Life getting to me I think

I think life is starting to get me down a bit, just everything going on. Normally I don’t let stuff bother me, or at least I try to not let stuff bother me especially if I have no control over it. I have never been the type to feel depressed or anything like that. I pray regularly and read my Bible, I trust God to provide and take care of me and my family. However I think in spite of all of that, I just feel down and am having a hard time shaking it too.

All I really care to do is be at home with my wife, I don’t really want to go out in public, not so much because of covid but because I just don’t want to be around people. Which then seems to be feeding that desire to be a hermit that I have joked about having at times. In fact I’m having a hard time finding enjoyment in much of anything, even the stuff I normally enjoy doing. Maybe this is how I should be as far as “letting go of this world” is concerned. The way the world is going I can see why some people believe we will go through the Tribulation. Don’t get me wrong, I still believe and am confident that the rapture will take place before the Tribulation. But as crazy as this world is getting and as bad as it is in parts of the world already. I understand those who disagree with pre-trib teaching. It’s getting ugly out there, there is no hope in this world, it’s going down the tube.

I guess I’m just needing some extra prayer, that God will strengthen me and give me some peace and joy in spite of everything. I don’t like feeling this way and I really don’t want to feel this way. I don’t like it when others kill the “good vibes” I normally have going on, I don’t want to be the kind of person killing everyone else “good vibes” so to speak.

64 Likes

I think you’ve just written what many of us are in as well. You aren’t alone in this and you could be right that this is just a way for use to let go of this wrold.

Just know we are all right here with you feeling the exact same thing.

50 Likes

@MDLange82 Matthew, I have no doubt you’ll get some hearts on this one. But you’ll get some prayers too. So many of us have experienced that loss of joy and with it energy as we watched the world fall apart—or as my old pals from Athens, Georgia sang: “its the end of the world as we know it!”

It has not been easy…just read through and look at all the prayer requests for families falling apart, sickness, anxiety, etc. (yeah, mine is there too):woman_facepalming: People dreamed of the way their lives would be in the future, and they looked forward to retirement, better jobs, finishing college, having children, buying more guitars, (ok, maybe not everyone), etc. Then that evil plan creeped in…and spoiled the fun for everyone.

I don’t have the answers. I can only share my experience, strength, and hope. I empathize. I pray for you. I hope you get your spark back, your Joie de vivre.

The joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

Trust, believe, get outside if you can stand the heat. Sing out as loud as you can in the shower or in your car! Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him in the Morning…well, you get the picture.

We’re gonna get through this, one way or another. Together. Stay close.

In Christ,

Cindy

38 Likes

Thanks Cindy, 2020s theme song seemed to be “stayin alive” this years theme song would definitely be “its the end of the world as we know it”.

14 Likes

I agree with @JFelts8031, you’ve just put into words what most people are feeling. This world is not our home & we long, as CS Lewis said: “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another”. It’s really hard to do when feeling down, but try count your blessings, starting with small things like being able to type and then bigger things, like being home with your wife - what a blessing your marriage must be! May you find comfort that you know the Lord and may you experience His joy. You’ll be in my prayers :pray:

26 Likes

Amen, @Liza . We were made for another…no wonder some of us have never felt completely at home here. (Iove c.s. Lewis!)

14 Likes

Definitely & how wonderful that is:

But as the Scriptures say, “No one has ever seen, no one has ever heard, no one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” Isaiah 64:4
1 Corinthians 2:9

Me too, can learn so much from CS Lewis :pray:

14 Likes

This is a definite feeling in my household too, and we are certainly more detached from the world than we were a year ago. It is ugly out there. Some days we have nice experiences, others, we can’t wait to get back to the safety of our own home. You aren’t alone

24 Likes

Hi Cindy I agree with you in one way or another we have all been through something similar but we can’t allow Satan to sift us like flour we must rise and cry out to God for help Jesus promised never to leave us or forsake us, I make sure to go to my park and walk 4 miles everyday while I worship and sing my heart to the Lord by the time I’m done I have so much joy and strength to continue my walk with the Lord trust Him we are not alone, God still on the throne. Psalm 91 is my daily prayer for me and my family this is my vaccination.

19 Likes

Definitely can relate! And think I have said as much on this forum before😁
I have found over the years and more recently that I have to choose to Praise the Lord first thing in the morning ( and throughout the day) whether I feel like it or not, and this brings back joy. Notice in 2chronicles 20:22 that when they began to sing and praise THEN the Lord ……

Lord, bring back joy in the lives of your children as we praise You for what You have already done AND for what You are about to do. Help our brother here and us all enjoy the little things in life that you have blessed us with.
In Jesus’ name, amen.

22 Likes

Hi Matthew

I totally understand what you’re going through. I find ways to brighten someone’s else’s day by giving someone a bag of goodies, sandwiches, chips, cookies with a cold soda and a bottle of water along with the gospel tracts, also i help the elderly that cannot do what we can do such as deep cleaning a room and see them in tears of joy when it’s all fresh and clean. There are those who are less fortunate than we are and if we can give them a helping hand then we’re doing a beautiful thing for the Lord. Give someone your smile in the store cost nothing and it may uplift their spirit. Mowing your elderly neighbor’s yard would brighten their day as well as your day. Tell someone Jesus loves you :heart::blush:
I love listening to most all of Karen Wheaton’s videos to give me encouragement. Hope this video encourages you and i will be praying for you!

7 Likes

@MDLange82 ,

You are not alone my brother!!! :weary:

I hate to say this, but I really don’t know if I can take it if we are still here in 2022. I certainly won’t be saying Happy New Year!

21 Likes

@goodboy Honestly I’m to the point where I wake up in the mornings and find I’m still in my bed I’m a little disappointed. I encountered something a couple days ago at work that reminded me of just how sick and evil this world has become. A man pretending to be a woman (transgender) who was the pastor of a local church. Stuff like that just adds to the growing list of why I want out of here.

23 Likes

Here is the thing. We are in the world which consists of Satan’s system, meaning both good and evil. The good and evil in the world tends to swing back and fourth. Sometimes there is more evil and sometimes there is more good. As we get closer to the tribulation we will continue to just see more and more evil. It’s not going to get better. So anyone (like me) who can’t stand much more evil are in big trouble. As Pastor JD would say 'but God" meaning the rapture! :+1:

18 Likes

I understand you so good! I have those days too. But then I remind myself that if the rapture does not happen this day, people still get saved. And I know where I am going and I am thankful that still people get saved. Because there will be a lot who stay here on earth and many will take the mark.

But I believe too that the rapture is coming soon. Dont know when, but I believe it will be soon :heart:

17 Likes

Oh boy, that’s me too. I hope this isn’t too much. This morning I woke and started thinking If I were to die during sleep I wouldn’t know if I died or was raptured. Those were my first thoughts and prayer this am. I wake realizing I’m still alive and begin thinking about dying. If I let go, the tears begin, because I don’t want to be here any longer - yet what choice is there? I give it all to Him and soldier through each day.

These are strange times. Part of it comes from deep grief of loss - family, friends, dreams, our nation, our churches, our freedoms, life in general. Fighting off fear of the unknown with no relief in sight. Injustice and lawlessness every way you look. Hatred, insanity, oblivious minds all around. Hope exists in our longing.

Taking each moment as it comes. Thankful for every laugh, any smiles, songs that send me soaring or crying, The Most Wonderful Word, good teaching and preaching, beauty in nature, my pups, my senses, memories…That’s what helps me for now.

Thank God for this forum of like-minded friends, because the truth is, you are all I have in this realm. God has provided in the wilderness yet again. Praying for us all.

30 Likes

You are not alone. The verse about thinking about what is good is in the Bible for such a time as this. As far as the rapture, that is my blessed hope and I think about it every day.

11 Likes

I was thinking yesterday, if God is waiting for the last person to be saved, and we want to be raptured, we should be planting seeds everywhere we go. I try to be about the father’s business as much as I can. I grab tracts from church and leave them in public places. I pray for the lost. Trying to get my mind off of myself, the storm I’m in the middle of, and the 24/7 vaccine nonsense that is trying to steal my joy.
I haven’t done much this summer as far as things I enjoy, I think I’m mentally exhausted and when I get home to my safe place, I just shut down. But, I can pray from there at least.

17 Likes

I was really blessed by that video and shared it with my BFF.

1 Like

Karyn,
I totally relate to your post. My heart is heavy with the realization that this world is happily sinking in Satan’s pit of evil with pride. Your words…These are strange times. Part of it comes from deep grief of loss - family, friends, dreams, our nation, our churches, our freedoms, life in general. Fighting off fear of the unknown with no relief in sight. Injustice and lawlessness every way you look. Hatred, insanity, oblivious minds all around. Hope exists in our longing. couldn’t be truer.
I’m surrounded by unbelievers and WORSE…believers who have become more like the world…unkind, cruel and lovers of themselves. They aren’t anxious for HIS coming but are rather gleefully holding on to their pathetic lives UN-apologetically.

Those of us who are aching and yearning to be rescued and raptured are finding it more and more difficult to feel joy in anything other than our Lord’s promises.for all that matters and all that IS in IN HIM.

I too am grateful for every blessing and every good thing each day. Tho my body has betrayed me, my mind is clear and focused on heaven’s eternity. Each morning after greeting my heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit give thanks for yet another day, then at the end of each day as I fall asleep give more thanks for my circumstances in praise for HE has given me THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. There is no hope in anything apart from Jesus’ promises.

Hold on…hold on…hold on in faith.

22 Likes