February 5, 2023: 2 Peter 2:14 -- The Casualty of Spiritual Immaturity

:bible2: 2 Peter 2:14 – The Casualty of Spiritual Immaturity

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about the casualty of spiritual immaturity, which sadly, leads to the vulnerability of many a Christian to false teachers and false teachings.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube
YOUTUBE LINK

:mag_right: More 2 Peter Study Videos

11 Likes
9 Likes

Excellent sermon on the wolves who put on sheep’s clothing to enter and target the weak in the Body of Christ.
The apostate church is now all around us with deceiving doctrines of demons as their mainstay.
Time to wake up and come out of them if you are involved, it is never too late.

17 Likes

Great teaching, I knew Isa 54:17 sounded familiar.& as soon as he read it , it came to me. I really truly beleive God in his mercy has stopped that Biological Jab weapon from destroying a lot of innocent people who didnt realize that it was designed to harm them.

12 Likes

A new wolf just showed up.

12 Likes
7 Likes

Solid sermon on warning against NAR…

4 Likes
6 Likes

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8

9 Likes

Per the 7 Problems with the “He Gets Us” Campaign

By Natasha Crain / October 27, 2022,

Hundreds of churches have signed up to respond to people who fill out that connect form. Clearly, an important question is where those people are directed. However, there is no theological criteria or statement of faith that churches must adhere to in order to take part. The president of the marketing agency says, “We hope that all churches that are aligned with the He Gets Us campaign will participate.

Per the “He Gets Us” movement,

Be assured, though, that we’re not “left” or “right” or a political organization of any kind. We’re also not affiliated with any particular church or denomination. We simply want everyone to understand the authentic Jesus as he’s depicted in the Bible — the Jesus of radical forgiveness, compassion, and love.

So, it appears the “He Gets Us” movement started out on the right foot and well intentioned and then for whatever reason they dropped the ball. There is no accountability for the churches that have signed up to participate, cults could sign up. There is no accountability for the doctrine of the churches that sign up.

Simply put this allows the wolves to rush in and prey on the innocent who are seeking the truth as soon as they contact a participating church. They will tickle their ears right into an apostate church.

The “He Gets Us” movement becomes the very thing they are trying to target and stop; helping rescue Jesus’s reputation from the “damage” done by His followers.

10 Likes

@Jenn1
Welcome to Pastor JD’s forum and to our fellowship. Many of us Online Refugees call this forum our church home. We hope you come to love this fellowship as much as we do. Lots to do and see here watching the sermons, have fun and God Bless you.
Wolves have been around since the early church.
From your comment I would assume that you know how to spot one?
Soon we will be rid of them as most of them will be left behind. Until then speak the truth in love if you see them manipulating others, it should send them running.
Again welcome to the forum.
God bless,
Ken

10 Likes

Seriously, $100 million dollars?

A $100 million ad campaign wants to fix Jesus’ image. His followers remain a problem.

A major ad campaign for Jesus will expand in the months leading up to the Super Bowl. The He Gets Us campaign hopes to rescue the message of Jesus from the misdeeds of Christians.

After checking their main website, that is a different Jesus promoted, not Jesus of the Bible.

Also does Jesus Christ need us to defend Him? Whose hands are bigger? Jesus or us?

On side note, Natasha interviewed the same author on NAR here:

Pastor JD warned us about NAR in this sermon.

7 Likes

Shalom JD, Kellie, and family!
Your mention of burning chickens is exactly what happened here in The Netherlands last year,2022, bird flu has already killed 5,650,000 victims on commercial poultry farms in the Netherlands; which did not include the preventive clearances of 14 companies. ( the so-called bird flu :rage:) I did not believe a word of it, and one of the results is the high price of chicken since then, and the PUSHING of vegan meals! and the advice on how we would help the world by eating crickets, and other creeping insects. We are indeed experiencing such a rapid change in our world, BUT GOD… He sits on His throne and laughs!!

10 Likes

The current NAR movement within the church is one of the main reason that the church has gone APOSTATE in this generation.
The Apostle in the 1st century were called and selected by Jesus himself to establish an everlasting foundation for his everlasting kingdom which is not of this world.

Why do we need a new foundation for an everlasting kingdom
of which Jesus is the chief cornerstone.
The current crop of “so called” apostles within the NAR movements are ALL wolves.
If they were real follower of Jesus Christ and filled by the Holy Spirit they would know that the church does not need a new foundation laid, the 1st century foundation will do just fine.
May I suggest that these wolves are to be resisted and exposed for what they are, they are ambassador of Satan sent to chip away at the sure foundation laid out by our Saviour and the 1st century Apostle.

A new foundation is only required if a new building is being erected, the church has no need for a new foundation, for the one laid out in the 1st century will do just fine, and may I add the the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.

The cornerstone is that “Jesus is the Christ”

Matthew 16:16-18 KJV
[16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Dear Heavenly Father please open the eyes of your people who seek after you, but are sometime naive in thinking that whosoever mention Jesus or dazzle your followers with sign and wonders are true shepherd worth following.
Fill your people with discerning spirit and great wisdom so that they may be able to stand in these evil days which we are living in.
In the name of our Lord Jesus we ask.

14 Likes

Morning Dennis @dlcv,

I’m thinking this campaign might end up causing problems for those who know (and have been saved by) the REAL Jesus. Seems the false one is more concerned about identifying with people than people identifying with him (little h cuz he’s fake).

The thing about this campaign and all the cults who masquerade as Believers in the One True God— these folks are gonna be waiting with open arms to ‘comfort’ and assimilate those left behind after Jesus calls His bride home. Total control of the economy, food, ‘medicine,’ and movement is being meticulously prepared to produce fearful, desperate people. And what will be done is terrible… but this deception, this is THE one that makes our enemy salivate.

I fear for those left behind, no Helper within them to guide their discernment, nothing but lies bombarding them from every side. A lot of people think that there is going to be a huge revival in the hearts of those left behind. I do not. There’s no Biblical indication; Scripture actually seems to say the exact opposite. They will be ignorant and weak in spirit, hungry and desperate physically. Easy prey for the wolves the Bible warns about. May God have mercy upon those foolish souls. And may His children be pushed to boldness in sharing the gospel of salvation!

10 Likes

Weeping. :sob::sob::sob: yet again. Longing for assurance that none we love will be left behind . . . I HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THAT HOPE! Singing this prayer for all of the lost and wandering ones; the deceived and distracted ones; the ones who have yet to believe; the ones who, like Thomas, need to see. . .

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing Brenda @SongSparrow,

I bow my heart and join your prayer. To God be all glory and praise! He alone is good and righteous and He WILL save His people, every single one.
Shalom.
gr

9 Likes

I have been disturbed about this advertisement since the first time I saw it. Shouldn’t it be, We (Believers) get Jesus? We must come to a saving knowledge and understanding of Christ, not the other way around. Yes God gets us but that does not make us His child. We are all born sinners . We all are in need of a Savior because we are spiritually dead and doomed and separated from God.
Also as we mature we are continually conforming to Christ and are becoming more & more like HIM.

10 Likes

Means more to me than you can imagine . THANK YOU for your prayers. “Where two or more are gathered . . . “ :pray:t3::two_hearts: God bless you, Georgia Ruth.

11 Likes

Thanks, Georgia Ruth. Awesome article. Helpful and thanks. The biggest concern I have here is the Catholic connection. Like a supersized Billy Graham marketing plan.

DISCLAIMER: The following are just my views in relation to this presented article. I am in great agreement with most concerns about this. My comments are a general response to the article. In what precious views you hold before our Lord dear sister that has you in concern, amen. Please take the following for observations of further consideration. I don’t have a lot of time to post these days so just wanted to get this one out because it is an important issue i believe. And some thoughts of mine might not be as refined as perhaps they ought. I ask forgiveness in advance. But i have made every effort to separate the signal from the noise, Lord willing, Blessings.

However, aside from my opening sentence (which is bad and unfortunate in our age that Catholicism is so easily aligned with Christianity), LifeChurch linkage does have and contains the gospel of the same Jesus as ours @dlcv. I realize though that we are looking at seeker friendly for sure. It could be noted though that if Gen Z and Gen Alpha is not being sought by the biblical church, what would we expect? Something to think about I believe. Really, how is the biblical church reaching Gen z? This is an honest question. I have not seen anything but if you guys know I’m all ears. The reformed church (which actually does have the gospel) does it…but with Calvinism in its wake. Also, Harvest Crusade goes after Gen Z but likely has some similar concerns in their net casting as He Gets Us. But is the biblical church as zealous toward Gen Z as we might in how we have a genuine concern with less table outreach means? So just wondering.

On its face, I believe this is reasonable marketing (yeah I know…its me :frowning: ) in that it is trying to reach Gen Z in mass. And the intro message it targets in my view does 2 things:

a) Speaks to Gen Z from their own worldview as they are indoctrinated. The article is concerned with a CRT approach (I discuss CRT issues at length with people and am fully against CRT except where it might have best equality in the 1,000-year reign under AND only under Christ). This is meeting Gen Z where they are at.

b) Delegates against the woke agenda. We see the problem of oppressor/oppressed but this is what Gen Z is fed in no small dose. What the ads do do is they demonstrate a transcendent love beyond the oppressed oppressor model (which this article does not look at nor does it look at LifeChurch full gospel invite–including clear mention of sin and Christ’s deity).

I realize my take will be the odd one out. But I don’t believe it is off our radars just yet. Pastor JD has affirmed the apostate nature of the church today. We agree. However, I also believe it infects even the orthodox and that can be a bit too close to home to wrestle with. If we are leaving soon lets say by 2024 or 2025, would it not make sense you guys that God would permit mass all out marketing to reach large vast people to give them a shot at getting into at least considering Christ? They don’t have to be well-rounded believers with aged theology proper to rapture…they just have to have the ABC’s. Which they can get from this approach Just not at the door is all.

I get a little confused in thinking should our last moments here be super focused on deception in the church? Pastor JD himself said that most within the church (those who truly believe) will be saved anyway. He said that on this video. The greater need I believe is a vast need to get as many as we can off this rock under judgement and soon super heavy judgement–they just need salvation to rapture.

. . . . .

We live in an interesting time. Way of the Master Ray Comfort (aligned with reformed ministry and has made some very bad judgement calls in who he marketed with) is going to London for May King Inauguration In respect of that he is mailing anyone 1,000 free tracts that ask. If USA he’ll throw in free books describing the inauguration and link it all to the gospel message. Can God use Lordship Salvation (in the sense that one would recognize their sin, ask Jesus to save, and help them overcome) to save? Can He use reformed to save? One man who now has a ministry was even brought “closer” at least “open to” the saving knowledge of Jesus through God’s use of non-saved Jordon Peterson. The man’s channel is Christian Atheist and he fought salvation rigorously and is genuinely saved.

With our close hour it might be a good time too to consider what some of these things might mean and imply along with the level of evil and deception in the world. We will lose rewards for not being discerning, amen. But I think it is good to keep in mind too:

Philippians One
15 Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even [o]from envy and strife, but some also [p]from goodwill; 16 the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; 17 the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition [q]rather than from pure motives, thinking that they are causing me distress in my [r]imprisonment. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in this I rejoice.

No matter how we slice the madness of our day, is it a surprise how Phil 1:18 wont also be included in a mad dash as the curtain closes? Or I just wonder why this is not on the radar. Would it not seem to be on one though? I’m asking genuinely because it does kind of stump me. Thanks for taking the time to read and consider. Blessings.

3 Likes