June 13, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Often in the OSAS argument, one who is trying to explain the security of the believer because of Gods mercy and faithfulness, is accused of wanting to live like the devil and still be saved.

This is often due to the kind of definition of OSAS being used.
The easy-believe-ism version, or the actual scripturally backed one.

For my part, as I have said before many times, OSAS is only true, for the true believer. But OSAS IS biblical in regards to salvation.

This excludes any who would simply claim the name, but go on about their lives with no real relationship with Christ, and nor real change in their nature. IE: the ones who would say “Lord, Lord… ?!?

So we can dispense with the easy-believe-ism definition right here and now, and we can also dispense with the critical, sarcastic, and scornful labeling of lost souls in a form of hypocrisy, as if they know better than others who is saved or not and are able to make that call. There is ONLY one judge over all and above all, and His name is Jesus the Christ.

I see the aspect of Free Will being only for the choice to accept Christ or not. Once accepted, you have entered a covenant much like that made with Abraham where our sacrifice is a penitent heart and broken spirit, to which He applies His Son’s sacrifice in exchange to meet the demands of this covenant. We surrender our (Free) will to God, and His will takes precedence.

This covenant is solely dependent on God to maintain and enforce to the point that He saves us from even ourselves.

• 2 Timothy 2:13 reminds us that it is He who maintains our salvation.
  • Ephesians 2:8-9 reminds us that it is nothing we have done, or can do to earn it.
  • Romans 8:38-39 would remind us that nothing can separate us from His love through Jesus Christ.
  • And lastly John 10:27-30 shows that “NO ONE” can snatch them out of His hand. This is inclusive of ourselves. He saves us from ourselves.

Eternal life is not eternal if you can lose it.

If it is a gift, what kind of misrepresentation of God is it, to say He would take the gift back once received, or that we could be powerful enough to break a covenant He made solely that has nothing on our part to initiate or maintain?

And this is the crux of the problem, a lack of faith, and a dependency in our minds to require us to do something to maintain it. Turning it into a works deal, and therefore no longer a gift but a wage.

We are insufficient, but His grace IS sufficient! :slight_smile:

2 Timothy 2:13

If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor principalities,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,
neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us
from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 10:27-30

My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.
No one can snatch them out of My hand.
My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all.
No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

I and the Father are one.

12 Likes

&1jewel
You are not alone.

When we get married, we have ‘free will’ to get into the marriage, but we end up giving up some of our rights to our spouse.

When we are born again, we make a ‘free will’ decision to give ourselves to Christ. He accepts our free will offering and we are sealed with the Holy Spirit. It is a one time event.

John 5:24 … He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

From that point on, you have eternal life. You don’t get eternal life when you die. You have eternal life when you believe. If you have it when you believe, how can you lose eternal life?

Jesus is the Great Shepherd and we are His Sheep. He has purchased us. If one of the sheep goes astray, Jesus leaves all the others and goes searching for that one lost sheep. The sheep doesn’t lose their salvation (isn’t considered not one of His flock) because they ‘chose’ to wonder off. They were bought and paid for by the Shepherd. The Sheep still belongs to Him.

5 Likes

On John MacArthurs Grace to You site he says he is pre-trib:

4 Likes

Brings tears to my eyes, @DallasT . How many times has the Lord chased me down when I drifted? You don’t even want to know. How many times did He protect me when I made stupid decisions and ran from Him to find “myself”? (While hitchhiking on the Autobahn (Illegal) at night in the snow, a kind doctor picked me up and dropped me at my apartment.) Anything could have happened.

Feeling grateful to God for His mercy and goodness.

8 Likes

Violet, years ago a friend of mine sent me a comical but true video on you tube about Sesame Credit. It was brilliant! In a sense of control. Please, don’t take that wrong. It was actually China’s social media and at the time was going to be hooked to how they get credit (money). Friends or family that leaned to far to the right or left would decrease your credit. If you talk bad about government control it would decrease your credit. Housing and groceries were all tied to it. I think this system is now being used in China.

Just found a Final Transcript, written May 20, 2021…US Payments System…Federal Reserve looking at Evolution of digital payments.

Ok, my fingers may have hit a flag icon when none was intended. I hope not! I closed the pop up box and I hope that nothing happened. :grimacing:

2 Likes

No alarms ringing here, Grace. Not even the silent ones. :grin: You’re just fine. :wink: @Gracings

1 Like

Whew, @anon43521308! Thank you for the reassurance. Much appreciated!

1 Like

No problem! I happened to be kinda right behind you when it was fresh so I thought I would speak up and relieve you of any (potentially) sweaty palms. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: @Gracings

1 Like

@Myrrh
@TCC
@NamDoc
@FoxMan
@Gigi
@Violet

When Nam Doc posted a vid and picture of John McCarthur, I realized it wasn’t the same person I saw in the vid who was speaking of post trib rapture belief. I humbly apologize for my mistake. I will amend my previous comment to remove his name, and try to find the link to show you what I saw if able to. I was surprised to see that, yes, McCarthur is pre-trib, and apparently also a five point Calvinist with Lordship works based doctrine? I wasn’t familiar with his preaching. Does this mean that many or most Calvary chapel churches are also of the Calvinist or Lordship beliefs? Thank you for pointing this matter out to me. Very much appreciated.

2 Likes

Wait, this is very confusing to me.

Are you making assumptions about people on the forum’s lifestyle because of a doctrinal belief they hold? How do you know what any of our lifestyles are like?

Are you also saying that all those who hold a belief you disagree with got it from somewhere other than reading the Bible?

I very much respect and value your input on many topics even though we don’t see eye to eye on a few. So I apologize in advance if I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

4 Likes

As far as I know Calvary Chapel is neutral on Calvinism. It is not “regulated” shall we say that I know of. It is kind of like up to the individual. But certainly is not known for being reformation 5 point Calvinists. Nor do I hear of any Calvary Chapels that are Lordship Salvationists. Yes Macarthur is both Lordship Salvation and 5 Point Calvinist. Thanks for letting us know Wren. Blessings. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@TCC Thank you Teren. So relieved to know CC is not affiliated with Calvinism/Lordship :blush:

1 Like

I read this last night !!! :smiley:

4 Likes

@wren No problem, please forgive yourself. If that didn’t happen , I wouldn’t have learned what I learned about John MacArthur.
I only started to watch him, I know he was Reformed, but not much else.
Now I know he believes, Lordship works based doctrine from @TCC
Now I have to figure out how a Calvinist,
and Lordship works, can be compatible.
So thank you for opening all this for me, dear sister.
Doc :rose:

2 Likes

I AM TALKING ABOUT MYSELF, my sin in labeling brothers and sisters.
So many labels,[division] so little time left, perhaps, just perhaps , were just all members of the Body of Christ. I’m pretty sure the Head of our Body JESUS , looks down at us as a part of Himself, with different functions, nothing more.

7 Likes

Lol— I think I have hearted many things I would not have hearted because my thumb hits :heart: as I merrily scroll along!

1 Like

@wren, in my opinionated understanding, John MacArthur was embraced by some of the CC pastors (especially Jack Hibbs) at the time of his bold stance in keeping his California (Reformed) church open during lockdown restrictions. I have followed a lot of his messages over the past four years (not as much this year, as I have rediscovered CC teachings online). JMac’s messages have been very helpful to me, as I had a very early Reformed and then Independent Baptist church upbringing when I was in grade school, and I longed to rediscover that. I longed for expository teaching. I am thankful to have now discovered the expository teaching among the CC pastors.

5 Likes

@Cinchacha :joy::heartpulse::joy:

That explanation helps me out, too, @TCC. Thank you.

2 Likes