January 29, 2023: 2 Peter 2:10-13 – The Dangers of Hypocrisy and Duplicity

:bible2: 2 Peter 2:10-13 – The Dangers of Hypocrisy and Duplicity

Resources(Transcript): here

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_3: talks about the dangers of hypocrisy and duplicity in condemning others for what we ourselves may be guilty of as we rightly discern false teachings and false teachers.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More 2 Peter Study Videos

18 Likes

I really enjoyed this and will be listening to it again. I have to admit when Pastor JD got to the third question I said “Oh Lord please don’t let me be that”.

11 Likes

I didn’t take notes and I don’t see a transcript so I don’t remember number three. :thinking: But it was a conscience rattling message. We all need to watch it. Pretty sure if we don’t see a speck of the characteristic traits that he listed within yourselves, we may have a real problem. I hope I’m f.a.t. :wink:

Faithful
Available
Teachable

:butgod:

14 Likes

I want to be F.A.T also. Amen

7 Likes

The look on friend’s faces when I tell them I want to be fat for Jesus :laughing:

10 Likes

Next time I see my friend I’m going to tell her I want to be fat for Jesus just to see the look on her face! :joy:

8 Likes

Morning Loretta and Tony,
@Loretta66 @SkyTheSheepdog

What we’re saying is, we want to be like Jesus!

12 Likes

Amen @GR :slightly_smiling_face:
And sooner rather than later :wink:
Good morning :sunny:

5 Likes

Amen! Good morning @GR

4 Likes

Okay, so I’m RElistening to sermon…
FAT = Faithful, Available, Teachable

And I want to be that…

But I still wanna be Faithful and True like Jesus!

9 Likes

Conscience rattling is a very appropriate term for this sermon! Yes, I wanna be FAT too.

6 Likes

Good morning @GR and @Loretta66, and @SkyTheSheepdog. As usual, Pastor JD provided us with some wisdom and insight, and has us looking at ourselves.

God bless all. Can’t wait for the next BPU!.

8 Likes

Hi @Janet7 ! :wave:
Blessings to you! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh my, Pastor JD your message spoke to my heart many times, mainly re. the proud and arrogant. I was raised by proud and arrogant parents who taught me (by example) that I was, our family was the final authority.
But God…saved me at a very young age and brought me to an understanding and knowledge of Christ and His ways.
I will say my life has been a life long challenge of letting go. letting go and letting go more. The Lord has brought me to where I am. I have nothing but I am truly so happy in Jesus.
I can still see other peoples sins very clearly & quickly and very slow to see my own which means I am a hypocrite. I pray the Lord to search my heart and expose any wicked ways.

18 Likes

How often I have said that of myself, because it is true. In our failings, we are….but God, and thank You, God, for saving us wretches from ourselves.:revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

You’ve prayed to the Lord and expose this, and He has.
I see you growing in the Lord not as a hypocrite. For if we admit our sin He is Faithful and Just to forgive.
Even myself when God showed this to me, in me, I realized Yes I have pride and took it to our Lord like you. Now I ask Him Lord show me and change me because the change starts with our Lord changing us.

Keep growing in our Lord sister
maranatha

11 Likes

He knows us better than we know ourselves. It matters when we can see our lack of holiness and desire to progressively be sanctified. It means you belong to Him :wink:

Jesus is our righteousness :smiley:

11 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

Where can I find a transcript of JDs messages?
I am probably not looking in the right place

2 Likes