Heaven. A place for imagination

I’ve started this thread so we could escape with our imaginations for awhile and maybe just find some peace from what is going on in the world.

This isn’t a place to discuss Bible topics and theology per se, but just a place to have fun and enjoy our God given imaginations.

And please no debates or other related world stuff . (vaccines, passports, politics, etc.) There are enough other threads to discuss those things.

If you could have, or do anything you would like to do in heaven, what might that be? Let loose. Don’t be serious. What do you like to do? Just have fun with it. Let your imagination run wild.

Remember in heaven we are all family. No one is more important than the other. Each person has different like and desires, loves different things, has different interests, talents, etc. so no one is right or wrong. No judgments.

I’ll start with some of the things I wish will be in heaven.

I’ve always thought I would like a mansion with loads of rooms. I don’t necessarily care to live in the mansion. I just would like to decorate all those rooms with ‘themes’

• One room would be designed with Victorian type furnishings. One with modern type stuff. One with early American type stuff. Others all decorated in various ways for different eras.
  • I’d also like a totally equipped sewing room, craft room, and kitchen.
  • Of course upon entering you would see a grand staircase (sort of like the one in the Beverly Hillbillies show)
  • A huge ball room for lots of dancing.
  • Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, saunas, etc.

Along with all of that, I would also like a little log cabin somewhere out back where I could entertain intimate friends and where I would meet with Jesus. Just our little ‘get a way’.

It is all in my imagination after all so I can imagine whatever I desire.

What can you imagine? Please share.

24 Likes

That’s beautiful!!! Such a sweet gesture to escape from everything going on for a little while!*** Really wonder lots what we’ll be doing, can only imagine it’s much better than any holiday here!!! I would personally love to go horseback riding with Jesus, as “our little get away” as you stated :blush: Looking forward to others imagination!***

11 Likes

I would like a nice log cabin in the woods near a lake where I can go out on a boat and just enjoy the view and fish. Some place were there are mountains in the distance and the peaceful quit of nature that I can enjoy in the early morning hours. It would have a garden area, with feeders for wild life so I could watch from the deck as they come and eat in the garden. If not part of the cabin maybe a large shed, with everything I need to make whatever I could imagine with clay, wood, or metal.

Call it a mid life crisis if ya want but because I have such fond memories of my childhood and because I want to remember more innocent times, before I was aware of all the evil and stress in this world. I have been collecting old G.I. Joe action figures from when I was a kid. During this time I have really become interested in how the toys were designed and made. I have found now I have this desire to create and make toys. I believe all the aborted children as well as those who died from other factors besides abortion will be in heaven. But I don’t know if they will still be children or adults, so maybe if there are children in eternity. Maybe God will give me the ability to design and create toys for kids.

It’s kind of weird actually, I never have had a desire to build and make stuff like I have lately, these desires are actually kind of new. I like to think maybe they are God given desires, maybe I will be able to do some of this stuff in eternity, It’s hard to imagine though that could be true. Even though these are good desires and thoughts, they seem like carnal worldly desires and it seems foolish to imagine such things. But honestly I can’t help but take pleasure in imagining and hoping for such things. My grandmother who went home to be with the Lord years ago would probably disapprove of such thinking, but at the same time grandma had a bad opinion of Bugs Bunny and enjoyed watching Benny Hinn on TV so maybe her opinion wouldn’t be so important on such matters haha

18 Likes

Give me clear skies to see the stars, surrounded by rolling hills and great vineyards, with the sounds of the brooks and streams to keep me at peace. To dance and sing praise in the flowered fields, fish the waters of eternity, and tend the gardens with the warmth of the sun on my face. To be with the Lord is enough for me, I couldn’t possibly ask for more.

20 Likes

The absolute sweetness of these dreams of heaven that you all are sharing really really touches my heart 🥲.

I hope I can visit your dwellings and see all of your heavenly blessings. He went to prepare a place for you. That’s what He said and we all know God doesn’t lie. Therefore, what was written is done! :smiley:

Just before I came upon @DallasT wonderful topic, I was thinking about what heaven will sound like. I love well crafted music and am looking forward to that. I trust the Jesus crew in heaven to build my house. He knows me better than I do and knows that I will be outside most of the time anyway :deciduous_tree: :sunglasses: :deciduous_tree:

14 Likes

Oh I am so glad you are all participating. As I read all of this it is so relaxing and peaceful to the soul.

@Liza I am alergic to horses here but not in heaven. I will be able to enjoy horseback riding as well. Maybe even try riding elephants or dinosaurs. Hee Hee.

@MDLange82 God gave us our imaginations and there is nothing wrong in using them.
Didn’t he tell us in the word that we can’t even imagine what he is preparing for us.
What a great goal - to be able to make toys for children.
Don’t forget, there is no time in heaven. You could work on a project for centuries if you wanted and never ever get tired.

@Jonathan Dancing and singing sounds like so much fun. Let’s add the flowering fields joining in our praises as well as the fish and waters.

@anon17134780 Oh the music will be unimaginable. Everything will ring out with music we can’t even dream of.

@Katherine Oh yes, seeing mountains and everything from the air as we flit around and also fly off to distant galaxies and explore them.

We just think about someone, and instantly we could be with them and chat for 10 years and feel like only seconds had passed.

I am out of hearts so here are some for all. Love what you are sharing. Please contribute again.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

You should read the book Within Heaven’s Gates by Rebecca Springer. It’s a very old book but a good, pleasant read on her experience. I’ve read it multiple times now lol.

Personally, I would love reuniting with my passed pets. I’ve already dreamt once my beloved Maine Coon comforted me in a dream, so happily and his fur was shining golden. And yes I do believe God does take care of our departed pets. I’m sorry, but with the preciousness given to them and their heart, and God knowing our love for them, there is no way God won’t bring them to heaven. It just doesn’t sound like His character to let them ‘fade to nothing’. Like come on lol. I digress-

I’ve always liked to travel and see things, so maybe the Lord would permit me to explore all of His creation in the stars. If not I do like the Mountains. Maybe a home amid the tops or on a slope for a grand view to behold rolling valleys and distant, celestial horizons.

Mostly though I just want to hang around Jesus, and as I like to joke, sit on the edge of his robe and just travel along with Him everywhere. :rofl:

13 Likes

No need to joke about it here. Here is where your imagination can run free.
Let’s all hang onto his robes and follow along. Hee hee.
In his sight we will be like little children and I believe he will play with us. He knows I mean no disrespect.
I’d like to dunk him in the water and hang onto his feet and ride around with him like I did with my own dad a few times.
While your at it, why not imagine your long lost pet being able to really talk to you and reminisce of old times you spent together. Thanks for sharing. Loved it.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

In our current living situation we are not able to have pets. I know my wife would like to have a couple cats and I miss having a dog. I think we will be able to have pets in heaven, or at least I hope so.

I have always wanted to get an English Bull Dog and name him butch after the dog from the old Tom & Jerry cartoons. Maybe a few other breeds as well. Have a small pack of dogs to play around with.

My parents used to have a miniature Dachshund named Bo. Funniest little dog, he would roll on his back so you could rub his belly. Well, if ya gave him a good vigorous belly rub he would get super excited and when your done he would roll back over on his feet and take off running laps around the room. It was so funny, he was like one of those old wind up toy cars that take off after turning the key. Haha

12 Likes

I don’t think this thread would be complete without mentioning the following few verses :slightly_smiling_face:

Isaiah 64:4 - For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Psalm 31:19 - Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

I’ll have to sit and let this marinate in my imagination for a bit, then get back to you with my musings :grin:

16 Likes

@DallasT :dove:

I love this post :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:!!

I admit I do daydream about the Millenial Kingdom , Heaven and the new Jerusalem. :thinking: I often wonder what it’s all gonna look like, the air smell like and the food/drink taste like. I can’t wait to FINALLY see Jesus and be reunited with loved ones, friends, y’all, etc. It will be WILD!

As for any “job” I may be doing for the Lord, I do hope :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: He considers my obsession for cleanliness and order (that drives everyone I know CrAzY :grin: but every employer I’ve had LOVED it :rofl:).

One thing I would love is to be able to sing. My “make a joyful noise unto the Lord” is more noise than joyful :joy: :joy:.

I hope to have a ninja blender and ice machine in my room so I can make “snow”…yeah, you saw that right, SNOW. It’s another
obsession of mine :yum: :snowflake:!!

I’m weird…and I’m okay with that :joy: :rofl:!

Blessings & Maranatha :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

I can hardly wait to behold Jesus in all His glory…I long to see His smile and the twinkle in His eye and to look into those eyes and see His abundant love for us, to hear His voice and the sound of His laughter and to have every one of my senses be in total awe and wonder of Him. I can only imagine the brilliant and beautiful colors we will behold and the wonderful fragrance of Heaven and the glorious sound of music and the angels singing… :heart:

13 Likes

After my initial, overwhelming sense of awe in seeing my Savior face to face and worshipping Him with all the Saints…I want to walk and look and feel and taste and hear all the things as in this verse Kevin provided.

Then! I would like a dwelling by a crystal clear lake, with fish of all colors and sizes swimming by. I’d like a Mountain View that will reflect its majesty in the lake and a small green area with fruits trees and a place to have animals (miniature cows and goats and horses) and grow a garden,
The dwelling wouldn’t need to be large, but since I just know I’m finally gonna be able to play a piano and sing, I’d need a room for that.
I’d love a sewing room and better skills and to have hands that could actually knit instead of hurt all the time and I will volunteer to make new tunics, wings :speak_no_evil: whatever.

If there’s cooking to be done, I’d like a nice big stove. Oh, and if it could all be self cleaning, that’d be great!
I’d love to be able to have my precious fur baby with me.

I’d need a room to entertain Angels “awares”! Not unawares :wink:
To offer a place for Sarah and Esther and other women to come rest and share their stories. To actually hear from all those OT Saints would be awesome.

I’d like all my rooms to be purple hued with soft sage green. No insects or critters to get in, no need for window screens. Fresh, heavenly scented air.

Then when it’s time to rest, I’d like the best bed I’ve never slept in and to hear my Jesus say, “rest, my child you are home forever” :purple_heart:

15 Likes

Pre-empted my response to a degree here.

To be with the Lord in Heaven I would wish to progress to a perfected childhood.

Free from all fear and doubt weighing me down; flying would be good.

Secure and devoid of shame; resting without rumination or introspection.

Innocent of evil; no longer knowing wrong but simply delighting in His righteousness.

As to the specifics:

• A crisp (US - Chip) vending machine dispensing every flavour imaginable, together with the finest quality hummus (made from Israeli Tahini and chickpeas ofc).

• ‘Columbo’ reruns on every channel broadcast in a room (or dwelling) where no saint or angel (arch or otherwise) meanders through and disrupts the plot even though I’ve seen it 147 times before and know precisely how Peter Falk solved the case. That is totally not the point!

• A Library room of mint condition ‘Calvin and Hobbes’ compilations with a perpetually replenished glass of full-fat milk and plate of peanut butter crackers.

• A pub where me and my dad, who is already awaiting me, can sit and talk like we used to.

17 Likes

Lol, insert Gunsmoke or Andy Griffith and Yes!
Love Calvin and Hobbs! But I’ll need perpetually replenished glass of Sweet Southern Iced Tea and brownies.

11 Likes

I am loving the responses and getting so giddy and excited to go there and visit all your imaginations.
What wonders and marvels we will see.

@Kevo4Christ Thank you for including those scripture. We need them. Awaiting your musings… Hee Hee.

@LDHW As for your obsession with cleanliness and order, if there is anything to clean, be sure there will be plenty of us giving you loads of work to do. I for one hate cleaning and I do wish things I had were more orderly, but woe is me, another thing I don’t like doing. :slight_smile:
I too want to sing because all I do now, is carry a shakey tune in a basket. :slight_smile:

@SherryM Oh, to hear his laughter. I hope it rings through heaven.

@Redeemed777 Miniature cows and etc. Love :heart: that idea. Oh I would need a music room as well although right now I can’t sing or play any instruments but in heaven and imagination… that’s a different story.

@jasonacts177 Oh yes, definitely vending machines dispensing anything we might desire and all for free.
I would like to see channels of various events in History so we could see exactly how it all really did happen. Of course without any pain or regret or sadness or that sort of thing.

Everyone has such great ideas. Thanks all. My soul is being encouraged and replenished abundantly.

8 Likes

sprinkling a bunch of hearts :sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart: Jesus loves you :sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heart::two_hearts:

9 Likes

Oh Stacey, heaven will have falling hearts all over the place instead of dust. Hee Hee.
Thanks for all the hearts.

7 Likes

@DallasT
Oh, friend! I’m so glad you started this thread!
I want to come visit your special rooms… especially the Victorian one!
As I mentioned before, I’d love a sweet cottage, with trees that shade a bit, and a front porch swing where Jesus can come and sit with me. I’m simple. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

I’m having a very sad and mournful day today, feeling alone and disconnected from everyone around me.

Imagining heaven, for me, is not centered on scenery or activities as much as it is on relationships. All of my relationships, even familial ones, have felt hindered or held back in some way. I feel like not one of us has ever experienced the joy of being able to see and be seen, to know and be known, without fear, judgement, etc.
" For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." 1 Cor. 13:12

And I don’t know if we’ll forget everyone we know here on earth, if we’ll have our family there with us, if we’ll have our earthly spouse in heaven (if they’re saved), but I wonder-- no, I hope-- that if there truly is a soulmate for everyone, that we’ll be united with that soulmate and get to experience the wonderfully tender, sweet, and pure romance God intended for a man and a wife to share in marriage. Free from sin and selfishness, free from miscommunication.
I feel silly saying it, and think that God’s love should and would be enough for us. But if heaven is like earth, we’ll have relationships with others too. Beautiful landscapes and scenery will be wonderful to behold and enjoy, but are best shared :white_heart:

14 Likes