Fun Bible Trivia and facts and interesting things

CENTER VERSE OF THE BIBLE

• Q: What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
    A: Psalms 117
    Q: What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
    A: Psalms 119
    Q: Which chapter is in the center of the Bible?
    A: Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add these numbers up and you get 1188.

• Q: What is the center verse in the Bible?
    A: Psalms 118:8

The next time someone says they would like to find God’s perfect will for their lives and that they want to be in the center of His will, just send them to the center of His Word!

Psalms 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” Now isn’t that odd how this worked out (or was God in the center of it)?

Neat trick to help one remember how many books are in the bible.

O L D T E S T A M E N T
3 letters in the word Old, 9 letters in word Testament
1 + 1+ 1 (space) 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
(3) (9)
39 books in the Old Testament

N E W T E S T A M E N T
3 letters in the word New, 9 letters in word Testament
1+1+1 (X or cross separates) 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
(3) X (9)
3 x 9 = 27 books in the New Testament

• The first letter of the Greek word Christos is transliterated into our alphabet as an X.
    The X or Cross is what marks the New Testament different from the Old Testament.

39 + 27 = 66 books in total

Fun Bible Facts and Trivia

• Can you believe that the Bible is the number one most shoplifted book in America? I wonder if the shoplifters know the ten commandments?

• Only 2 books are named after women and they are the book of Esther and the book of Ruth.

I have lots more but i will let you add some of your own. Have fun.

19 Likes

Great thread! :purple_heart:

66- Books in the Bible

6- is the number of Man

Maybe God wanted us to read it at least twice, through?! :thinking::blush:

6 Likes

I like that. Read it twice or 6 x 6 times. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Amazing :open_mouth: Thank you @DallasT

2 Likes

Love that! :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Pretty cool

2 Likes

Jude the shortest book in the bible ?

3 Likes

More Fun Bible Facts & Trivia

1. Of all the books in the Bible, the book of Esther never once mentioned the name of God.
  2. According to Genesis 1:20-22, the chicken came before the egg. So, now we can stop pondering which comes first, the chicken or the egg.
  3. Shakepeare was believed to be 46 when the King James version of the Bible was written. That is nothing to be awed about. However, the following fact might really make you wonder if it’s just a coincidence or a design on the part of the writers of the King James version. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is “shake” and the 46th word from the last word is “spear”. And put them together, you’ll get …:slight_smile:
  4. The Bible has been translated to Klingon. Klingon is a fictional tribe invented by the creators of Star Trek. Maybe they converted some Klingons to Christianity.
  5. The ten most mentioned animals in the Bible are sheep. lamb, lion, ox, ram, horse, bullock, ass, goat and camel.
  6. The shortest verse in the Bible? Jesus wept (John 11:35).
  7. Almonds and pistachios are the only nuts mentioned in the Bible.
  8. The oldest person mentioned in the Bible is Methuselah. He was 969 years old.
  9. The only miracle Jesus Christ performed that was mentioned in all the four Gospels is the feeding of the 5000.
10 Likes

The Great Flood, and the Prophecy of "Methuselah"

3 Likes

Thanks for the article Kevin. I have heard so many pastors say that Methuselah meant ‘His Death shall bring’ … and then some will insert the Flood.
They would also add on … ‘Can you imagine how careful everyone around him would be to make sure he lived a loooong life if they knew the flood would come when he died’. Hee Hee. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

The word “Unicorn” is mentioned in the KJV of the Bible!

Why? It was a mistranslation from the Greek Septuagint.

It’s most likely a Rhinoceros or wild Ox :blush:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Awe come on @Redeemed777 and @Kevo4Christ , you guys are blowing my dream of beautiful white horses with long flowing manes and a jewel bedazzled horn from it’s forehead. Hee hee. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thanks for the input.

4 Likes

I don’t believe it’s a mis-translation tho… the latin vulgate used “unicornis” as well as “rinoceros” …there is much debate about it… but I aint goin there :grin:

3 Likes

I just calls em as I reads em :wink::woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I was just ‘funnin wit yu’ (in case you didn’t know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:). I liked your input and I I am hoping others will input as well. I have lots more I could share but I don’t want to hog the thread. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hog the thread. These are great.

3 Likes

O.k. Here’s a tough one for some.

• Name a very famous Bible person who’s name only appears once in the Bible?

I’m not telling yet if his name was changed or not, so you now know it’s a He.

2 Likes

Lucifer…?? His name only appears once… or not at all in a lot of versions…

(Just a guess off the top of my head) :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

@Kevo4Christ You are right in that his name does only appear once in the KJV at least. The name I am looking for is in the KJV but that isn’t the name I am looking for.

There may be a lot of good answers, I’m not really sure but when the answer I am looking for comes up, we will have a winner and I will try to let you all know, unless I happen to be away from the puter at the time.

Hint: He is a good guy and VERY WELL known.

2 Likes