD did as an interview. I understand your views and concerns will likely align with our forums focus of Matt 24:4 as relating to the ending of the age of grace and of the beginning of tribulation (whereas I would see its focus on the midpoint of the tribulation), but this interview brings out, I believe, some helpful considerations even within Pastor JD’s personal circle. He does involve himself with those outside his parameters of conviction which I find comforting in being a man of consideration. And I believe brings a bit of additional context to our cultural moment.

JD Farag Recent Interview

In any event, great to see and hear from you. And hope you do visit from time to time.

I would note for clarity’s sake (and in no sense intending to offset anyway in which the Lord works in your heart and doth bringeth you here to our forum of course) some general overall observational differences of mine (although I am in much agreement with the concerns of many here, as well as yours, in the dangers for the body of Christ at large).

Amen. I would agree with you here. I read one article, I think from our dear sister Gigi, that stated that “revival” is not even a biblical term (or perhaps concept), and I would tend to agree with this. I believe what occurred during the 1st and 2nd Great Awakenings in our country had to do with a number of factors but overall did seem to be something that helped people focus in biblical spiritual directions. So in that sense I would see anything that comes along and does that is good for any nation. But I would just see that as a stirring people up in that way. Both of those were planned but also genuine movements in various people’s hearts. Having said that though i do see associated NAR dangers with Asbury of course.

So yeah, I don’t see anything about a revival in the age of grace. We do see that in the tribulation but under massive duress. However, many might also view the tribulation as a time not many are saved. I believe the book of Revelation shows otherwise…but yeah i guess if it could happen in great tribulation it could happen in the age of grace. But if so we are not told, it is so very good to be skeptical.

Having said that where we might differ in the trajectory of potential events is our concern with a great awakening or mountain mandate. I get the concern. And it is a great teaching tool what won’t bring on the return of Christ. If anything, it will bring on the tribulation…lol. So if those NAR types are excited about that i guess yeah have at it. But the trajectory of my view is that even if NAR ascends to their mandates, in no way will this be a stage for Christ to have His cue to come back. I do believe in the possibility that that sort of thing could be a ground swell of the 1st seal the church may likely witness.

But I believe Gigi humbly mentioned how she might be seen as too passionate of having over concern. And even though we may differ on how things unfold, I believe her concerns (as well as yours) are far more tethered to pastor JD’s ministry than mine. Which is fine, being that i could be gravely mistaken. But if not, I could see a potential where NAR mandates could take place (or at least they would claim it was them perhaps) and it actually be a forming of the 1st seal. In that view, well, is the 1st seal of God? Possibly a hard and nuanced idea to approach. Either way though, i believe as our focus is on the true gospel, winning souls, and not getting caught in the snare of agenda 23 or agenda 24 or any body else’s agenda (including allowing a great wakening language inform the church on how to view things–as God would transcend even as He has with Asbury), the church can be very instrumental in our last days, amen…well at least that is how I would think upon it.

One interesting thing to perhaps note on what I had previously coined as “irregular hermeneutics” might (and i do stress “might”) be an interesting observation of my above text (hopefully with some sentiment of an interesting weird-science zinger to make the read worth this pop-up book style “fantastic” voyage is: What if we are alive at a time of mirror? We know that the 144k accepting the missionary mission in the second half of the tribulation brings many to Christ. But it is not until scattered Israel (from AC pursuit during the tribulation) will Christ return:

Mattt 23:39 For I tell you that you will not see Me again until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

But like what if it might be helpful for our age to consider perhaps that we might be witness to man’s best attempt of mirroring Matt 23, as if? Like what if NAR succeeds in mountain mandates to fake (since they think it will call Christ back as well) what only Israel could qualify for at her time when the Sign of the Son of Man cometh? And perhaps in that bookended sense, a signal to our age of not the return of Christ but the blessed hope and the tribulation (which is the militant parade of 7 years destruction leading to His return)? In other words, can such a fake posture of NAR be an emblematic echo of the latter real cry from Israel that does actually bring Christ back? In that sense, there might be some perhaps sense in which looking for the hand of God transcending the evils of NAR be of hopeful and helpful watch focus as well perhaps. Well, yeah, just a theory but it kind of can make sense on perhaps as many levels as deception also seems to be also layering. Just a thought.

I agree that our forum would serve a greater end time help to the body of Christ having been left as was. As perhaps as counterintuitive that JD Farag interview might be, one thing it does display is his willingness to consider sides that don’t necessarily agree 100% with his. Which for the moment (in light of a disheartening forum downsizing), at least provides a living room deeper view into a pastors heart. Blessings.

4 Likes

Pastor spoke of this new but old New Age religion. I did a little research today and to me it appears there is no coincidence this movie coming out during the same time the Asbury revival plus the Age of Aquarius entering on March 3, 2023.
This Gen Z reminds me of my generation coming to age in the late 60’s and 70’s where they thought they were about to witness a new age of peace joy and love, it didn’t happen. Perhaps satan thinks now is the right time, 54 years later.

9 Likes

Thanks Dallas i was wanting to get this exact thing

4 Likes

I appreciate the update. And I agree with Pastor JD to steer toward scripture. But would also like to offer a gentle reminder in the scope of our views on that. I came out of the discernment ministries which champion themselves as the paragon of right biblical view while espousing Calvinism and Lordship Salvation at unprecedented levels. These are the sound and sober voices for much of Christendom in the US. And they would agree with the sentiment of “bible only,” verses opinion. But what they see in the bible can be very different than what is exegetically accurate. And these are our countries biblical discernment thought leaders.

In such a climate, I have always thought it valuable to of course have our convictions, not strawman the opposition, and responsibly inform the body of the breadth of biblical depth upon considerable interpretation. I am a proponent of, where possible, offering the body considerable ranges of scriptural intent of biblical meaning within reasonable orthodoxy. I don’t believe I have seen any church actually practice this. And i guess to a degree it is always up to our individual walks to do our own homework.

And although i am very thrilled that Pastor JD does consider other views and even engage publicly with them (as per his recent video interview…amen) I would interject, lovingly meant, that Matt 24:4 seems to have most import toward false Christ’s and false Christian movements, amen. More so than perhaps a mere blanket of “all things deception” as we seem to expand it into today. And although this may appear to be ultra biblical, exegesis hath no organic fear of being exposed. As i would see as good and sound tradition to also consider this verse may well be limited in its scope toward false Christian influence (or false true Christ influence–such as Israel will face in the second half of the tribulation). And in as much as we may not consider these potential weighting roots upon verse meaning and nuance, it could dangerously enter the sphere of also mere opinion. Especially in building upon it an entire paradigm shift of age of grace to tribulation age intent. In scholarship, this is no small difference. It would just be good too, to consider that some of our conviction take aways (not entertaining the weight of potential nuance upon a verse) can have the adverse affect. It is the lack of consideration in honor of exegetical scriptural intent that would unfortunately have me downplay NAR concerns…the exact opposite effect desired in updates. I would be much more onboard with NAR concern if we too had as much concern with Matt 24:4 as well as Matt 24:24 (something clearly mentioned in context of the middle of the tribulation). Yet in our day and age seems to have been bumped up to actually be not just the beginning of the tribulation but now placed within the context of God’s very own age of grace. In all honesty, there is a spirit in me that wishes to share a deeper NAR concern with you’all. And although Pastor JD’s shared concern for other voices goes a very long way for a trust factor toward him, amen, It is precisely my black and white hands down severe concern for scriptural accuracy, and the treatment and consideration thereof, that would hold me back from joining so headlong into anti-NAR bandwagon. Although y’all, my spirit is actually willing. But the word seems to hem me in to recognize it is not subject to becoming an artifact of temporary interpretations.

The concern I would have is a simple one. We see all around us a pop-cultural of sorts in Christianity. And we see problems on all sides of that. Regardless on my view of 1st seal accuracy, or my exegetical views in general, I just would hope that it might make sense that if we see the church all around us playing foot-loose-and-fancy-free with the word, that we would want to be less about that. I realize at first glance (and with some measurable cultural affirmation among general pastors in varying denominations) that Matt 24:4 and Matt 24:24 are great marketing concepts for our day. But i can’t get past the serious and sober concerns that confine biblical exegesis from temptations in how it plays upon our walking by sight, which mitigates against sound biblical practice while perhaps just running with what might have entered into Christan pulp culture and believing it is not mere opinion.

Just for the record, in hopes discussions in the future might holistically weigh upon such important matters to our Lord and Savior, but the church as a runaway train with NAR jockeying for the driver seat to me is too close to making opportunity for eisegesis–and that perhaps it feels so right to just do so. Exegesis is not a feeling, nor is it rightly divided by sight. If we are not able to consider how we might be allowing our emotions to be influenced by how we look at the word (while at the same time perhaps not even knowing the range of nuance of such serious concern upon exegetical orthodoxy with Matt 24 verses) it makes it even more problematic especially in light of what we see are the issues with the age in general around us. Now there’s a black and white unpopular hard stance that won’t go anywhere…lol. But just the same…I’m willing. And watching, and hoping too to join you’all more so no the bandwagon. Blessings.

In reference to Pastor JD’s mention of the Asbury event and its questionable legitimacy as a true revival or a staged show, I leave you with this in support of Pator JD.

24 Likes

Yeah, I think we might be related in this respect :joy:

Oh contending for the faith sums up my purpose in all I do. And in my case as well, I have been humbled and rightly so.

I believe we can know as Christians what our gifts are. Being the type of skeptical person I am who also thinks too much and wants answers , I’ve come to understand that God has allowed me a discerning spirit. That’s not to say I always get it right.

Thank you Shirley. Love you sister :heart:

11 Likes

Will go back to read our continued discussion, but I’m watching JD now.

Paused him to say I’m glad he revealed what IHOP was! Lol I kept seeing that referenced with NAR and kept meaning to find out.

I think JD is awesome! He is confirming a great many things I think God has been showing me through scripture and well… scripture! That’s all you need. Well prayer and fasting too …fasting has not been coming so much lately lol…food.

In all seriousness though fasting is good, and sometimes the Holy Spirit lays that on me, and I know because it’s so easy when that happens, God is good.

Okay back to JD.

9 Likes

Confirmations abounded in this update.

When it’s all said and done…I think:

Acts 5:39.

I believe that Asbury is at best a distraction, and at worst a deception.

And again, I agree…God can use anything to work, reach, anyone, but I am seeing so many red flags on this.

Deception and false Christs everywhere. I think that’s what Jesus Revolution and the Chosen is all about too.

They are coming in Christ’s name, but they are preaching a false Christ.

I agree with @Loretta66 , my pastor’s wife recommended the chosen (I had already tried to watch it and didn’t like it) and after trying again … that’s not our Jesus!

As JD was speaking in the update… I’m reminded how many of these pitfalls I see coming on my church.

My friend at church was saying how the live stream was making her cry…and it’s definitely emotionalism. Lots of it.

And I said to the youth pastor…we don’t need to go to Asbury to be with God. I was weirded out how people flocked there just to sing…no.

And it didn’t really say it was a repentance for sins.

Rather as the smoke settles I see it pretty much was a place to affirm sexual immorality, and no mention of repenting for abortion.

It was all happy happy happy let’s worship.

Don’t get me wrong I, worship is not bad, but…what were they worshipping?

Sounds like…not Jesus.

Sure some were probably sincere but let’s look at the big picture, it’s a distraction, and a false movement.

I could be wrong, but it’s looking more and more like this is a very deeply evil event.

Deception upon deceptions… lies to deceive and divide.

Pray for our leadership to see through this.

And I reiterate, I’m sure some good was happening at Asbury, and many were sincere, saved even.

However, the big picture, was that it was a planned event that is being used to usher in wolves and lots of false doctrine.

16 Likes

Just a thought and a question: This contemplative prayer stuff: isn’t that what we see happening in many of these Christian music concerts? I have not been to one, but what I have observed on video clips from some, they often have dark lights , ambient music, “mist” and calls to " experience Jesus ".

7 Likes

Hi Teren!

I can understand your points.
If the NAR is inadvertently used to bring Christ back , I can’t see it being because they set the world up for it by getting dominion over their 7 mountain goals, but because they could contribute to advancing the end time signs we are warned will amp up prior to the rapture and coming 7 year Tribulation. So should God use the NAR to usher in his return, it’s because they are part of the deception and not because they created a utopia type environment that he can be like “ thanks guys, now I can finally return because you all cleaned up this messed up world’.

I have added JD’s interview to my list of videos to watch tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

The reason I see it as I do is because of 2 Timothy chapter 3.

8 Likes

I’ll check that chapter out Steph. Thanks. Ok well just to clarify, in my parlance if NAR were some form of mirror return of Christ thingy to bring on the tribulation, it would be for irony’s sake. Like the epitome of the church replacing itself as Israel thinking to bring on His kingdom actually be the false mirror of the real. And instead of bringing on Christ’s kingdom they bring on judgement for 7 years. Just a theory but it does rather nicely dovetail with the epitome of the church seeing herself too pronounced in our era. And we hear “such a time as this” used quite a bit (I believe there is actually quite a few parallels of Esther and our day). So kind of like in mirror fashion barrowing the stellar irony from Esther possibly as a means of tipping off believers in our age to the notion. Like prophetically helping the church realize what time it is through the irony of the false church proclamation. If my view on 1st seal has any credibility, it might be (in theory) that NAR perhaps has some part in what is often referred to as a false peace. My abnormal take on that though is it would likely be real peace marking both the season of rapture as well as a heads up to Israel “peace” (mirror moment of their 1,000 year reign to come). And a chance for the world to see one last glimpse of God’s great and patient character before the nightmare of nightmare’s begins. God not being affected by NAR at all but rather possibly using them like Haman. But if that has any merit (only God knows), it would mean that the first seal could include such one’s as them–and yet the first seal is actually from God. In an age of where drawing lines are increasingly seemingly difficult and categories seem to merge and blend, how ironic the first seal to possibly be from God, of God, but so far from being about Him possibly while simultaneously demonstrating His great character (and a 1,000 year reign teaser to boot). The possibility of such nuanced blend sounds pretty hot actually…lol. But yeah…we’ll see. Mega blessings dear sister.

2 Likes

28 Feb 2023

---------------------------

This discussion I leave it to Christians to judge. Ps Kaddis defined revival and spiritual awakening in his own understanding.

Pastor Andy Woods gave his take on Asbury in first question:

7 Likes

The popularity of these movies and shows makes me think of what Jesus said in John 7:7:

“The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.”

Based on this, I have to believe that any Jesus the world loves is not the Jesus of the Bible.

When I first heard of this “revival” I had immediate suspicions about it being planned because in late January I just happened to come across this video. (This is Dutch Sheets, false prophet and NAR leader.)

Things that make you go “hmm.”

8 Likes

I came across an article from Now The End Begins, as I was scrolling through my Twitter newsfeed, last evening. I found it to be worth considering, as these connections and associations continue to be made.

Screenshots without link to podcast information (as I have not yet listened to that.)

9 Likes

Great point!

10 Likes