Forum Use Help ❓

This topic is reserved for asking questions regarding the use of the forum! Questions asked here may be used to build a FAQ in the future.

Before responding, please keep the following in mind:

• this is for forum use related questions only: all other questions, suggestions, or comments will be moved or removed.
  • please do not answer a question unless you are confident you know the answer: incorrect, speculative, hypothesized, or misleading answers will be removed.
  • please offer as much information with your question or answer as possible: screenshots can be very helpful, though please remember to remove any personal info first.
  • if you aren’t comfortable asking your question here please send a moderator a private message.
  • there are no stupid* questions, we’ve all been there!

*to be read in Pastor JD’s voice :wink:

17 Likes

:hawaiianshirt_3:

7 Likes

I am trying to figure out how to reply to posts. I have vision issues related to brain injury and I don’t want to bother anyone. I am very happy to have found this forum.

9 Likes

Hi Debrah @IDoBelieve

I think you basically have it figured out, repeat anywhere you wish to reply! If you want to reply to someone specific I would recommend “tagging” them, which is just add an @ before their user name. You can also select some of the text in their post and it will automatically quote and notify them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello wonderful moderator people! Quick question. Is there any thought to having replies to a particular post fall right beneath it? I see it elsewhere and it makes it so much easier to form a response…or maybe that’s a good thing. :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Hi Karyn! :grin: If a member clicks on the reply arrow directly below a message, and if that functions (at times it doesn’t), a little “replies” dropdown should appear showing the replies to that message. You can also click to reveal the message one has replied to on the top right hand corner of their message (again, when functioning correctly and if they chose reply to, instead of using the yellow reply all button). Outside of that, as far as I’ve seen, that’s just as far as this platform functions. I will also dig a little deeper into it though… Maybe there’s something I’ve missed.

3 Likes

Hi. I am appreciating JD’s updates. Unfortunately because of slower connection speeds for my devices over internet, I have difficulty getting the stream without significant ‘breaks’ as the video buffer gets depleted. I would like to request for lower resolution video file options please

2 Likes

Hi @RS

There is an option to choose a lower resolution in the top right hand corner of the video.

1. Hover your mouse over the top right hand corner of the video and click on the “…”
  2. Click on “Quality” - it will be set as Auto as default
  3. Choose a lower resolution (lowest is 238p)

Hopefully that helps! If not I would recommend submitting a report through the Support Center.
https://support.jdfarag.org/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Many thanks for that

2 Likes

@Twi :cherry_blossom:

Locking this thread for now. Reminder that this was a plea for prayer, not a request to analyze the situation. Although prayers can’t be shared on a locked thread I am sure they will still be forthcoming. :heart:"

I’m a guilty party, please accept my apologies and I’ve deleted my posts. I assure you we meant no harm and was just going with the flow of conversation about that topic being mindful of the need for prayer also. Thank you.

While I’ve got you here :grin:, has anyone thought to add a topic that could incorporate faith-based music, jokes, humor and memes? I would love a place to go here for a laugh or two and for a song that inspires. Figured we could use an encouraging, uplifting place with a chuckle or two for good measure :wink:. It’s kind of a like giving one another a good old fashioned hug…just a long distance one :grin:.

Blessings & Maranatha :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

@LDHW If you ever have questions or comments on any type of moderation/staff action feel free to send a message to @moderators. Locked threads happen on occasion, and unless you recieve a private message from staff there’s no action needed on your part. And definitely no apology needed to me or anyone on staff. :heart:

Some faith-based music might already be appropriate to post in the Praise The Lord category. But yes, a fun/casual/lighter category has been on the idea board for quite some time :wink: Speaking on a personal level, I’m all for hugs, even if they have to be long distance! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@Twi :cherry_blossom:

:grimacing: :flushed: Oooohhh, is that like getting called to the principal’s office :rofl:?!?!?!?

Seriously though, thank you for your reply…much appreciated!

(((((Yes on a new forum topic :+1:t3:! That would be AWESOME!)))))

On a personal note, this forum has become my second home :purple_heart: :place_of_worship: :purple_heart:.

3 Likes

@LDHW, I had hoped to add you to my most recent Group Message because of your question above to the mods.

You account settings are set currently to not accepting private message, so it wouldn’t allow me to add you.

I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. :wink:

4 Likes

@JackN :cherry_blossom:

:running_woman:t3: … off to change my settings :grin: :ok_hand:t3:!!!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Each time I start a new one, I have a max of 30 names to choose. Once I start it I can’t replace anyone, only remove them from that session. Each session is a max of 500 comments.

The next time I start one up I will add you and remove a non active member.

It could be a couple weeks to go, but they have been pretty active as of late. Used to take about a month to fill up the 500 post quota.

The best option would be to have a Topic devoted to it, but this is what we have to work with for now so. :slight_smile:

I’ll see what I can do about getting you in to one group or another sooner than this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s also tough to pick only 30 people out of a great group of hundreds of members. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@JackN :cherry_blossom:

That sounds like a plan, Stan :grin: :+1:t3:!!

Thank you…much appreciated!!

2 Likes

Is anyone allowed to ‘flag’ someone’s comments or are only certain people allowed to do that?
I tried doing it and when I was finished checking the proper box, the flag button at the end was not lit up and would not work.
Also if someone is flagged, Does the one that flagged them get a notification of some sort if their post is allowed to stay up?

2 Likes

Hi Dallas,

Yes, anyone can flag a post, but you can only flag it one time for off-topic, conduct, or spam, and one time for something else. I know that sometimes things can lag here a bit, so you may need to refresh your browser to see any changes.

If you choose ‘something else’ you will get an automated reply when the post is being looked into by staff, otherwise, no, you won’t receive any notification. If you have questions regarding a flagged post you’re always welcome to send a message to @moderators and we’ll be happy to help!

Discourse also has a nice little explaination of flags and how they work HERE

2 Likes

Thank you for your help and quick reply.

3 Likes