May 16 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Oh ok awesome! I have been battling the works salvation crowd for so long I get a little worked up about it… and I do believe not trying to sin or giving into habitual careless sinning will effect our rewards in heaven, as well as cause chastisement here on earth.

2 Likes

I agree! A works gospel is so very dangerous… it was what I heard taught as a child from the pulpit and for many years I thought I was saved when I had not put my trust in Christ alone.

BTW, have you listened to Ralph Yankee Arnold?

The kingdom of Edom was in what is now Southern Jordan, but it’s not a pick and replace kind of thing with geography, so Jordan is not present day Edom.

Edom is represented by Esau and his descendants, which encompass the current folks who call themselves Palestinians.

On the subject of repenting and turning from sin, may I say yes and yes? I don’t see the word turning as becoming a trip-up nor a works-based term. Personally, I am motivated to turn from the sin that is forming in my head. Why? It’s because I have repented, albeit, changed. Even though I am saved and God is working out that sanctification in me, I am still tempted by my characteristic ways. I can act on them, or I can turn. Both are action verbs. I’m not wanting to debate, but I do think we believers can get distracted with the right shade of pink, sometimes. I’m not exempt. :relaxed:

Acts 3:19 ESV - Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out.

Various commentators apply “be converted” with “turn back”.

5 Likes

Sharing in His sufferings is a high honor and both you and your brave husband will have both provision and honor. It is His promise.!. Congratulations on your advancement in The Kingdom and “Hold on to what you have and let no man take your crown!”

Much love and respect…Maranatha Hag Shavout…

4 Likes

Great detective work!

2 Likes

The US will follow or worse it will be destroyed. The highest esoteric tech is based in the US so the little pop guns we have down here are not gonna help against that kind of Intel and Tech.

So I think this is where a lot of confusion comes in. The word repent means simply change your mind, therefore one could change their mind about anything. It is possible to change your mind and turn from a sin, just as it’s it’s possible to change your mind and believe the gospel. Neither of the examples define what was originally your belief though… so you have to look at what follows the repentance to see what we are changing our minds about. so in the context of the gospel that saves us - we are changing our mind about trying to be saved by our works or possibly even not believing God is even real, to trusting in the finished work of Christ to save us. It’s that root word “repent” that somehow has been turned into ALWAYS meaning turn from sin as the definition of the word itself, but that’s not what the word means. Even in your example it doesn’t say turn from sin… it says repent (change your mind from whatever you were believing before and believe in the finished work on the cross so your sins may be blotted out) That doesn’t means repent means turning from sin. To understand the verse has to define what we are to change our mind about. Never in the KJV is there ever a mention of repent of sins in relation to the gospel - sin is never mentioned. That’s because that’s not what we are changing our mind about - we are changing our mind about how we are saved, to finally come to the belief in the salvation through Christ alone. This is also why the Bible even says God repented at times, he wasn’t a sinner and had no sin to turn from, but he did change his mind about judgment on Israel at times. I hope this makes sense what I’m trying to say.

For example I could say: “ I repent, I’m going to bed at 8 instead of 10.”

This means : “ I change my mind, I’m going to bed at 8 instead of 10”.

This does NOT mean: “I turn from my sin, I’m going to bed at 8 instead of 10”.

Yes he’s fantastic as well!!! :heart:

1 Like

I have always held repent to mean I recognize I have sinned, specific sin, and in my sorrow and shame, I confess it to God and ask God to forgive me of that sin; I intend to never dishonor God again by repeating that sin. I then intentionally change my ways, my thinking on that thing and determine to treat it as something that displeases God, and that is something I do not want to do. My mind comes into play as I am reminded of that sin when my conscience speaks to me if I come near it. Daniel 9 is a perfect example. Perhaps a good way to think of repentance is as sorrow.

2 Likes

@Ready2Fly22

I think you are right. Lot’s of those people are definitely pushing some stuff and phrases that sound very new age, and weird. I’ve have my antenna up on that. Someone posted a video with those people exposing the vaccine, and they said some really disturbing stuff.

To quote Jesus “don’t be deceived!” amen

2 Likes

@Kris I’ve thought that too, it would be way too suspicious if everyone died upon receiving it–plus who knows what else they can do–avoid, avoid, avoid.

@trustandfaith yes, I think I see what you are saying–I’m finding prayer and Bible are best, there is such a thing as just “too much” then it’s hard to discern the truth. I think we are way more easily fooled when we are running on empty spiritually i.e. not reading our Bibles and praying as much as we should.

4 Likes

I know that it seems that would be correct but it really is not, because there are sins we’ve committed that we don’t even know about and if repent meant this then you would constantly be under fear that you didn’t “repent” of something and may not be saved. Maybe this video will help you, repent means change your mind, change your thinking, change your belief system essentially. Salvation is not dependent on anything but believing the simple gospel (which is that Christ died, was buried, and rose again 3 days later for remission of your sin). Nothing you do, even feeling sorry for your sin has anything to do with it. What if you sinned and then didn’t get a chance to ask forgiveness before you die in some unexpected way? Now of course in order to believe the gospel in your heart you have to realize you are a sinner and need a savior. No one would believe in a savior they didn’t think they needed, but repent just simply doesn’t mean feeling sorry about your sin. I ask forgiveness when I sin because I do feel guilty and I know Jesus wants me to live a righteous life, but this is not connected to my salvation. Once you believe the gospel you are sealed by the Holy Spirit and saved forever, nothing can change it.

4 Likes

You are explaining yourself well, here, but I may not be exactly where you are in thought. We may be at an agree-to-disagree, yet we both agree that our works will not save us, I’m with you on that. Whatever we do (bearing fruit) will eventually come out of our being born again.

3 Likes

I think this video might explain it better… I just think it’s very, very important that this idea of repentance is understood correctly. Because if one thinks their actions are contributing to their salvation in any way then they are not really believing the gospel and therefore not saved. This verse which actually ironically is used by many to try and prove you have to turn from sin to be saved, is actually talking about those that were trusting in works they did to be saved vs just trusting in the gospel which is that Christ died, was buried, and rose again 3 days later for remission of sins. He’s telling them even though they did many wonderful things in his name he never knew them because they weren’t trusting in him alone fir salvation , instead they were trusting in what they did. I think its vitally important and the most important subject in the entire Bible, it’s the difference between being saved and not being saved. The will of my father in verse 21 is explained in John 6:39-40. The will of the father is to believe on the son for everlasting life.

Matthew 7:21-23

King James Version

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 6:39-40

King James Version

39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

2 Likes

One of the ideas that we hear in the church is against easy believe-ism. In Jesus day, the ones that walk away from Him did not understand who He was. We have 0 account of someone knowing He is the Christ and then not honoring Him. We have those that sought Him for food. They wanted a miracle servant. They did not understand Him as Christ. Easy believe-ism is thought to be cheap mental assent today. In the book of Hebrews we can see those that wanted to be Christian but were still too interested or intimidated by Judaism. Or wanted Christ to produce food. But to believe a man as God would be unheard of in Israel. It also meant alienation from your family and community. How easy was it for some to believe a man as God? I say that was not easy. Ask Israel as a nation how easy that is. They have been partially hardened for 2,000 years. Most of them, can’t believe. See how “easy” believing is with that nation. It helps to get the sacred point you are sharing across. Amen.

2 Likes

I appreciate your message and recommendation!!! I have heard jack hibbs’s name a lot but have never listened. I do not trust amir anymore, because he promotes the vax. I think he still gives some good info otherwise but since I’m leery I just don’t give him credence or attn anymore. I don’t know where hibbs stands on that but I will give a fair observance before making a judgment on whether I should listen to him more often. thank you for your ideas and sharing!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I feel compelled to get this message across because I myself was deceived by a misinterpretation of “repent” for many years, I was miserable… always striving to be perfect or better or sorry enough but knowing I was still so far away. I felt hopeless. Until one day I heard someone explain repent correctly and the true gospel began to shine thru to me, it was like being set free from a life sentence - set free from the anguish I was living trying to be “good enough”, Jesus’ gift is so precious to me… I hate for it to be tarnished with our human effort which is so minuscule and irrelevant compared to what Christ accomplished for us. The two don’t even compare… it’s not easy because as humans we are taught to believe we achieve things in life, we perform for our success and rewards. To humble ourselves and abandon any credit for our salvation, essentially hang up our cape and realize we aren’t the hero of the story is hard - but now I see it, I know it, and I am so so grateful for what he’s done for us! now I sing and give him all the glory … nothing but the blood, nothing but the blood… nothing but the blood of Jesus!!!

Nothing but the Blood

[Robert Lowry]
pub. 1876

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

• Refrain:
    Oh! precious is the flow
    That makes me white as snow;
    No other fount I know,
    For my pardon, this I see,
    For my cleansing this my plea,
    Nothing can for sin atone,
    Naught of good that I have done,
    This is all my hope and peace,
    This is all my righteousness,
    Now by this I’ll overcome—
    Now by this I’ll reach my home—
    Glory! Glory! This I sing—
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
    All my praise for this I bring—
7 Likes

I sing that song periodically. I love it!!!

2 Likes
4 Likes