Left Behind Resources

Hello brothers and sisters,

As many others have been, I’ve been led by the Holy Spirit to compile information for those that will left behind and have been working to share with as many as would receive the good news. I’ve compiled a database with a ton of information and have been trying to hand out business cards and sending emails to my contacts, trying to share the link with as many lost souls as possible before Christ takes the church home.

I’m trying to take every avenue possible to share this information (mostly directed at non-believers, but believers will undoubtedly find good information as well) and thought this forum would be a good place to share the database for others to share.

The database includes areas such as:

"What do I need to be saved from?" or "I don't need to be saved"
 "How can I be saved?" (including information for how to come out of non-biblical religions / beliefs)
  "Common Disputes Against Christianity" (included articles on refuting these disputes)
  Question and Answer / FAQs
  Prophecy Explanation and Fulfilment
  Verse Studies and Full PDF bibles
  ...and many other articles / videos / topics       

I’m constantly trying to add more and welcome any suggestions. Please take a look and share the link with as many people as you feel led to do so.

https://tinyurl.com/world-events-questions 

For those curious about the link, it is a shortened version to my G-Drive folder, which has a very long list of random characters, using the tinyurl.com website.

May God bless all the brothers and sisters in Christ! Maranatha!

P.S. While I know my salvation is not in any way tied to my actions or effectiveness in evangelizing, I’ve been struggling lately with my ineffectiveness in bringing those around me to Christ. Any comments or opinions on this post will be appreciate.

13 Likes

Bro Tyler did one recently

I have struggled with that too. I have asked the Holy Spirit to make me a bold witness. All we can do is plant the seed, we cannot make someone come to Christ. Ask the Lord to show you people around you everyday that you can strike up a conversation leading to discussion about Christ. Last weekend I went to a crowded place holding up a witness sign with gospel tracks to hand out. Not many were interested but seeds were planted.

7 Likes

Hi, of course we have to sow abundantly and everywhere, with several methods…

I saw a project like yours.
What you have to do is to join your effort with others. Share infos, topics and all continue on your way or merge in a team. But continue your way can have several benefits: if a project is down, others are still up. You should share all this project on gitlab. Any one can copy it and fork. What you both have to do is a quick front end app. Using web site is OK, you have to keep it but having everything offline is better and quicker. You can also add urls to other good Bible apps. I posted some days ago 2 apps in this section called “Bible multi…”. If you like them, please share it.

Think to create a zip of all your project easy to install.

I can try to find the guy who had the same project idea and keep you informed

2 Likes

@dlcv I just watched his video yesterday, actually! I had been feeling down because I was worried the DB I put together was based out of my own desire and not the Holy Spirit’s. His video helped me by realizing I wasn’t the only one out there trying to evangelize in this way.

3 Likes

@TBFL That is awesome about trying to share the gospel with people in that kind of environment. It helps me to think about seeding vs. watering, and God providing the growth. I know God calls those that are His, sometimes I wish I could see the leaves of their growth though. I’ll take your advise and try to be more diligent in prayer to see those around me who God desires me to speak with.

1 Like

@hotchiwawa I appreciate the comment and recommendations. I hadn’t thought of gitlab (even though I loosely work with it); I’ll look into hosting it there too! I actually downloaded a zip of the DB last night; it came out to around 10Gb zipped up :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve been trying to share this DB with others so they can replicate it but have coming up short on how to. Posting to this site is the first real feedback I’ve received (besides nah-sayer and angry responses from emails I’ve sent) so I’m not sure where to reach others that are interested in sharing this kind of information.

If you know of locations or groups I can share this with, I’d love the feedback.

Sidenote: I haven’t used Facebook in years and try to stay away from other social media if I can help it :laughing:

Wow 10G zipped!

You can also share on bittorent but 10G it would take too much time to download, people will not do it if they don’t know the content.

Try to remove or compress what takes too much space. Try to convert to html, text, small png images.

If you host it, you will have to reduce the page load and everything on the web site.

Gitlab is a good site to share codes and html is code too :grinning: just make local backups if you learn how to use git, you can lose everything. Git is simple to understand in command line. They have good tutorials.

The problem is often the deployment and “ads about it”.

The guy is the owner of this web site (see in contact): 
https://www.themidnightoil.org/
I don't see a lot of activities since January.
1 Like

Welcome, Chase, to the online community.
What a first post!!
I will definitely take a look as I have recently begun sending out emails/letters to as yet unsaved family members and friends on this theme, but mostly emphasizing need to get saved and how to.
One resource you might want to look into is How to Survive if You are Left Behind I hope this is OK to post here as it is the work of another prophecy teacher. This book (here in PDF form) was written quite a few years ago.
The emphasis is on describing the Tribulation and How to be saved during that time or now.

Thanks very much for sharing this link to your database on this forum.

@Chase - Just echoing others here in welcoming you to this fellowship and to thank you, and praise the Lord, for moving you in the spirit to undertake this project.

As @hotchiwawa rightly asserts 10GB (zipped!) is quite the mouthful (especially for those potentially not even on the ‘milk’ of the Word yet).

Perhaps consider a ‘splash page’/index that offers a very succinct overview of the aim and contents of the resources/DB that then links through to individually sections and also provides a remotely hosted download link (mirrors might be a good option too).

I pray the Lord gives you encouragement and progress in this according to His will.

@MakeDisciples - the testimony concerning your struggle was very moving, convicting and highly relatable Brother; perhaps more so than you will ever know. God, of course, does know and perhaps He has led you to share this here and now that it may act as a witness of sorts to others who are wrestling with the same issues – myself very much included.

5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:5-6

4 Likes

@Chase for your project a zip file with folders (1 level deep), an index.htm page on top with first short one pagers (approximately an A4 length), and a very basic layout with local urls (relative urls) when possible, short images if really needed, all well organized like a book :slight_smile: remove tons of info. Just some bible apps in another folder (an android apk is ~13MB) and some bible ebooks in another folder. Make it simple brother. Avoid external urls as people will be tracked online and probably internet will be down.

Think at your project like a “book, an ebook” all zipped in an zip file and unzipped on a website. Both available.

If you already saw a old linux gazette, you should do it like this. All in default font, a title and content, a title and content + some urls. No javascript.

After if someone wants to create an android app of your website…, it will be very easy as there is no fonts and styles. Use “notepad”, not MS Word!

2 Likes

I have a huge binder of things I’m leaving behind also just converted videos onto my laptop ( in case they’re deleted off the main sites) that are about everything going on, Bible prophecy, the rapture, Tribulation, Antichrist, NWO, etc.
Jan Markell has a rapture kit on her Olive Tree Ministry site and Generation 2434 YouTube channel has left behind rapture letters in numerous languages that can be printed out to leave.
I think many of us are on the same page about compiling information for those that will not be taken in the rapture.
Thank you for your post. We definitely need to continue trying to reach the lost whether now or after we go to our real home.

4 Likes

I just wanted to say, not every opportunity to lead people to Jesus is literally sharing the gospel. In my experience, it’s much more about living your life for Jesus, no matter what you’re doing. You will have opportunities to show where it all comes from, but don’t undervalue the gentle but deep watering that is daily… constant even.

Ah this made me think of something so I’ll share. I was given a little necklace with a cross on it from my grandma, I’m not much for jewelry so rarely wear anything, but wore it one evening to a community thing that was a little more dressy. I was talking to someone there I knew as an acquaintance and he asked me if I was Christian. It came out of nowhere it seemed. lol… So I said yes, why? Said he had suspected it before but the choice of necklace (oh!) that night made him ask, and I always reminded him of his Christian grandmother (long passed away) even though we were physically nothing alike. I asked if he was Christian and he said no, but sometimes it seems not a bad idea. And then we were interrupted and I guess that was that. If that conversation is supposed to continue it will, but the opportunity hasn’t happened yet. I also wondered how many others noticed that little cross, or something else, and I can only pray that my everyday behavior was and is becoming of Christ… Definitely started feeling more aware of that after.

So I would suggest, that guilt for working your job, let it go, trust that God has put you there for His purpose. Love your family and let Him do the convincing. Let Him use you right where you are, in everything you do. Pray over everything, that the seemingly easy and insignificant things you do can become the difficult and powerful things you wish for through the Lord. :heart:

And keep your pocket full of these kind of resources for when those opportunities come up. @Chase this is incredible!

6 Likes

If everything is down with a emp attack, all hardware are useless. Think to let a letter :wink:

1 Like

Yes!
I have scriptures, written explanations, left behind letters and documentation of what happened, what to expect and what to do. But if electronics are usable I also 2 Thumb drives about what is happening among other things explaining the situation to cover all bases.

1 Like

I can relate to your witnessing struggles.
I do introverted stuff like put mini bibles with the abc’s of salvation notes all around my local parks. I’m even found abc bracelets with a notecard explaining the gospel and put those around.
I am ashamed that I wasn’t reaching people over the years and it took the reality of the likely shortness of time we have to wake me up. I keep thinking about and hoping to hear Jesus say” Well done, thou good and faithful servant” at the Bema seat.
But, I would like to be more vocal instead of introverted in regards to witnessing but hopefully I’m planting seeds and some are turning to Christ with the items I strategically yet randomly place.
I really appreciate everyone’s ideas and input on how and what they’re doing as well. It’s wonderful.

4 Likes

Me, too. I had a good conversation about it with a real estate agent on the phone about the rapture. I mentioned it and she said she had gone to church as a kid but hadn’t heard of that and asked a few questions. I gave her as much as I could without pushing and prayed that God would use the seeds.

I’m retired and live rural so I rarely see people. Been thinking about posting something on Facebook as I have hundreds of artist friends and dog show friends from back in the days I showed. Images are better than text I think as they tend to get more views. Been thinking of putting some Bible verses on free images and sharing like that… what do you guys think? Has anyone done that? Any other suggestions for a hermit like me? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Violet, that would be awesome if you could use your Facebook platform to share the good news!! Also, some other ideas…if you end up going to the store, maybe you could place some gospel tracks in places you visit? maybe give a call to anyone you think needs to hear the good news…I ask the Holy Spirit to fill me so that I can be a good witness and ask that I can take advantage of every opportunity that is in front of me. God Bless You!

1 Like

Cool. That’s a great thought about how Bibles are going to be something in need after the Rapture! I had not thought of that. I already have quite a lot of Bibles in my house, both in print and also on all my kindles and devices so anyone who comes into my house will find those.

I liked his idea of purchasing a case of paperback Bibles and giving them to people we know, but also I was thinking that since I do dog portraits and drawings, what if I did some cute dog art along with salvation verses inside the front and back covers before giving them out? Maybe the illustrations would prompt them to read the verses and also maybe the hand personalization would prompt them to hang on to the Bible so even if they don’t read it right now at least they will own a Bible after the Rapture. Does this sound like a good idea? Or should I just skip the art and just give out the Bibles?

3 Likes

Also check the ressources on https://www.livingwaters.com

The Movie section and the Store.

In the past it was possible to get some tract templates for free, I don’t know where they are.

For 6$ you can get hundred of tracts in good quality print. If you do it yourselves it will cost more in paper and ink.

2 Likes