🏆 JDF Forum Fan Awards Nominations

Because I am so grateful for everyone in our forum family and the unique roll each one plays, I am initiating nominations for the first ever (and probably only) JDF Forum Fan Awards!!! Please join in, have fun (or be serious), create an award and tell us your top nominee. Or top three. People can be nominated for multiple awards, quadruple ties are acceptable, anything goes as long as you have fun and nominees realize how valuable and appreciated they are.

Here are my top nominees for several categories:

@DallasT Dallas nominated for:

Giggly Grandma Award (Hee hee!!!)

Your daily funnies, personal stories and all around encouragement keep me going. Thanks for being Grammy to all of us!

20220724_010712

@Gracings Merrilee nominated for:

Hospitali-TEA Award

During these dark and chaotic times, your Solid Ground Cuppa House has been a welcoming and refreshing encouragement. Thank you for giving us a place (thread) devoted to rest and connection with God and each other.

15 Likes

@staceylovesJesus Stacey nominated for:

Irresistible Jesus Lover Award

I was going to say your huge love of Jesus is infectious or contagious, but you know, didn’t want those trigger words starting new lockdowns or anything. It truly is though and I enjoy all of your posts proclaiming that love.

7863730326_206a97fd2e_z

@Janet7 Janet nominated for:

Tinfoil Cat Award

Thank you for sharing such sweet pictures of all your furry friends with us. Each one is an adorable declaration of God’s creativity.

taco-debbie-kelley-660

14 Likes

@BayouBushi Jack nominated for:

Jack of all Trades Award

Your shared knowledge from the many hats you wear is much appreciated for those of us who don’t have those experiences to draw from–technical skills, survival, military, quake watching… I suspect your ‘tinfoil hat’ looks more like the one below.
Oh, and can’t forget your punny sense of humor.

:point_up:Now that’s amore! …a moray?

@Jon Jon nominated for:

Jovial Prayer Warrior

After all, what better could he possibly do for others while stuck waiting two weeks for his mansion to be completed?

15 Likes

You guys have me laughing
especially Dallas - he he .

11 Likes

ahh so awesome! (needing more charactors)

8 Likes

@Romans1013.Tony Tony nominated for:

Bear-ean Award

I have enjoyed your humor, nature photos from both your home states, and searching and savoring the Word with us while hanging out waiting to go HOME.
bears-acting-like-humans-7

1911495264-bear-bird-funny-picture

@JackN Jack nominated for:

Frolicking Fox Award

Sometimes when life is crazy we need the reminder to stop and marvel at God’s beautiful creatures.
20220723_232039

Oh, and sometimes we still need to be reminded
dont take bait 2

16 Likes

Ay, do we really have to choose? Ok. Sorry, but I nominate all of us. Lol.

11 Likes

No choosing involved, just nominating for fun and encouragement. :blush::two_hearts:

10 Likes

@Stephmerm Stephanie nominated for:

Childlike Faith Award

From faith to kids and everything in between, I’ve enjoyed your wit, wisdom and willingness to share and encourage through your experiences.
Growing-in-Childlike-Faith-

Oh, and I am first in line if you ever write your book, The adventures in Preschool and Did I Just Say That?. I have not forgotten, “Get that cheese off your forehead”. :smile:

@anon17258824 nominated for:

Strong Character–Hope Filled–Jesus Praying Mama Award

Thank you for inviting us into your personal struggles and blessing us with the amazing ways God is sustaining you and igniting a fire in your girls. Such a beautiful example of God’s love, grace and redemption in action.

12 Likes

2ztbtt

@Twi nominated for:

Mini Pix Award

:butgod: :bible: :donkey: :abcs: :hawaiianshirt_1:
5,000 words right there. Enough said.

@jasonacts177 Jason nominated for:

Bartholomew Cubbins Award

A new hat for the summer heat perhaps?

16 Likes

This was the first thread I went to this morning - had me laughing and crying at the same time! How thoughtful and loving of you @pbandj Paula!

11 Likes

Be careful with glorification!

1 Like

Paula…… I am laughing and so touched at the same time. Adorable thread from an adorable sister.

Since we don’t believe in good fairies or woodland sprites I can’t give you that award. But if there were… I would. We love you so. Thank you for making me see that I somehow fit as something more than a misfit :joy:

:heart:
Brother Tony (bear paw signature :wink:)

1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Paula (a revelation :bulb:)…
You have just exemplified love in action! So grateful to The Lord for you and your encouragement of the brothers and sisters :trophy:

11 Likes

@NamDoc nominated for:

Humble Endurance Award

For being honest about your struggles and pain and through it all still wanting desperately to hold tight to Jesus. May we all do likewise.
669b717245ee200de8672ca500fab20f

14 Likes

@pbandj

Paula…… I am laughing and so touched at the same time. Adorable thread from an adorable sister.

Since we don’t believe in good fairies or woodland sprites I can’t give you that award. But if there were… I would. We love you so. Thank you for making me see that I somehow fit as something more than a misfit :joy:

Paula (a revelation :bulb:)…
You have just exemplified love in action! So grateful to The Lord for you and your encouragement of the brothers and sisters :trophy:

I am not great with words but @Romans1013. Tony said what is in my heart and I am stealing his words.

I feel more than honoured as I don’t think I have ever been nominated for anything in my life so that really touched me in the ‘feelings.’
You have been such a comfort and encouragement to me and so many others on this forum. Thank you dear sister. I love you.
:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

15 Likes

What a touching and funny thread​:heart::sob::joy:
I second the nominees.
Have absolutely loved everyone on here and how much each person’s contributions have helped me, changed me, humbled me and touched me.

14 Likes

@PBandJ Paula, you never cease to amaze me in your extensive and creative collaborations—especially when I think of what a busy mom you are! Thank you for making us smile!

I am so beholden to so SO very many among us on the forum that I would not even know where to begin. I’d surely leave out too many of the more quiet who are also here.

This I do know: I can easily nominate you as being our Pep Squad Leader Extrordinaire!!

13 Likes

…and I nominate

@pbandj Paula for the

Award.

16 Likes

Hahaha perfect!!! :+1:

8 Likes

I have a nomination!! :smiley:

I’m taking the liberty to nominate our sister in Christ @staceylovesJesus because we have literally shared “common ground” where the wind comes sweeping down the plain :tornado: and we’ve shared some storms, literally :cloud_with_lightning: and figuratively. God is faithful. We’re all grateful for her kindness, humility and transparency all of which embodies a very real and inspiring testimony.

Any room in the forum lights up with the light of the love of The Lord when Stacey shows up. :sunflower:

Stacey, we see Jesus in you. :heart:

14 Likes