I Have A Father

O Lord, open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.

Psalm 51:15

I HAVE A FATHER
I have a Father who watches over me day and night. He loves me just as I am; never giving up on me when I am weak or disappoint Him. He showers His abundant love on me; blesses me with all that I need and loves most of all to share more and more of Himself with me.

I have a Father Who guides my path through life. He chastises me when I need it and comforts me when I am hurting or lonely. When someone around me hurts or causes sorrow to my soul; He takes my hand
hugs me, close and says, “Never mind, my child. I love you more than any human being can and My love is sufficient for you.”

My Father brings joy to my spirit. He gladdens my heart and is my constant Companion. He knows what is best for me and He gently nudges me in the way He knows I should go. He never complains when I busy myself with things of this world; forgetting Him for a time. He patiently waits for me to remember Him and I realize He has been pouring His love out on me even when I was too busy to give Him my time. He is so steadfast in His care of me.

My Father is a King! Heaven and earth and all that are in it belong to Him, as He created all of it.
Heaven is His Throne and earth is His footstool. He is Teacher, Physician, Comforter, Creator, Savior and Friend. He knows my thoughts before I ever form them. He knows all my yesterdays, my todays and my tomorrows. He knows his plan for my life and gently leads me toward it. I sometimes veer off course or take short detours, but He never lets me get so far off the path that I cannot make it back. He patiently waits for me to look up and see Him waiting with His arms outstretched to lead me back onto the narrow path that leads to Heaven.

Bad health can destroy my body, but, even then, He will be waiting for me to take His hand and let Him comfort my fears of the illness. “You see, Lord, it is not death I fear; but the pain and very act of dying.
I know for certain, I could not go down that path without You. It would be much too frightening to do so. When the time comes for me to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, take my hand tightly, Lord, and walk through that veil that separates this life from the next with me.

Oh yes, I have the most wonderful Father! His Name is God. I hope you would know my father and His loving care as I do. Then you too, would know, this wonderful Father of mine.

Linda M
Written October, 2002

This category is solely reserved for posts that share the glory of God!

All other topics posted will be moved or deleted.

11 Likes

I am so thrilled to be His own and, over the years, since He saved me in 1985, I have written songs to Him and often I just sit down and pour my thoughts, love and devotion out to Him. Thank You, Father God for creating me, giving me the breath of life and, at age 42, giving me the breath of eternal life.
Thank You for Jesus who took my sins upon Himself so that I might be found blameless before You, thank You, not only for the Cross, but also, for the Resurrection and Ascension because we know, that even now, our Lord Jesus, is sitting on the Throne, at Your right hand, waiting for the time when You tell Him, “Son, go and get My children. Go and get Your Bride!”

Thank You for the Holy Spirit, who teaches us and leads us through this temporary world, teaching us how to have the Fruits of the Spirit; and how to be the best witness we can possibly be for You.
I love You, I glorify Your Name, I can’t wait to get HOME!!
Your loving daughter,
Jesus Lover

6 Likes

Thank you both, this post is a blessing and comfort.

Maranantha Jesus!

4 Likes

You are welcome, KateAly. Actually both posts are mine. Linda is my given name. I pray that everything God gives me to write is a blessing to my Christian brothers and sisters.

4 Likes

Thank you Linda. Both posts really spoke to me and blessed my soul.
Many blessings to you dear one.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Dallas. The Holy Spirit prompts the writings.

4 Likes
1 Like

StaceyLee, I love the Father’s Love Letter. I ordered 50 of them a few months back and have sent them by mail to some of my family and friends. The first time I read it, it brought tears to think He loved me even before I was formed in my mother’s womb. Thank you for this. It is even better with voice.
Blessings, sister Stacie.

1 Like

From your heart straight to God’s heart.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

That is exactly what I was feeling as I wrote it nearly 20 years ago. Thank you, Romans1013. I find it incredibly amazing that, though each of are, are but a speck in the universe, He KNOWS US! He knew us from the beginning of Creation. What a wonderfully amazing Father we have.

3 Likes

I’m glad it blessed you, Linda :blush:
@Jesuslover1985

1 Like

To the core, StaceyLee :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

How deep the Father’s love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure

2 Likes

Pax, I love that song. We actually have the cd.

2 Likes

Eternal, please don’t let the devil try to fool you into believing you are not worthy of God’s love. No matter what happens to you, if you are truly His; a born again believer in Jesus Christ, nothing; again I say, NOTHING can separate you from the love of Christ.

Father God, I do not know the circumstances or the story of eternal’s struggle. You, however, Father, are all knowing, all seeing and all wise. You know this person from the moment of their birth up to this very moment. You know every circumstance of their life and You love them. I don’t know if Eternal is male or female because the post does not say but, Father, there is no sin too great for You to forgive. The only unforgivable sin is unbelief. Father, when a person is struggling with self loathing; it is hard to let Your love come through because they may feel so unworthy of Your love. But none of us are worthy and i pray You will show this to ‘eternal’. Let this person know that when they come to You for forgiveness, You fully forgive them and throw all their sins in to the deepest sea; never to be thought of again. Help this person, Lord. Show them mercy and compassion. Fight that battle together, Father in the blessed Name of Jesus. amen.

3 Likes

Thank You, dear Heavenly Father, that You have assured us in Your Word of an inheritance that is “imperishable, undefiled and unfading.”

Thank You that ‘eternal child’ can be assured of this “living hope,” even at those times when she cannot feel connected to You or feel loved by You.

Thank You that You are indeed “guarding” ‘eternal child’ by Your powerthrough faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

In the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

3 Likes