Gods presence in my husbands life

Please pray for my husbands salvation that’s seeking the Lord. He’s reading Gods word with me and trying to know the Lord but told me he wants God to give him proof that he’s there. I believe in the Bible literally by faith and trust in God but my husband does not. He says he needs more proof that it’s all real and it’s starting to make me very sad because he does not understand what I’m telling him about needing to have faith. Please pray the Lord help to open his eyes to the truth of Gods word? I would love it if God gave him a sign that he’s real too. He’s given me many over the years that I keep to myself. Is it ok to ask for God to give him a sign that he’s real? My signs are my children’s lives, the sun and moon and so much more. I look around and see God made all of us and everything. :pray::pray::pray::heart:

13 Likes

God loves us to ask in faith.:heartpulse:

1 Like

Wow!! It’s wonderful that your husband is open to hearing and listening…that is a huge step. So many people don’t even want to hear it. You may have already talked to him about this…but have you asked your husband if he recognizes that he is a sinner?

5 Likes

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD (Jeremiah 29:11 - 29:14 NKJV)

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened (Matthew 7:7 - 7:8 NKJV)

Praise the Lord that your husband is asking! I am praying for your him. I am asking that the Lord makes Himself known to your husband in a way that he can understand and truly know.

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.“ (John 3:8 NKJV)

8 Likes

Beloved sister,
I can totally relate to you. The only difference is my husband was & is a believer. Still, I distinctly remember 2 occasions where I was at my wits end cried to the Lord to open his eyes.

We were in a massive fight over going into business with a certain person (an atheist). My husband told me I was ridiculous - there’s nothing wrong with working closely with an atheist. But I knew this atheist has a very bad side and we shouldn’t fellowship with him.

So, this was basically my prayer - “Lord, I don’t want to do this. I know light doesn’t mix with darkness. Please let my husband see with his own eyes what this atheist is really like. Please expose him. Abba Father, You said You won’t withhold any good thing I ask. Well…I think I’m asking for a good thing. Please HELP”. And you know what, He did. He exposed the person and opened my husband’s eyes. So I don’t think asking for proof is always a bad thing.

But may I ask, what is the root of his doubt? Evolution & the big bang? Evidence of UFO’s? Dinosaurs & Noah’s flood? The historical accuracy and general veracity of the Bible? ‘Impossible’ questions, like, why’s there evil in the world? I can provide you with more than enough evidence.

However, a very different approach must be taken if he has had a previous bad experience with religion or religious persons. For example, the catholic church really ruins people. A friend has asked me to do a piece for a woman, who found the catholic church to be so fake, she’s now an atheist. The key here is to prove that that hideous church is a loathsome misrepresentation of God. That the woman in fact couldn’t have rejected Jesus, because she was never presented with the Truth of Jesus.

It will simply help a lot if you can find out exactly which lies are the enemy is filling his head with.

In the meantime, have you watched Lee Strobel’s “A case for Christ”? I think you’ll find it very comforting. On youtube #thecaseforchrist #Christ #Jesus #God T[-]e C@se 4 Chr!st FULL MOVIE - YouTube

Don’t lose hope. If you’d prefer to contact me via email, just say the word.

4 Likes

Praying for you and your husband!*** I love a lot of lost people and the following Christian apologetic teachers has helped me tremendously with answering their intellectual questions:

• Dr Ravi Zacharias
  • Dr Nabeel Qureshi
  • Dr Gary Habermas
  • Dr Abdu Murray
  • CS Lewis (Mere Christianity)

I would literally Google their questions with mostly Ravi Zacharias name and he’s answered most in such a respectful and humble way. Nabeel and Abdu were devout Muslims, challenging Christians and they explain the Trinity very well. Gary specializes in the resurrection (facts using evidence critics accept).

The Lord will lead you :pray:

2 Likes

Him even reading the Bible with me brings me joy but when I try to explain something to him he gets angry. I feel so bad that he does but not sure if it’s because he’s trying to figure it out on his own. I just try to help him then he gets mad at me. I’m not sure what to do anymore when I know something and try to explain it to him but he feels mad. He says it’s because he wants his own opinion but a Bible study to me is everyone’s input. He rushes through it and told me he does not want to pray for understanding with me before the study because he only prays silently to God.

God will show himself to your husband. The Bible says that He can be found when we seek Him with all our heart.
It also says to call unto Him and He will answer.
The Lord reveals Himself in many ways and not the same way to everyone.
It’s extremely encouraging that your husband is searching Him out.

4 Likes

Loving Heavenly Father Creator of Heaven and Earth

Please lift the veil of manipulation from Kearcy’s husband’s eyes. Bring forth the message fitly spoken to him of an answer to his question. Bring forth an opening of thought to his mind as we ask you to bless him with peace and calm in his heart and mind to receive that answer from You.

May the journey he has started be on a straighter path through Your word and may he see the light of truth provided for all, but not witnessed by some.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

7 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear, I understand what a difficult situation you must be in!!! It’s a blessing that’s he is reading the word, there is power in God’s word, sharper than the sharpest sword!***

What’s help me is knowing that only God can save, only the Holy Spirit can convict & save my loved ones, I can merely plant the seed, but it’s only God that can make that seed grow!*** I’d encourage you to be patient, sometimes bite on your tongue & trust that the Lord is working, only explain to Him when you sure it’s the Holy Spirit leading you!*** Jesus will bring other people in His life to water the seed you’ve planted & prayer is so powerful!!!

I think it might be difficult for your husband having to learn from you, he might know that the man is supposed to be the Spiritual leader in the house & that might bring frustration!**** Please don’t take it personally!*** Your influence for him to actually want to read the word is one of the biggest obstacles you’ve already overcome!***

May the Lord be with you, comfort you, give you strength & wisdom & fill you with joy!*** May your soul light up every time your husband reaches for the word!***

4 Likes

I’ve tried to explain the gospel to him and only God knows his true heart (if he understands). He says he has a hard time believing the entire Bible literally. I told him it’s all true and the more you seek God through his word and prayer the more you understand. I just accept things I don’t understand by faith and God eventually reveals it to me but not always immediately. Sometimes years later he will reveal it to me. He wants all the answers now and is wanting God to actually talk to him. That might scare me because that’s just not how things work normally. God can do whatever he wants though.

3 Likes

Thank you for those awesome Bible verses! :pray:

2 Likes

Oh, ok, I see what you are saying…he doesn’t even know if sin, heaven, hell, etc, exist…for me, I had to be broken and recognize my brokenness before I realized my need for a Savior…maybe pray that God will show him his brokenness or some other thing that God could only do to get his attention that leads to salvation

1 Like

What is your email address? Thank you :pray:

May this video would help:

:pray:

1 Like