January 13, 2022 - Isaiah 59 – I’m The Problem

:hawaiianshirt_4: Pastor JD talks about the problem of sin and the suffering being because I’m the problem and not the Lord.

Watch on JDFarag.org

or watch on youtube

9 Likes

A much needed message :purple_heart:.

Here is an excellent commentary by Dr. Charles Stanley with Tim Rhodes & C. Lawrence called…

“Double Take - the Prodigal Son”

https://www.intouch.org/read/articles/double-take-the-prodigal-son

Thought I’d share some things I had in my gallery concerning the prodigal son :purple_heart:.

Blessings & Maranatha :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

“I’m the problem”
When I read that title, I almost shouted, [ain’t that the truth] Amen

I always have been, and always will be the problem, that is why, I know:
“For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.”

and that why when He revealed to me :

"To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the [only] hope of glory. Col.1:27
[bracket mine]

I was so happy to know, none of it is based on my performance. [ain’t that also the truth]

“But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that [while we were still sinners], Christ died for us.” Rom. 5:8

" just as [in His love] He chose us in Christ [actually selected us for Himself as His own] before the foundation of the world, so that we would be holy [that is, consecrated, set apart for Him, purpose-driven] and blameless in His sight. In love" Eph.1:4

If I keep digging down in my “old man” [flesh] there is no end to the [ I am the problem issues] ,
it is only when I stop digging, and LOOK UP, and see [what He has already done] Do I TRULY see.

" “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” Rom 7:24

IT’S BEEN DONE, and the Father no longer sees me, but sees, [Christ in me, and me in Christ, sitting in heavenly places.]

Ephesians 2:6, “and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

I read Isa.59, but then continued to Isa. 60; 1-2

"Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
For behold, darkness shall cover the earth,
and thick darkness the peoples;
but the Lord will arise upon you,
and his glory will be seen upon you.

I believe the [sinners] saved by Grace, the Body of Christ may be the [only light and salt] this dying world will soon see .
That this passage really does seem to define the world we are living in today.
" but the Lord will arise upon you,[His Body]
and his glory will be seen upon you." [His Body]
[ ] brackets mine

May be us in Him upon you. " [His Body]

The world will either use that [light and salt] or spit it out and try and extinguish it, as they already have done to HIM.

Warmly Doc :dove:

p.s. LORD, please help me walk my talk, I can never do it without you.

6 Likes

images (4)

6 Likes

Over the last few years, I’ve come to a realization internally. For many years, I looked at sin as something I do, some thought or act that is carried out that is unrighteous. But as I’ve matured, I’ve realized that sin isn’t just something I “do”, I am sin. And I can’t change that. Nothing I will ever do will ever change that. But God. It is HIS righteousness that is accounted to me by way of faith, not because of anything I can ever do. Who will deliver me from this “death trap” as Paul questioned? Jesus. He has this covered. And soon, He’s gonna fix that “death trap” permanently so that it will never be a problem again. I won’t BE sin anymore! Praise Him!

3 Likes

1 Like