I need God’s peace for my meeting with HR tomorrow

I work at a university who has mandated the vaccine by Nov 1st and testing every 72 hours if not fully vaxxed. Long story short - I am not being very cooperative with the testing and have applied for religious exemption for the vax. I have a meeting with HR tomorrow. My union does not support me. I think they may fire me over testing so they dont have to deal with the exemption letter. I have a knot in the pit of my stomach. I feel alone. I am afraid that I will become either tongue tied or angry.

I cant seem to absorb the Word for comfort and I dont have peace. Please pray that I will have God’s peace that surpasses all understanding. That I express my concerns properly. That I not shame the Lord. That God is in the outcome. That I have faith that will not be shaken. That I will be humble and not defensive (and all the other actions that accompany when backed into a corner)

I covet your prayers.

Thank you.

Samantha

This category is solely reserved for Prayer Requests.

All other topics posted will be moved or deleted. More info: About the Prayer Requests category

55 Likes

Dear gracious heavenly Father, we hold up to you our dear sister Samantha. She has a meeting tomorrow with HR and her spirit is disquieted within her. Please grant her peace in her heart, a living peace even as the inner wells of living water spring up within her. May she find your word (and places in your word most helpful for this trying situation) edifying, and building her up at this moment for this trial. May she have recognizable peace in her heart that preps her for her meeting.

We also pray that Samantha might be a blessing to those in HR, that the living testimony of you within her may been seen and noticed by others so as to give you glory dear Lord. That Samantha’s stilled heart and deep trust in you be something HR notices within their inner souls as most desirable. May you cause your servant deep focus on your person and her real status in your family as she approaches such a time as this. In Jesus name we pray.

Samantha, even after Esther prayed, she knew she might parish with her stance to the king of Persia. The world is unable to see what this all means. Please be reminded of the inner peace that accompanies a true knowledge of just how close we are getting in eschatology. The world won’t know this way of thinking. But just as we are His children and live as citizens in His kingdom, what is real is real, even though an entire planet be gaslighted. I pray you take comfort in this beautiful sobering reality. Blessings.

31 Likes

Matthew 10: 18-20

You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

This is about persecution and in such, you are being persecuted. So, I would have to say this fits rather well for you, @Samantha. Take deep breaths even before you leave your bed tomorrow. Know that you are never alone and that the Holy Spirit isn’t just with you, but in you. I’m sure there was a bit of a knot in the pit of Daniel’s stomach when entering the lion’s den. I bet Jonah was a little freaked out when he was swallowed by a giant fish. Don’t get me started on Paul with his ship wrecks and the time he was stoned but survived or continually incarcerated.

I bet ya Peter learned his lesson the moment he looked back at the disciples in the boat when he walked on water only to fall into the sea “Never doin’ that again…” Or John of Patmos? Makes ya wonder if he had a knot in his stomach each time Rome tried to kill him! “Oh no…not again!” And what about Esther? Or what’s his name…Elijah? When Jezebel put out the decree to kill him? Even the group Flock of Seagulls couldn’t sing fast enough to keep up with his running.

Beloved Heavenly Father

Through the night, may Samantha be given a tune up through Your grace and mercy in preparing to face her lion’s den tomorrow? Please place upon her heart and mind, peace and calm as she is brought before those who believe themselves governors and kings. Through her testimony, may she reflect You, Lord in speech and conduct. May Your words flow from her lips and may the truth reach through Your grace and mercy upon them, may the truth be planted upon their hearts as we pray it takes root and blossoms.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

24 Likes

Amen!

8 Likes

I feel the same way, I have not submitted my excemption because I feel like I am still bending to them regarding the testing. I work at a school as well. I don’t trust the test at all. I am not sure of what I will do yet, but I believe that our Lord Jesus will be sitting next to you to protect you. Pray, be humble and know you are loved and you are not alone. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

9 Likes

Samantha, I’m new in these forums and haven’t had time to browse around after joining as I’m dealing with the same issues at my county government job. However, all day I’ve been feeling a very strong need to log in and finally check things out. I don’t even know how to navigate around yet, but somehow my fingers took about 2 seconds to get to this thread, open your post and burst into tears, so the Lord must have led me here.

I don’t know how helpful I can be but please know that you are not alone. I will be praying for you and I know others will be too. You said you have faith and you will not be shaken - remember that and remember to breathe and you WILL be calm and strong. You know that you are right!!!

I submitted my religious exemption, including very strong language and case law about some questions being illegal and not required to determine my sincere religious conviction. Spiritual warfare is no joke! They sent back 4 additional medical and religious questions with numerous subparts digging into my “church” (location, what do we discuss regarding vaccines during services) and other vaccines (which have I had, which available ones would I take). We will all get through this and God will use it for good!

13 Likes

Wow. Talk about invasive. Asking you all those questions. The Lord knows our faith is real. We don’t have to prove it to them. If they reject the exemptions, they are rejecting Jesus. Thank you for your encouragement. I will pray for your situation as well. God bless.

9 Likes

Thank you Jon. I always get a chuckle from your insights. Your prayers for everyone are so appreciated.

6 Likes

Thank you, @Samantha! Knowing someone can break down from nervousness or anxiety for even a second and chuckle…or sometimes shoot milk out their nose from laughing (sorry if that happens…can you imagine if that happened when eating cookies though? Yikes!) and forget about the troubles plaguing them for even an instant in time. If that happens, I am thankful that my time was well spent, but more importantly they understood my references lol.

3 Likes

Psalm 143
My Soul Thirsts for You

1 A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.

2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.

4 Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.

5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.

7 Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.

8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.

10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.

12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

4 Likes

Praying for you, Samantha

1 Like

Praying Samantha! The Lord will carry you through.

1 Like

Okay, okay

Tell us! How did it go?

8 Likes

Yes…PLEASE give us an update!

3 Likes

Thank-you family for praying for me. The meeting was very cordial. The HR lady remembered me from happier times and was kind and understanding. I may have turned a corner with the union reps. The Lord made it as easy as possible under the circumstances to iron out some issues.
I will have an answer about the exemption by the end of the week. The Union rep was not confident my letter from Pastor Farag would be accepted and that I would have to provide more proof. Nobody knows what kind of proof.
I feel very relieved it is over for now and cannot tell you how much it means to me to have you all in my court. If it gets accepted I will let you know because it will be a miracle. If it doesn’t then I will get leave without pay until I comply or fight harder.
Lets hope we get to go home soon.
Isnt it wonderful Jesus knows who are His own. We don’t need to prove it. He knows his sheep!
God bless you all.
Samantha

24 Likes

Praying for you dear one. I have had a few times where that pit in my stomach exploded; and not in a good way. My tongue ran away with itself and I was so ashamed of behaving badly. Lord, put a guard at her mouth so that only things that are loving and respectful with come out. Because your Holy Spirit dwells in her, she will speak truth and life into whatever situation may happen and those in authority over her will be stilled and quieted by her strength and kindness. May they see truth in her so that you receive all the glory. Thank you, in advance for your grace and mercy towards her. Amen.

8 Likes

What a grest visual that was! Yes God was gracious to me and I didn’t run off at the mouth and discredit Him.
I need to fix my update. A friend corrected me that even if the exemption letter doesn’t get approved, it is still a miracle. Any time the Lord intervenes in our lives it is miraculous. We just don’t know why something that looks terrible is for our good - until later.

11 Likes

Please give an update on how things went!! My heart aches and goes out to you and so many under this attack!

5 Likes

Awesome to hear Samantha. I was brought up through reformation theology. And one thing that seemed odd to me along the way was that prayer does not change things since God’s decree is set. But that it is used to change us. I was satisfied with that for a while. But it made the relationship seem a bit unipersonal. I was so glad to be blessed with finding out so much more beyond that about the character of God in prayer. In this case God did intervene. Literally intervened on your behalf. And the added benefit of the the beauty too in how prayer changes us into Christ likeness as we experience first hand His faithfulness toward His creation and family. You are very blessed dear sister. Thanks for sharing that with us :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Dear @Samantha

Pray for God to do as He wills. Whatever happens, if you stay or go, is God’s will. Whatever happens a way will be made for you to endure or escape.

Matthew 6:25-34

New International Version

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I will be praying that God will do it for His name and for His glory.

6 Likes