First post/Prayer

Hello,
My husband and I have been online members for about 2 years. We previously attended Assemblies of God churches. Unfortunately, we had a difficult time finding a local church that truly preached the word. We are thankful to have found Calvary Chapel and to JD for preaching the word of God.

I wanted to ask for prayer that God would lead me to the right job.

With the vaccine mandates, I’m concerned and reluctant to apply to a “major corporation”. I’ve also had this overwhelming feeling that the region we are currently living is not where we are supposed to stay/that we are supposed to move to a different state.

Ultimately, I just want God’s will to be done in my life. I pray for his direction, to lead me to work in the job he has for me and live in the region we are supposed to be.

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” - Romans 8:28

15 Likes

It is my humble opinion that the major corporations are right in line with the Left; most mandating the vaccine. I could be wrong. Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

I haven’t been following the news much regarding the Presidential mandate lately. I know that many retailers are requiring their “corporate office staff” to be vaccinated: Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, TJ Maxx, etc…I haven’t heard much about the vaccine requirement for store employees or store managers to be given a potential option to get weekly testing instead of the vaccine.

1 Like

My granddaughter worked for Walgreens as a pharmacy tech for a while and had to get the shots.

1 Like

I’m sorry the company mandated her to take the vaccine. I used to work as a manager for CVS for several years. This month I applied to a work-from-home job with CVS and they will not even hire for completely remote work unless you have been vaccinated.

2 Likes

I hear your words and will speak with the Father in prayer for you. So many people our trying to find there way . Sounds like you got it together so hang in there. Things have a way of working out just when we need it most.

2 Likes

Welcome to the fellowship, @Heather1. Praying that the Lord will lead you to a good job that fits your needs and supplies a living wage.
I would make sure my resume was up to date and posted on several job sites–LinkedIn, Indeed, neuvoo, etc. Not sure what area you are in, but government contract jobs may be an option. So many positions are remote currently, and no forced vx (thank you, Lord) so far.

2 Likes

@Cinchacha
I haven’t applied to govt. jobs as I assumed those jobs at the federal and state level (even the remote jobs) would mandate vaccination. How do you apply to government contract jobs? Is it at: usajobs.gov?

Unfortunately, they do, even the remote ones. I work remotely and got the notice yesterday (shortly after I wrote you) :woozy_face: that by dec 8, I will have three choices to keep my job: vx, religious exemption, health exemption.

I don’t know what I will do. I won’t get the vx.

Hey, maybe we can run for political office—they don’t have to get the vx or provide exemption excuses. Amazing.

I think someone put a list of alternate jobs on a thread here. Give me a few minutes, and I’ll post for you.

2 Likes

https://forum.jdfarag.org/t/losing-your-job-heres-a-guide-on-alternative-income/19949

2 Likes

Thanks, praying for you! Trusting in the Lord to take care of this :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Have similar problems. Also graduated with an Bachelors degree, trying to get the masters as well, but I have difficulties…the university I study at (online) has difficult exams…

But I have to apply for jobs regularly, I do work in the teaching field, but dont earn enough, so my children and I get help and for that reason its my obligation to apply…

Currently this is quite dangerous, because If I get an offer, I could be placed under the obligation to take the vaccine…

I am afraid to apply for that reason…

We have to be very close to God at these times, praying every day,…Hope WE will be delivered soon of this evil place…

:pray::postal_horn::pray:

I will hold you in my prayer tonight. May God help us and give us an opportunity to find a way!!

:pray::heart::pray:

2 Likes

@Ann1
Ann,
Thank you for the prayers, I truly appreciate it.

I can relate, I have completed some rigorous exams. The first year at the University I attended, I didn’t have much of a life outside of school. It was tough.

Master’s degree: Just an FYI. At some Universities you can earn a master’s degree for free online IF you work for the University. Some Universities offer remote/work from home jobs (some for education majors).

As for the employment situation, I have seriously considered starting my own business. I may work for a small business for now to avoid the vaccine mandate.

I will keep you in my prayers as well!! I pray the Lord will lead us to the jobs he has for us.

Blessings to you and your family!

2 Likes

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with My eye.
-Psalm 32:8

2 Likes

Welcome Heather and prayers that God places you were your skills will be appreciated. Sister in Christ :pray: :heart:

2 Likes