Feeling like a failure

Thank you so much for your reply and for praying for me. Being encouraged by other believers is such a blessing :relieved:

4 Likes

Thank you, God bless you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much I really appreciate it!!

3 Likes

Hi Ruth, thank you so much for taking the time to write this for me. Your words are so moving and this has comforted me so much already. I really love your perspective on how we need to be grateful for the small success and talents God gives us. You give great advice! Thank you for the prayers and your kindness, God bless you!!! Hope to see you in the clouds someday soon.

7 Likes

Thank you @Ruth! You have blessed me as well by your encouragement from one who has been there. God bless you for your well spoken words that come from a Spirit-filled heart. :heart:

5 Likes

What @Ruth said :smiley::+1:t4:
Considering copy paste into my notes for quick reference. It’s so applicable that I am also blessed by it. That’s from the Holy Spirit. It brings hope and joy to my heart and I am grateful to The Lord and grateful that she followed in obedience to say it.

5 Likes

@Ruth, count me as another one to whom you encouraged with your message. Thank you, and God bless your gift, right here.

5 Likes

Dear CM,
I can see the Lord is doing a work in you…not a quick fix but a solid pillar type building there…something fine and good and strong because it is causing you to know you have to do everything WITH JESUS. That is what you know now that He is doing the work. I see a humility that shines out through all the hard times and circumstance and His strength is replacing yours His peace is with you and the breaking of our strong wills is what we all need…It makes us of great use to the Lord. he will make your Spiritual Man strong. When good things begin to happen in your life you will know it is Jesus and not you and you will give God Glory for taking you out of the fog and into the place He is guiding you to daily…minute by minute hour by hour we need Jesus… in this life, every second sometimes …You will look back on this time later on and see how the Lord used every failure as a stepping stone to make you into the man that He is making you to be …You will be more forgiving and more kind and when you see the pain you have known in the eyes of others you will feel Gods love and grace. for them … I pray that you will just believe God anyway no matter what the circumstances and trust that He is able to hold you together … Open a way where there is no way. Life is very hard sometimes but it does not mean God loves us any less. He loves us we are His kids…and
that is not based on our performance. God loves us because God IS LOVE. He will never love you any more or any less …He loves YOU… He has a plan with a future and a hope. You are a child of God …This is who you are in Christ Jesus and nothing can change it.
Years back I found a gold necklace in a parking lot with a pendant that had 50 little diamonds in the shape of a heart…it was dirty and it had been run over a couple times too which had smashed the clasp a bit but none of the things that happened to it changed it’s worth …it was still solid gold and diamonds…just like you are dear brother…you are a one of a kind original made by God creation and He will help you through to the other side of what you are going through. I pray for you to let go of all condemnation in the name of Jesus. I pray you will take courage every morning and depressed or not go through the motions of getting cleaned up and dressed to the shoes, take out the trash and do all the mundane meaningless tasks that need to be done, and just take care of what is on your plate each day as best you can. I pray God will supply all your needs through his riches in Christ Jesus. I pray He will give you a blessing bigger than you can hold in Jesus name :heart:

8 Likes

Hi, I’m sorry I’m late to reply. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond with such kindness. Your prayers are wonderful and I’m so grateful. I’m still feeling anxious and overwhelmed every day but I’m praying and begging God to help me. I do trust that only he can help fix my problems at this point

4 Likes

Thank you Ruth… I needed this wisdom today

1 Like

Perhaps you need to focus on God’s unconditional love for you for a while. Whatever is bothering you he knows, he understands, he cares and he wants you to keep focused on him.

That reminds me of Elizabeth Elliot’s advice to herself and eventually to others, just do the next thing.

By the way, if you’re not familiar with her story, I put a link here to a great presentation of it and how God eventually turned tragedy into glorifying triumph–all because for years she and several others chose to do the next thing. Definitely worth the watch.

By the way, how did things turn out for your dad? You also had mentioned Oahu. Do you go to JD’s church? Hopefully you have some in-person support through it all. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Dear @cm
I saw this post earlier and was going to reply but I had to take care of life and I forgot that I hadn’t posted.

I hope to encourage you. " Feeling like a failure " is something we all experience in one form or another. One thing that the Lord has been teaching me is that failure is something we conclude when God has an entirely different perspective. Let’s look at the flipside: success. What is success anyway? You may be surprised to see that our human picture of success is something that the world has defined. The world system seeks to define YOU. Many of us go through life feeling that we never measured up. We weren’t smart enough or fast enough or popular enough or whatever.
Dear Christian, our success is in the finished work of Christ. To Him, faithfulness and a desire for a closer relationship with Him is success.
Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
There comes a point in the Christian walk when you realize that you are not a success or failure based on the world’s perspective. Jesus makes us a new creature. He makes us beautiful. I would ask that you ask the Lord to change your perspective and see yourself as Christ sees you.
Don’t give the devil an inroads to render you ineffective.
I will pray that you will see the Lord’s perspective and that you will be free from this bondage.
You are victorious in Christ.

8 Likes

I want to recommend the books of Mark deJesus in this field. Especially his book “Healing the rejection mindset”—he isn´t a usual therapist but a christian and his books work with the christian faith, from a kind of new perspective!

1 Like

He hears you …be assured of that . Sometimes it is a long answer that’s all. Hang on to Jesus. There is nothing wrong with getting a counselor to speak with at the church and pray with…or a friend or even a professional counselor …I am praying the Lord will meet your need as He knows what you need even more than you do. Jesus knows everything all about us and He loves us so very much…The stories of old Pastors lives can encourage …things gone through
that is what happens as a believer you will Go Through things but the Lord will never leave you
and He will get you through things until one day you realize wow God has gotten me through that. :sparkling_heart: :heart:

5 Likes

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to respond to my prayer request. I appreciate the advice and this great quote! Also, so nice of you to remember my dad. All thanks to our great God, he is doing much better!! He wasn’t able to find a doctor, but with time God healed all of his symptoms. He is still having some ongoing health issues but I’m praying for him every day. Hope all is well for you, thanks again and God bless you!

2 Likes

So beautifully put. Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate your advice and I’ll definitely pray for a changed perspective. God bless you

2 Likes

Thank you Jenn! I have a hard time with that too, God has to remind me what we have to look forward to every day. God bless you!

1 Like

Thank you Ann!

2 Likes

It’s very nice to be reminded and encouraged by others in Christ, so thank you! Thank you for praying for me. I pray all is well for you, God bless!

2 Likes

It’s a challenging road, but so liberating when we realize how valuable we are to Jesus!

2 Likes