Griefshare -- Lost My Spouse

Some of us have lost our other half and need a place to connect, not just on this level of grief, but also sharing the same viewpoint of that being we believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

Through the intense pain, anxiety, fear, and fog that comes with losing your spouse, let us resolve to stand on God’s promises, seek Him first, and help lift each other up as we wait on the trumpet to sound and our sweet Savior to come rescue us.

I’m 379 days without my spouse. He was called Home suddenly on August 27, 2020.

Peace be to you if you’re reading this and have lost your other half :hugs::heart:

22 Likes

I am praying for you. Please know that. I also lost my husband on Nov. 21, 2020, suddenly, and unexpected. So, I understand completely. If you would like to just talk, or share, please pm me. I would love to make a new friend, and share resources. God Bless you!!! Hang in there! Jesus gives me the strength to make it each and every day, and I have found HIS grace is sufficient! Praise HIS holy name! Sincerely, Catherine

5 Likes

Hi Jessica and @CMOORE. My heart goes out to you.
I also lost my spouse suddenly, but it was in 2005.
At the time he died, I had two daughters that were both about to have my first grandchildren. I wanted to comfort and be strong for them, so I put aside my grieving for their sake. I believed I was doing great and had gotten over all of it.
Six 6 years later when my father was dying, it all hit me like a ton of bricks. I went through double grieving and thought I was going crazy and there was something wrong with me.
I found out that it is common for some people to put aside their grieving for various reasons and that is o.k.

I write all of that to tell you Jessica and Catherine, to do all the grieving you need to do and don’t hold it back for any reasons. There is no time limit on grief - no matter what anyone else tries to tell you. We all deal with loss in our own ways.
God knows, and God understands. He Blesses those that mourn. He cares for the widows and orphans.

Both of you have lost your husbands at such trying times so the feelings you are going through are exacerbated by the times we are in.
It is great that you started this thread where you can talk and share about it. It is very needed. Talking about it helps ease the pain. We need to talk about it.
I wish I had somewhere I could have shared at that time but I didn’t.
I am glad Catherine has shared as well and I do hope you might be able to share more with one another as the timing is so similar. God can use the two of you to comfort and exhort one another.

I will be praying for both of you. :pray: :pray: :pray:
Much love in Christ dear sisters.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

I’m leaning hard on Jesus. Reading His Word and learning more and more on the End Times gives me strength. Sharing the grief journey with Church family has been such a blessing. Lifting you up in prayer for strength. Please feel free to PM me as well :hugs::heart:

5 Likes

I so agree. We need to not hold back grief back or try and subdue it.
I believe very soon, we’ll be standing in the clouds with our husbands before our sweet Savior!
Many hugs!

5 Likes

Prayers for you, Jessie :heart::pray:

5 Likes

That is awesome!!! thank you for responding. It is Great to hear that you also have support. Like you, I have been just leaning 100% on Jesus, constant prayer and staying in the Word of God. That is the only thing that brings any relief, I just trust HIM, and his promises, knowing that He is faithful. The more I read, the more I want to read! Each day brings new wisdom and growth. I am so grateful! and blessed. I appreciate the advice I have received from other widows who have made it through this, and thrived despite the circumstances. Only Jesus can do this! All glory be to his precious name. Thank you, and God Bless each and every one reading this. Keep Looking Up!!!

4 Likes

Thank you :hugs::heart:

I find myself so anxious to go up! I try and count my blessings as well through the pain. In doing so, I’m so grateful for and to Jesus.

I have to say though, as I look always for Jesus to snatch us away, I try to not fall prey to Satan’s deception such as “He’s not coming soon” and “It will be a long time before you see your husband”. Statements like these are wrong, but if I’m not fast enough to throw up my shield and put them (these fiery arrows Psalm 91) out quickly, they can sting something awful. I’m constantly swinging the sword of the Spirit at him, and trying not to fall into a depressed state. How grateful I am for the Holy Spirit putting so many wonderful people in my life and keeping my focus UP to Jesus!

I hope you’ve had a beautiful day that brought about many instances where you could just feel the Lord holding you :revolving_hearts:

:hugs:

3 Likes