Israel יִשְׂרָאֵל ♥

It has been many years since my grandmother took me on a trip to Israel - a time I fondly remember and I fell in love with the land of Israel. - The people there were very hospitable, the food was great, and we traveled a lot to the places the Bible tells us about. - That’s why I thought it would be interesting to put everything related to Israel here so that you can always look it up if you’re interested: books, maps, documentaries, informative link sites, news, recipes, photos, songs, sites for learning Hebrew, an adventurous hiking route, etc.

Since Israel is the hand on God’s clock, breaking news is welcome!

I’ll just start with a book that I found on the internet today and uploaded.
An Historical and Geographical Study Guide of Israel:

And a website where you can discover the meanings of thousands of Biblical names:

MESSIAH in Both Testaments

7 Likes

I would love to go. Before things started falling apart in '20, my wife and I had talked about taking a trip there. With the current state of things, and my intentional unpoked status, I doubt that’s ever gonna happen this side of the Rapture.

I do really enjoy some of the YouTube videos that give little glimpses into some of the places we’d be curious about.

7 Likes

From the first of March you can travel to Israel again without being vaccinated, provided we have not been evacuated by then.

I have no doubt that after the tribulation we can visit the beautiful country together.

If you know a video about Israel that you particularly like, I would be happy if you share it with us.

4 Likes

Thanks for this thread, @MarieK :slightly_smiling_face:

My mom lived in Old City Jerusalem on Mark St. for many years. She brought back lots of interesting stuff when she came back to the USA, including these. We call them our sheep family :wink:. I think she got them at one of the markets.

8 Likes

Then she must have had a lot to tell you when she came back to the USA. The sheep are cute and cuddly.

The only souvenir we brought back was the Menorah מְנוֹרָה

7 Likes

Thank you for this thread about Israel. I have always wanted to go there…maybe someday :heart:
I am subscribed to a youtube channel that has lots of videos of Israel. A young couple who live in Israel and who love the LORD. I am attaching one of their videos if you would like to watch.

6 Likes

But that is gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thank you for the informative videos of the siblings. Of course, I immediately looked for a recipe in their videos and found one. :grapes:

An older sister in Christ, unable to cope with Bible programs, sought Bible cards. I found the Bible cards on the following page to be of very high quality and, above all, large enough for older siblings.

3 Likes

Gospel-Tracts in Hebrew

Hebrew Bible - New Testament

Hebrew Bible for Children

Gospel Tract in Yiddish

Yiddish New Testament

Tanakh in Yiddish

2 Likes

MESSIAH IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES

Feasts of Israel

THE REMNANT OF ISRAEL

ISRAEL’S RIGHT TO THE PROMISED LAND

JESUS WAS A JEW

THE JEWISH WEDDING SYSTEM

THE MODERN STATE OF ISRAEL IN BIBLE PROPHECY

Replacement Theology and the Epistle of 1 Peter

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this. My father served as a NATO peace keeper in Egypt in 1974, during which time he made trips to Israel for pleasure as often as he could. When he returned home, he told us about the delicious fruit and excellent breakfasts that were a welcome change from army fare. I can’t count the number of times when we were drinking exceptional coffee that we had made for him or in a cafe and he would say it was really good but didn’t compare with the coffee in Israel. Before he passed on from dementia in 2018 at age 88, I was entertaining him with images on the computer and he started talking about his tour in Egypt. I got the idea to show him photos of Israel. Then i did a google earth of the areas he had seen. He perked right up and started naming streets and one particular dining establishment that he really liked. I voice recorded our entire conversation and stored it on my laptop. I need to find it and play if for my mom whose health is failing. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the homeland of my Lord Jesus.

7 Likes

What a big heart you have! Please look for the recording, because it will bring great joy to your mother! -

Yes, I saw that there are some streets and surroundings on the maps. You can bring back memories there. - My grandmother and I were invited to tea by a Jewish family. I’ve never had a cup of tea like this in my entire life. It was strawberry tea.

If you come across beautiful pictures from Israel during your search, you are welcome to post them here. ♪♫

4 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story. I too have a soft spot in my heart for Israel even tho i’ve never been there. :heart:

4 Likes

Strawberry tea. How wonderful is that? I would love to see Israel. I picture myself in a summer floral dress with a big hat on my head, sitting on the roof of a building. Now, i will add sipping a cup of strawberry tea. Having an imagination, that includes scents and flavours, I don’t need the injections to travel.

3 Likes

Me too. My dream is to visit Israel and Egypt. I’d take being raptured over that though!

7 Likes

More beautiful sites to discover.

Jerusalem - a cup of trembling

photographs, drawings, and maps

https://www.bibleplaces.com/sites/
https://bible-history.com/biblemaps

BY A JEWISH BELIEVER IN THE LORD JESUS

MESSIANIC PROPHECIES FULFILLED BY JESUS

Petra - A reserved place prepared by God

Israel my Glory - Jewish culture and customs:
https://israelmyglory.org/article-categories/jewish-culture-customs/

4 Likes
2 Likes

Is God a Zionist?

“God is not only a Zionist, but also will even take part in Aliyah (return to Israel) and live in Zion…”:

Free news from Israel

2 Likes

Found this photo last night going through some files. This is Mark Street in Old City Jerusalem near the Jaffa Gate. My mom lived in this building in the late 90’s early 2000s.

6 Likes

Yes, brother, I remember this street well. Back when we were there, it was full of people, and nearby were market stalls with lots of delicious edibles. Thanks for posting it. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a camera with me back then (in the eighties), so I’m happy when photos are posted here!

2 Likes