July 18, 2021 – Hebrews 6:1-6 - Keep Moving Forward

Anyone who has never worried about their salvation has never worried about anything.

You are not the only one who has at times felt this way. Try thinking of it this way, you are concerned about your walk with God.

Can you answer these questions ?

1 Are you a sinner ?

2 Would you be condemned to eternal punishment with no saviour ?

3 Do you believe Jesus is who He says He is and did what He did ?

4 Do you stumble ?

If your answer is yes then you are in the same boat I am.

3 Likes

Well, hello Jamie,

Thanks so very much for reaching out!

My answers to your questions:
Yes
Yes
Yes
And yes!

Being in “the same boat” led me to envisioning the disciples in the boat with Jesus, who was sleeping through the storm! And I imagine, too, that the disciples were as tired as I am! It takes a lot of guts and energy to sail a ship in a storm. I wonder how many times they had cried out for help, trying to wake the Master?

Fast forward to Christ’s “awakening.” Storm silenced. Sea like glass. Oh we of little faith, he says. I sigh and think, “but aren’t You the author and finisher of it, Lord. I guess this is how you are causing faith to grow in me now?”

Good news is . . . We BELIEVE the Good News, eh? And . . . Jesus wakes in you and me to calm the storms, eventually!

I AM still mystified about all of the weeping through my prayers. But, as the song goes, I think He is just breaking my heart for what breaks His. Must admit, I’m wondering just what our Father will do with all of the tears he’s collected in His bottle.

Blessings,
Brenda

6 Likes

Another question might be was he really saved to begin with?

5 Likes

The tears in the bottle is His grace that puts out the fire of your doubt.

4 Likes

Thank you for all the responses. I’ve read a lot of ‘ex-Christians’, known a few who were believers for many years some of them were even pastors who denounced their Christianity and embraced this world. And now Hebrews 6:1-6 made me think if people like them were still saved.

And yeah, maybe they weren’t saved to begin with.

Thank you and blessings to all. :pray:t2::blush:

2 Likes

But you just said or quoted that few are “chosen”

1 Like

Just humanly speaking, how does one know when they’ve stepped over the unsaid line, of one too many sins, and lost their salvation?

1 Like

You said Jesus will forgive any confessed sin…how many unconfessed sins need to add up before we lose our salvation?..I’m sure I’ve forgotten some.

1 Like

This is how I understand it:

1 Like

What struck me as I read your post is “to choose to believe.” It occurred to me that, just as I remembered every seed sown in my life leading up to my belief, that those who choose not to believe will not only spend eternity separated from God, but will have a constant replay of each and every time they were given the choice to believe and they rejected Him. I’m running into many these days who are glad to admit they choose not to believe. How very sad. smh

2 Likes

I seem to recall that Pastor Mac explained the “outer darkness” in this sermon, so adding this as supplement to this conversation.

8 Likes

Oh you’ve blessed my heart today! Thank you for sharing some of your experiences. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you especially for praying for my son! I’ve thought a lot about Lot’s wife during the past year. I have wondered just why it was that she looked back. Was her heart just grieving for those whom she loved who would not escape? My constant prayer is that there will be not one empty seat at my family table at the wedding feast. . . Not one precious face that I can’t find there! God bless you and those you love. God keep you all held safely in the palm of his hand. :blue_heart::pray:t3:

3 Likes

I just watched this sermon and loved it😁.
My little sheep brain scatters itself all over the place when I hear sermons like this.
First, I am so blessed and reassured because I can know I’m going to heaven no matter what. A relief.
Second, I love hearing about Moses and his journey. I always knew it was real, but in growing, I can now really see him as a real true person.
What I mean is, when I used to read these stories, because it was so long ago and their experiences so different, there was no way for me to relate really. Just read and move on without absorbing.
Now I love the history of it and see how much I can relate. The old testament people were real people with thoughts and feelings just like us. We are so much like the Israelites wandering through the desert.
Since we know how their story ended, it is easy to say “I would never do that” but like JD said, “Yes you would have.” They were no more or no less human than us.
As JD was talking, I could Invision all of us together in the desert, making our way to the promised land. We can see it, it’s right there but we are seeing the giants.
The giants of today, to me, are the fears of not being saved, the fears towards vaccines, fears of government overreach, fears of wars, fears of famine, fears of violence. So many more giants can be added.
Listening to JD helped me to visually shrink all those giants and run full force towards that promised land that’s right there! I cannot wait to get there!!
Then my sheep brain continues as I imagine coming back with Jesus one day on a white horse.
I love horses but am terrified of them. I mean terrified. I get even near them and my head and right arm go numb because I am so scared. I was attacked by two in the past.
So fast forward, I get to ride a beautiful, white horse and won’t be even a little nervous because of His grace, so will I be able to keep my horse in the millinium? I know I will be attached to it, and it will also have a glorified body, won’t it?
A silly thought, I know but this is how I think. The horses aren’t going to just poof, disappear, so will they be our transportation while we’re here with Jesus?
I get a lot of goofy thoughts, so to lighten any sad heart, I thought I would give us something fun to think about besides the wonderful food we will get to eat.
Then my brain skittered over to an overview of my life and how, now, I can see where God did truly amazing things. I would love to hear what he has done for others. That might be another topic thread to start. There are three neat experiences I could share right off the bat but would love to hear the experiences of others.

4 Likes

I truly can’t wait! I love animals and since Jesus knows this, I hope he lets me have many to play with and love on, especially baby elephants. I’m sounding like a two year old and all it takes is Jesus to bring that child out of me.

5 Likes

So fun! It will probably take me at least 500 years just to stop gawking. Lol.

5 Likes

I am so excited for it all. Looking ahead helps shrink all that concerns us, or should.
This world is so ugly these days, but God.
Keeping our eyes on the “prize” makes it all bearable. Of course, what choice do we have?
We’re in this together, and we’ll be with Jesus together, so…journey on, with anticipation, hope and a smile.

3 Likes

Thank you for chatting with me today. I started off reading other threads and the heart just grew weary, and heavy.
Then I watched this sermon and I was filled with joy. We all need joy these days.
It’s nice to take a breather from heavy topics and just have a little fun when we try to imagine what’s in store for us.
Be blessed.

6 Likes

Hi Ed, hope you are well brother. Just wanted to jump in and ask if you watch JD’s prophecy updates? If so, this week there is a sermon he also gave on Sunday regarding the famous Hebrews 6 passage. Would that be something you are open to check out? It would be interesting to get your take brother. Blessings.

2 Likes

Hi @TCC. Sorry to butt in but, lol, what did you think of JD’s teaching on this? :grin:
I went and got my dictionary out of storage because of you so I guess I should use it. :wink:

3 Likes

He references Andy Woods. I believe Pastor JD’s teaching on this is THE accurate view hands down. I never knew about this view until about a year ago. I didn’t like it then…lol. Before JD. But as Andy Woods explains it, it is very clearly what is going on in Hebrews…and extremely relevant to an X-Calvinist. :wink:

4 Likes