June 6, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

agreed. especially on the idea that despite it not being Glorifying, He still used it to glorify Himself. this is how I feel about the movie “Unplanned.” it was made possible by Catholic organizations, and tells the HALF-true story of Abby Johnson’s conversion to becoming pro-life (the real story contains lies and is fueled by money rather than actual change of heart)… and yet, this movie DID depict abortion in an accurate manner. the methods, pain, shock, and horror. it opened many eyes to the truth of abortion, including many men who couldn’t understand exactly what women have gone through. nevertheless, God hates the lies and corruption tied into the movie, and it’s not of Him. He simply used it anyway, using evil for good. I don’t need to see that movie again, knowing the truths behind it now, but when I did see it, it gave me some closure in my situation that I needed then, facing it. I didn’t know the evil streaks in catholicism back then and I didn’t know the truth about Abby Johnson yet either.

4 Likes

Agreed. As Jesus said, “For whoever is not against us is for us.”

Mark 9:38-41
38 John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone else driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus replied. “For no one who performs a miracle in My name can turn around and speak evil of Me. 40 For whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Indeed, if anyone gives you even a cup of water because you bear the name of Christ, truly I tell you, he will never lose his reward.

2 Likes

Pulling the Strings on all this: Bat Soup - Lab Leaks & Gain of Function Virus Research

While I believe the Communists and others like and promote this I believe its still a revealing of how the western nations works.

Its time the people of the USA understands just how long we have not been the USA.

The we are the hammer of the earth and its wielded by a false god in the last days it seems.

Maranatha

2 Likes

While praising God this morning and thanking Him that nearly 1/3 of the Bible is prophecy, I was bombarded by this nagging thought of “How long O Lord, WHY are you taking so long to fulfill it all?!” He swiftly captured that thought and replaced it with,

“Informed consent.”

A term we are all too familiar with these days and a common courtesy we expect when faced with a life & death decision.

God has given us an entire book of well documented human trials written over several thousand years to glean truth from about accepting Him vs. rejecting Him and He never bullies, coerces or backs us in a corner to force compliance on us.

That’s real love.

While I have already made my decision, so many have not. Praying I can be patient while many more hear the truth and believe Jesus is Lord and died for them. As my local pastor so often says (after A and B), “… so just consent to be loved”. :heart:

4 Likes

We just keep seeing the Dual Fulfilment of Prophecy

Some real and some imagined as we move through the spiritual birth canal you might say?

There truly is nothing new under the Sun.

Shalom

2 Likes

Don’t leave! Your input is just as valid as anyone else’s!

5 Likes

Love one another with brotherly [and sisterly] affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. § Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience […]

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. § Grace be with you all.

(Romans 12:10; Colossians 3:12; Philippians 4:5; 2 Thessalonians 2:16,17; Titus 3:15b)

6 Likes

I don’t watch much TV, outside of Andy Griffith and Gunsmoke my TV is off.

There seems to be some hard feelings about shows people are watching today.
The Chosen has been a hot topic. I have not watched it. I did go research it for sake of knowing what it’s about though.

Shouldn’t we all examine our own planks in our eyes before we try to tell someone else to remove theirs?

If watching a TV show makes me uncomfortable or I feel convicted I turn it off. But, if my neighbor loves that show then shouldn’t I let God convict him if it’s wrong?

I’m not saying the show is good or bad. I’m saying if I take issue with it but my brother or sister in Christ does not, then who’s problem is it really?

4 Likes

@Jimbo

Yes, my brother I completely agree with you, you are right on the mark! Satan is trying to exterminate the Jews so that prophesy can not be fulfilled. He still thinks that he can get the overall win. Women and children running for their lives in Israel would be an easy catch for him.

Ken

1 Like

Why is this a hot button topic? I see no reason this should be a hot button topic. If one feels conviction about watching something then they should not be watching it. If another has no conviction about it then fine. But no one should be arguing over rather or not it’s right or wrong. I see this as no different then Paul speaking to Christians eating vs not eating meat that had been sacrificed to idols.

"Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. But whoever loves God is known by God. So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against them in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

1 Like

Aren’t we saying the same thing? :blush:

Yeah, I just didn’t know how to chime in without replying to someone haha

4 Likes

Again though shouldn’t it be up to each believer to decide between them and God if they should or should not have a problem with such films?

3 Likes

@Gigi

As far as I have always seen you have always been right on the mark as a strong fundamentalist Christian. Nothing else, never change we love you just the way you are!
You are a prime example of what a Christian Woman should be.
Agape Ken

2 Likes

To me it seems that this shouldn’t be a hot button topic then like Redeemed777 pointed out. Seems like a waste of time and energy for people to argue over the matter. I get everyone has strong feelings on subjects but at the end of the day, right or wrong each of us has to stand before God and give account for what we do, and how we live our own lives.

3 Likes

Hey Vicki…I remember… and still pray for you whenever I see your name! Great Wisdom for all to be encouraged!
Agape,
Ken

1 Like

My dear Brother in Christ,
I agree with what you are saying, all Born again believers should care what we allow in our thoughts and lives.
No issue with that at all!

When I posted my thoughts about the by play of the Chosen, it was to born again believers on this forum. Not those unbelieving who watch the show!

My point is, if another believer has not been convicted of watching, listening to a TV show that you or I find controversial or unbiblical who’s problem is it? Ours or theirs? They will deal with their consciences just as we will :blush:

1 Like

This is exactly what the Word says will happen to us and why we will long to be with the Lord and out of our bodies.
I hear you so loud and clear. But stick around for the sake of the Forum for a while.
Agape,
Ken

1 Like

Shalom
Yep, I do to for the same reason maybe we are missing something here but I don’t think there is another way.

1 Like