How to Use Tracts Properly?

I do not want to just hand out money to those on the corners asking for it. I want to be able to do more and so I decided to purchase tracts to hand out to people and want to put something inside. The idea is maybe to put in $5 or a gift certificate for a meal at a local fast-food place.

I also am considering putting my phone number on the back.

Does any of my brothers and sisters have any council on this plan?

3 Likes

Hello Dean,

What a great idea, especially the gift cards instead of cash. I would be reluctant to give my personal cell phone number to a stranger though. The concept of being available to minister to someone who has questions is awesome though. Perhaps you could get a ā€œburner phoneā€ - the prepaid kind and use that phone/number exclusively for ministering.

-Theresa

4 Likes

I love the idea Dean!
These are my thoughts:

I would say to carry around a few with cash in them as well as the regular gift card ones because people would be more receptive of the tracts the more desperate they are:

Say thereā€™s someone who realised they canā€™t pay for their lunch in front of you, or a person at a bus stop without enough money to get back home. I think those individuals would be incredibly grateful and be more accepting of the tract, as long as youā€™re selective of who you give them to.

The gift card idea is great though and should be used for most people you give them to, I donā€™t know America well so Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t help you with the card selection. But the sounds of a meal would be amazing if I was given one on the street!

Let us know how it goes Dean!

• Love in Christ
    Chris
2 Likes

I have never seen this tract ā€˜thingā€™ you speak of. Iā€™m from South Africa. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen anyone handing out anything remotely religious. Apologies for my ignorance :south_africa:

1 Like

Janine, @J.Locke, you might find this account interesting, even inspiringā€¦

Tracting In George Street, Sydney. Australia - YouTube

1 Like