June 13, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

MacArthur is baptist and has written books on lordship salvation and is works oriented for salvation - He has said he is not sure if he is saved ……. ???

Just wished to clarify something to prevent any misunderstandings……

I love the teachings of Pastor JD, pastor Mac and Andy Woods….and believe they speak the truth of the gospel.

I wasn’t familiar with the teachings of John McCarthur,……but was really grateful when our brother NamDoc and others pointed out my mistake about McCarthur’s view on the rapture. I’m sorry about that, and wanted to make it right.

When I went back to look for the vid I had mistaken for his, I then learned to my surprise that McCarthur teaches and embraces five-point Calvinism, and what is called Lordship salvation.

(Dr. Andy Woods just did an excellent 6 part teaching, where in part 5 he illustrates the very significant differences between Calvinism/Lordship and the true gospel as preached by Pastors JD, Mac, and Woods) I’ll put a link in case anyone wants to see this.

Normally I avoid the whole OSAS/salvation by works pre-mid-post dialogs too, for the reasons which NamDoc, Grace, and JackN and others have kindly pointed out. And, I’m not knowledgeable enough to go there.

…….however once we see what the teachings of Calvinism and works-based salvation represent, we see the contrast……they are very much opposed to the true gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, a true gospel which Pastor JD, Mac, and Woods DO preach……then it DOES matter. It really may be a vital Galations 1: 8-9 issue. One that may remove a great deal of suffering going on in the body of Christ today.
Please don’t get me wrong….I love some of the writings of Spurgeon, and he was a Calvinist. And I like some of the teachings of McCarthur too from what I saw.

But if you knew how many times I have sat here and wept because I see one of my brothers or sisters being tormented in their minds by the devil, ……fearing that they somehow aren’t saved, or somehow lost their salvation……then you’d know why I can’t really let this get swept under the carpet, without at least weighing in….even if its tiny voice that gets downed out.

I know what it is to be tormented by false gospels, both Lordship, Calvinism, partial rapture, and other isms, ……been there……they are subtle insidious tools of the enemy that put on men’s shoulders burdens greivious to be borne, (which Christ already Finished and carried to the cross on our behalf) and the promoters of such doctrines may simply be deceived and therefore deceiving others unknowlingly without meaning or intending to at all.

Only God knows the heart. I’m not qualified to tell anyone what to think, what to believe, who to like, who to avoid, what to change, blah blah blah. I have nothing to sell, no agenda, no application for any memberships in any cliques, camps, no little star clubs, ….Just a fellow sojourner in the wilderness, who wants to follow Christ and His truth withersoever he goes. Without Christ, I couldn’t even do that right. I blunder at every turn.

Like everyone else, just sharing what I’d wanna know if I was in someone else’s shoes, in my earlier walk maybe. If it falls to the dust by God’s will, so be it, and Amen. If it is not of the Holy Spirit, same. May it be disregarded. I’m still learning too. I just wish someone told me ten years ago that embracing lordship would nearly shipwreck my faith and walk. But God.

Psalm 23 and a bible, that’s about all I carry with me now to the finish line by God’s grace alone. My own strength gave out many miles back. But God. I’m not sinless, but by His grace, longing to sin less, the walk of progressive sanctification.
Thank you for listening, thank you for your grace and mercy too as we near the finish line. I’ve been so upset by what is happening with the people and our friends dying from the jab, that I have to take time off to seek the Lord’s help and guidance with that. I’m not good at communicating the love I have for others, but I do love, and pray for grace and peace to you in Jesus name now and always.

14 Likes
2 Likes

Beautifully said Grace.
Thank you for expressing this, its the Blessed Assurance, imho.
“blessed assurance…Jesus is mine…
Oh what a savior…” the hymn.

This is my story
This is my song
Praising the Savior
all the day long.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

6 Likes

:notes:Blessed Assurance, indeed, @BCD!

4 Likes

@wren That was beautifully written, Paul died and was horribly persecuted, for that true gospel, revealed to him by Jesus. You defend that with all you have. That is what we are supposed to do. Bless you my sister. My strength is long dead also, but does try and resurrect, occasionally.
Warmly Doc :rose:

p.s. " I’m not knowledgeable enough to go there."
I myself am as dumb as a post, but the beauty of the true gospel, it doesn’t take smarts, just faith.
I remember year ago in AA, they would say, nobody is to dumb to get the program, but many are to smart.
I believe its the same with the gospel.

6 Likes

Well said! Well said indeed with a beautiful gentle humility that shines through you to the reader.
As one who was an alcoholic and has now come back to Christ, I was very moved by your words. I too was nearly shipwrecked in my faith and did not think I could find my way back to salvation. I was so filled with shame. I have now been sober for over 25 years and still attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. I was sober for 2 years when my precious younger sister died of cancer at the age of 37. I was devastated and drank my way through my grief. I went into a 4 year downward spiral into the pit of addiction again. My 3 dear sweet little boys suffered greatly from this and at one point I tried to commit suicide. I almost succeeded…but God. I was brought back to life after the doctor pumped out my stomach with charcoal. I was given a second chance but I believed the lies of the enemy that I somehow was not good enough to receive God’s mercy and grace and be forgiveness. I struggled for years with guilt and shame and even today now that my sons are grown, the devil still whispers lies into my head that I was a bad mother. One of my sons is a heroin addict and lives on the streets. I have suffered unbearable pain over him for over 20 years and I do not even know if he is alive. The devil has tormented me with accusations that it is all my fault. I am finally at a place of peace now, through the program of Alanon, a wonderful supportive community of people who have their heartaches too. I have finally placed my son in the loving arms of our Savior. My faith today is strong and I am blessed with a loving husband who has walked with me and loved me through my pain and sorrow.
Well, fast forward to the present where many in my family are getting the jab and once again I have had to let go, trust my Savior and place each one in God’s merciful loving care. I will add that they are all Christians. I have warned them, I have wept over them, I have pleaded with them, especially my elderly Mother who is 98, but it all fell on deaf ears. I have received sarcasm and rebuff and been made to feel like I am a conspiracy theorist. But I will not allow the devil to fill me with guilt, shame or blame for their choices. I am at peace now and I know and trust that the Lord is bigger than my son’s addiction and bigger than the Covid jab. My faith has overcome my fear. I will close by saying that watching Pastor JD’s bible prophecy sermons for the past many months has been an incredible blessing. I love this forum too and being able to have a safe place to share our thoughts, our prayers and our hearts with each other. To know how close we are to Jesus coming for us, fills my heart with joy. As J.D. says we are close, so very close.
Just one last thing (now who says that?) as my sweet sister was dying my Mom stood by her bed and read Psalm 23 and as she read the last verse, “And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever”, my sister closed her eyes and went home to Jesus. See you soon sis!
Maranantha

13 Likes

Hi Jack. As I have stated, I am OSAS. I have read commentaries where this verse is understood as you have posted here. That God will save us even if we are faithless. At another church I went to for years, one super respected in the public eye, understands this verse as like 2 & 2. The first 2 are positive and the second 2 are negative…meaning “He remains faithful to Himself and you lose.” That is the slang version. But have you researched this in understanding the positive to be true, that God remains faithful to us when we are faithless? I have tried but there does not seem to be a lot out there. Blessings.

2 Likes

Could I interject here if I may with a question ? When we accept salvation who are we filled with ?

Think of it that way and read the verse.

2 Likes

1 John 5

6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life

2 Likes

@Janny…Thank you so very much for sharing that honest and beautiful testimony of your journey and God’s love. It gives me hope …Warmly :rose: Doc

2 Likes

And not only that, but sealed as well unto redemption.

Redemption is Resurrection and Rapture to a new eternal life.

The first 2 are positive and the second 2 are negative…meaning “He remains faithful to Himself and you lose.” That is the slang version.

@TCC , my research stays within the context of the word, and while I may read someone else’s thoughts and comments on it, in the end I feel the word interprets itself (in fact I know it does :slight_smile: ).

This chapter starts out with the context of Grace, “be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus”.

In verse 10 just before the “Trustworthy saying” verses of 11-13, we have Paul making this statement:

For this reason I endure all things for the sake of the elect, so that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

When he says “elect” here, he is not speaking of Jews, but of Christians of all kinds, Jew or Gentile.

The word used here in Greek is

G1588 - eklektos

• select
  • by implication “favorite”

https://biblehub.com/greek/1588.htm

In verses 11-13 we have the full saying, and I can see the point made about 2&2 and how some would come to that. I on the other hand see it as +2 and -1 and +1.

So let’s look at the full saying.

2 Timothy 2:11-13

This is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with Him,
we will also live with Him;

if we endure,
we will also reign with Him;

if we deny Him,
He will also deny us;

if we are faithless,
He remains faithful,
for He cannot deny Himself.

Each piece stands on it’s own by context in my “opinion”, and have their subject and focus contained within each said piece.

• We die in Christ, we live eternally
  • We endure in Christ, we reign with Him
  • We deny Christ, He denies us
  • We are faithless, He remains faithful (since He can not deny Himself)

It’s that last part of verse 13 that clues me in to the overreaching implication of what is being said there.

"He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

This is pointing to His covenant which He has made for us through His Son. This is pointing to that Holy Spirit sealed believer, the one with the new spirit stuck in the old flesh.

How many times did Christ comment about little or no faith in the mortal lives of His own followers?

Or the man who cried out for his daughters healing, “Lord I believe, help me in my unbelief”?

Were these all frauds in their faithlessness?

No this isn’t talking about a strict unbeliever in outright denial, but one who is struggling in their walk, as we all do, even today.

He remains faithful, because He can not deny Himself, His own Spirit within us that we were reborn with, His covenant which is solely maintained by Him on our behalf once we receive His gift, without anything on our part but our acceptance.

This verse describes the terms of this covenant. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That’s how I understand it but you explained it better.

3 Likes

I guess that I am going to have to make the assumption, since you say this forum is based on them, that you have a very short memory.

However, I personally will continue to try not to make assumptions about others.

It does not seem like anyone could have taken my comment as directed at them since I quoted you, however in the event anyone did, to them I humbly and sincerely apologize and ask their forgiveness.

Yeah I just saw part 5 today. He has a 6th out also. Andy is…wow…its almost spooky but like in a good way. Like God knows the troubles of the church or something. Of course He does. But i guess I got kind of use to just “dealing with it.” And along comes Andy…displaying like…God knows…wow. To much for words actually. Very gifted man…but even more blessed in His heart with the presence of God…amazing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please send link…not sure which video you are referring to. Tx so much! :rose:

1 Like

Wren posted the 5th video in partial rapture series. Here is a link to it:

1 Like

Thanks so much…I always watch Andy…I probably watched this one already. I’ll watch again!

1 Like

This just breaks my heart for these people. Tragic. And yet, they are still coercing people into getting these shots! God help us all.

2 Likes

This looks exactly like the information I read about the great reset on the WEF website. People will own nothing and be happy. 4th industrial revolution involves merging technology with humans.

1 Like