Forum Use Help

This topic is reserved for asking questions regarding the use of the forum! Questions asked here may be used to build a FAQ in the future.

Before responding, please keep the following in mind:

• this is for forum use related questions only: all other questions, suggestions, or comments will be moved or removed.
  • please do not answer a question unless you are confident you know the answer: incorrect, speculative, hypothesized, or misleading answers will be removed.
  • please offer as much information with your question or answer as possible: screenshots can be very helpful, though please remember to remove any personal info first.
  • if you aren’t comfortable asking your question here please send a moderator a private message.
  • there are no stupid* questions, we’ve all been there!

*to be read in Pastor JD’s voice :wink:

11 Likes

:hawaiianshirt_3:

6 Likes

I am trying to figure out how to reply to posts. I have vision issues related to brain injury and I don’t want to bother anyone. I am very happy to have found this forum.

5 Likes

Hi Debrah @IDoBelieve

I think you basically have it figured out, repeat anywhere you wish to reply! If you want to reply to someone specific I would recommend “tagging” them, which is just add an @ before their user name. You can also select some of the text in their post and it will automatically quote and notify them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello wonderful moderator people! Quick question. Is there any thought to having replies to a particular post fall right beneath it? I see it elsewhere and it makes it so much easier to form a response…or maybe that’s a good thing. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Hi Karyn! :grin: If a member clicks on the reply arrow directly below a message, and if that functions (at times it doesn’t), a little “replies” dropdown should appear showing the replies to that message. You can also click to reveal the message one has replied to on the top right hand corner of their message (again, when functioning correctly and if they chose reply to, instead of using the yellow reply all button). Outside of that, as far as I’ve seen, that’s just as far as this platform functions. I will also dig a little deeper into it though… Maybe there’s something I’ve missed.

1 Like

Hi. I am appreciating JD’s updates. Unfortunately because of slower connection speeds for my devices over internet, I have difficulty getting the stream without significant ‘breaks’ as the video buffer gets depleted. I would like to request for lower resolution video file options please

1 Like

Hi @RS

There is an option to choose a lower resolution in the top right hand corner of the video.

1. Hover your mouse over the top right hand corner of the video and click on the “…”
  2. Click on “Quality” - it will be set as Auto as default
  3. Choose a lower resolution (lowest is 238p)

Hopefully that helps! If not I would recommend submitting a report through the Support Center.
https://support.jdfarag.org/hc/en-us/requests/new

Many thanks for that