Finding a church

Does anyone know if there is a ministry or church that keeps a directory of churches that actually preach the Word and are not compromised by the world and are aware of what hour we live in? Im trying to find a good church near me and keep striking out.

3 Likes

Find a Church Near Me | IndependentBaptist.church

Assemble Anywhere » KJV Churches

@Chainsaw
I think Rock Harbour Church has something - Brandon Holthaus.
I know they were working on something so they could link people with churches in their areas that had sound Bible teaching. I never checked into it but I’m sure others on here can tell you more.

Edit: changed name to Rock Harbour Church. Had the wrong name listed.

4 Likes

DallasT, thanks. I have looked into that because i had heard Brandon talk about it butbi can’t locate it.

4 Likes

Thanks. Do you think Baptist church are telling people how late it is? Ive heard Baptist preachers telling people to get the vaccine.

3 Likes

some aren’t, some are. check out the ones in your zip code

in the meantime, if you are looking for an online church that will be also opening up a physical church in Florida as well, check out Now The End Begins - you will hear the latest on Bible prophecy. They have Sunday morning service at 11 am Eastern time as well as Sun & Wed night Bible studies and Mon & Fri prophecy updates. You can listen live or later in the archives.

End Times News & Bible Teaching • Now The End Begins

4 Likes

Awesome, I’ll check it out. Thanks TBFL.

3 Likes

@Chainsaw I went to Brandon Holthaus church website rockharborchurch.net and went to their contact page and sent them an email asking them for any churches near my home. They were very kind and responded within a day or two. :grinning:

7 Likes

Seriously?! Cool, i will do the same…thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks Sherry. I had the name wrong. Got it mixed up with a church called Church of the Rock in our area. I am getting old. Sheesh! :laughing:

5 Likes

@DallasT … you not old my dear Dallas…ummmm…mature and gracious and sweet and kind… :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Yes indeed…seriously…you are welcome :grinning:

Actually one of the churches they recommended is only about 15-20 from my house and I had actually gone to that church a few times in the past for Mother-Daughter banquets at Christmas time…who knew !!! :grinning: :heart:

4 Likes

@Chainsaw

Here you go:

https://rockharborchurch.net/grow-connect/church-locator/

3 Likes

Thanks Kris…you’re the best!

2 Likes

This is indeed a tough one. I have found so much variation among people with the same denominational title that you’d think they were totally different religions. Not all Baptists are the same. Not all Methodists are the same. Etc.

And some of them have chased me out before we ever got into theology… with the excruciating noises they call “praise music”.

Interestingly, when I left SDA, I felt like I needed to join another denomination. After having been away from that for several years now, I have no particular desire to join any denomination at all. My favorite church at this point is a Bible Church. That’s it. No religious affiliation, just a simple Bible Church.

7 Likes

I’ve personally, always preferred non-denominational. However I’m not legalistic either, and I believe heavily in the gospel of grace.

I “love” worship music though that has a rhythm and a beat. One of my favorite bands was third day. As a matter fact I once sang in a 3000 person choir along with them at a stadium event. To this day I love Mac Powell songs. Kari Jobe, etc. although some of her latest stuff the music is just too loud I can’t hear the song. There’s so much awesome Christian worship music out there that is modern. Songs like break every chain. Waymaker. He is alive. Mac Powells recent, new creation. And much more. To me as long as it brings you into worship, it doesn’t matter. I’m bored senseless by other stuff. Old hymns etc. So when it comes to the music topic I say - to each his or her own. God knows our heart.

That being said non-denominational was my preferred way when I did go. I looked at some other churches and the fundamental Bible church was the worst experience I have ever had. That was the last physical church I went to, and it was the one that refused to baptize me in the river that day.

I have not been back to a physical church in more than 20 years because I had just too many bad experiences or they were too big/mega. So instead I reverted to online and found JD, etc. JD is from Calvary Chapel which is a non-denominational church. He used to be in Spokane where I’m at. But he left before I was here I think. The one in Spokane was a bit too mega sized for me. Ken Ortiz is the pastor and is often featured in Jason A videos. But others across the nation they may be good also.
They always have the same emblem. It’s nationwide. Some are small, some big. Same teachings it seems. They don’t all do a weekly prophecy talk though. Likely for that most of us are just watching online. Calvary at least locally does it like once a year.

Chainsaw if you’re near the Calvary chapel at Ozark lake looks pretty decent from what I was able to see. But that’s just my opinion. Quick look though seems like there’s a few in your state.

2 Likes

Good point. I am going to try out a calvary chapel church that is a little over an hour away. It’s not associated with any denomination but is of the same persuasion as Jack Hibbs so im hoping it will be a good one

Hey Kris. Weird, i was just responding to Brian that i was going to try a calvary chapel church over an hour away. Im taking thisnas confirmation that I’m supposed to try it out, lol. I work a lot of weekends but can’t wait to go. There are actually 3 within 90 minutes of me so i may try them all, haha.

2 Likes

Hey chainsaw - well I have always been partial to Calvary Chapel.

I started here in Spokane and then when I stopped going to in person churches - that’s how I found JD is because I was looking for Calvary Chapel again. And then I found Jack Hibbs . Etc and the rest that are online. They seem to be pretty consistent in the main things.

a lot of those guys at Calvary Chapel have their videos available online. I took a quick gander in your state. You can check them out that way in advance too :). There were a couple I don’t think had websites.

Actually the pastor at the one that it’s called Ozark lake— that might be a little bit of a bigger one — I like his style —he’s a really good teacher. I think his church appears to be a somewhat growing one or larger one. Three services plus a specific online service. Apparently they have a live chat and so forth. No doubt reaching out to those who are shut ins or just not comfortable going out to in person for whatever reason can’t make it ‘cause of work or whatever.

Anyway same pastor for all of them it seems. You can catch their online service on their website and YouTube.

Been there done that with the weekend and holiday work my friend lol. Blessed to be Monday through Friday 730 to 430 now.

1 Like

Good for you for not having to work weekends. I don’t mind it too much other than missing church (now that i have some to check out, lol).

Yeah, the ones i am closer to have websites and some sermons posted. I will check them out in person though.

1 Like