May 16 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

I tried to piece together what’s happened here and I’m not even sure at this point. I also don’t understand how to reply to two people so if you could alert Teren of this post that would be great. These comments I’m making are definitely not towards you, just thinking out loud to the whole conversation last few days with everyone. All I know is I like Renee and agree with her teaching of the gospel and repent. I have never listened to Joseph Prince so not sure on him either. I hate the term “hyper-grace” and “easy believism” because to some they mean something different then they do to others. If one is saying “Hyper grace” is in play just because someone is not including their own works into contributing or maintaining their own salvation (such as stopping sinning, or turning from sin) that’s completely wrong to label them as such bc those things aren’t part of the gospel and it is all about Gods grace towards us. Ones failure to include something of their own effort into the gospel, is not “hyper” grace. It’s either works or it’s grace, it’s never a mixture of the two. It’s literally one the other. (And only one saves).

Now I can see easy believism possibly meaning just believing Jesus existed, but not truly understanding what he accomplished on the cross. Just having more of a historical understanding and belief in Jesus as a man to me would not be having saving faith. So if this is what one means by the label “easy believism”, I agree. However, if one is using that label for someone just bc they are believing we are sinners in need of a savior and trusting in what Christ did for us, APART from any works, then this use is wrong. If they are saying it’s “too easy” because I’m not “working” in some way to obtain it, they are just preaching a false gospel. To me compared to having to fulfill the whole of the law (which of course is impossible and only Christ has done), it is easy. So I really don’t like the term.

See my back ground was for many, many years only believing Jesus existed and thinking that was “believing” in Jesus. However for years I didn’t grasp the weight of my sin or what Jesus did for me on the cross- but I thought I was saved. (That was Easy believism- maybe?). I saw Jesus more as a genie in a bottle who could help me obtain things in earth. Which of course was wrong but I see this more as a prosperity gospel that is prevalent in word of faith, NAR etc.

Then I started listening to Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, and an exhaustive list of preachers saying you must repent “of your sins”, and “turn from your sin” to be saved. I certainly understood this at the time as “stop sinning”. So I tried, VERY hard. I wrote down every sin I could ever remember committing and asking the Lord to forgive me, I saw this as my “clean slate”. then I tried my best to never sin again. But the more I tried not to sin, the more I did. (Now I understand that’s because the law gives power to sin). It became evident to me, I couldn’t do it. And I became depressed and convinced I was going to hell. This is when I reached rock bottom and prayed for the Lord to help me understand, because if I had to stop sinning to go to heaven I couldn’t see how anyone was getting into heaven including me. That’s when the Holy Spirit showed me in scripture (in Timothy) that the purpose of the law was to show the NEED for Jesus! Right then for me it clicked! I right then understood what Jesus did for me and believed in the gospel for my salvation. I believed he died, was buried, and rose again on the third day for remission of my sin. And this to me is true repentance- realizing you CANT get to heaven any other way except by Christ and what HE did. That’s why he is the way, the truth, and the life. That’s also why the way is narrow and few find it, because it’s ONLY him. Not because it’s “hard” or takes effort in our flesh to achieve. I finally had changed my mind from any other means of salvation except him. And that’s when I found salvation and forgiveness. When I humbled myself and trusted in him as savior, he showed me grace. I’m honestly shocked when people say they turned from their sin as part of their salvation. I think to myself they must be completely dishonest with themselves if they don’t think they still sin. I mean we might be able to improve or stop some sins, but I know I fall very short of perfection and I am no where even close to following the law perfectly, nor could I ever. And I just refuse for my effort into trying to not sin become part of the gospel, bc it’s not.

The crazy thing is a false gospel preached by many (especially Paul Washer and Ray Comfort), actually did start me on my journey to true salvation. I had to get serious about salvation and the preaching about sin, the law, and going to hell for my sin really shook me. To put it frank, they sacred the heck out of me! But if that false gospel had ended there in my mind and I somehow actually thought I was achieving my own righteousness, then I would still be lost and on my way to hell. Me realizing I couldn’t meet the mark and then the Holy Spirit leading me to understand the rest of the gospel, (leading me to the resolution to my sin problem, my savior Jesus) is how I finally reached salvation. I think many start the way I did but haven’t completed the journey into true faith. They are stuck at one if two junctures- either the trying to earn it themselves stage or at the “well I believe Jesus is real so I’m saved” stage. Only the Holy Spirit can help someone complete that journey in my opinion and only those that can see they are sinners through and through and can’t follow the law, are ever going to reach true salvation. Otherwise they are stuck in works of the flesh thinking they are achieving something they never really are and are just as guilty as the Pharisee, they haven’t trusted in Jesus as their SAVIOR.

Again, not that this is directed at you or Teren really, I just wanted to further explain bc I believe someone out there needs to read this. :blush:

This article really explains what I’m saying beautifully and highlights the proper use of the law and highlights both heresies I was once caught up in… worth a read

2 Likes

This morning the same thing came to mind during my prayer time. Are we spending to much time on the subject and timing?

But what came to me was we are placing and the guide posts all over the earth. Why becuase when we leave earth discerning people will remember what we said and what we believed.

I do believe we are to refocus and draw closer to what we should be shining light on. Prophecy is needed to be shared more than ever but also encouragement and hope in these last days. Maybe pointing to the promised return and where we are going should be increased.

We have seen many preachers and teachers over the last month start pointing to heaven when all the shaking is happening on the earth.

Just sensing something like a new season and message coming forth as we move forward into the next time of birth pangs.

Shalom

8 Likes

Took me 50 hard years to learn that lesson, started SDA , then salvation proven by your works, all the while carrying UN-diagnnosed combat PTSD from Vietnam ( how do you think that went)
Thank His Holy Name, HE carried me , unbeknownst while fellow believers, told be you really didn’t accept Jesus. Which lead to a serious suicide attempt.
" Only the Holy Spirit can help someone complete that journey in my opinion and only those that can see they are sinners through and through and can’t follow the law, are ever going to reach true salvation. Otherwise they are stuck in works of the flesh thinking they are achieving something they never really are and are just as guilty as the Pharisee, they haven’t trusted in Jesus as their SAVIOR."
Thank you again for your experience, strength and hope, and not just quotes from books, but sharing self.
Peace Doc

10 Likes

A man’s experience, showing the way, THE TRUE GOSPEL

5 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, I’m so thankful you were able to find the narrow way as well - it breaks my heart when I explain all this and many come against me and just want to argue, because I know they aren’t there yet and knowing how amazing and life changing it was for me to find the truth was, I just pray everyone can see the truth but I know that won’t happen. I often think if the rejection of the gospel breaks my heart, I can’t imagine how it breaks Gods heart. As believers all we can do is keep trying out of love and keeping praying for others salvation. Can’t wait to meet you in the clouds!

4 Likes

@Ready2Fly22
You witness prompted me write. I have given up the fight, it is up to God. You are proclaiming the true gospel, and just saying that will cause me to be stoned ( with bible verses , in love). I am almost 80, and am tired. So many times along the way, I arrived at points of truth, that I would die for. Only to find, it was not THE truth later. Usually through life experiences. So everyone is on their journey, many will reject your seeds of the Grace gospel, only to accept later down the line.
Scream it from the housetops dear brother/sister.

Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you , because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry , and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.

Warmly Doc

7 Likes

I keep feeling like I am in the middle of something I did not start and am not disagreeing with :slight_smile:
I completely agree that its ONLY HIM. Should I share my own testimony as well? At this point I’m not sure if that would help or further confuse things.

But anyway I posted this before and think maybe it was missed? This if from Andy Woods web page of his church and the link is below.

REPENTANCE – The New Testament word for repent (metanoao) means to “change one’s mind.” It does not mean to “turn from sin”, a current day definition. We believe that salvation is based upon the one condition of faith of which repentance is a vital part. In the New Testament when a person heard the gospel and agreed with it, he was changing his mind, thus in the process of repenting. He was going from doubt, confusion, or unbelief to belief in Christ as Savior. It is in this way that repentance is related to salvation. It should be made clear that it is possible for a person to understand the gospel and yet refuse to accept Christ as Savior. However, one cannot truly believe in Christ without having first repented. Additionally, turning from sinful acts may and should result from repentance and faith in Christ, but is neither a requirement for nor a part of salvation. In the same way, a sorrow for sin is neither a requirement for nor a part of salvation. Were this the case, then our salvation would rest, at least in part, on our own works and merit, something that is quite foreign to the Scriptures.

https://slbc.org/about/position-statements/

2 Likes

This has been a sad encounter for me.

I am so saddened and grieved that a person like Renee Roland, an unwed mother, Hollywood movie producer who is a metalhead groupie of Metadeth (who sings of Baphomet) who drinks,and smokes as she said because she likes to, with no training or accountibility can amass a subscription of 10,000 subscription youtube loyal followers thus providing her with money and gifts.

I continue to shout, “we are saved by grace alone”.

This is not about adding repentance to grace to be saved.
This is about taking and weaving a distortion so subtily and skillfully with scriptures so as
to lead followers into living a life free of conviction over any sin they wish to embrace.

We read the sriptural warnings about false teachers teaching doctrines of devils but we always think we can spot them. When in fact, they are annointed by Satan to seduce,
bewitch, beguile and deceive and are capable of “fooling the very elect if that were possible”.

It is the false teachers that bring division and sow discord.

I am grateful for the passion here for Grace Alone without works as that is my passion also.

Blessings

11 Likes

And sometimes those seeds stay in the ground for years dormant, until the right conditions for germination.

The old shell has to die for the new plant to be born. Praise God for the strength to hold on for the Dawn!

6 Likes

I was personally responding to @Ready2Fly22 my agreement with his story, and my agreement with his take on gospel. If anyone read this as attacking something they said, you are mistaken, if I don’t agree with people, I move on (I don’t argue) BUT if I agree, I try and support them. That is all this was, please don’t personalize, EXCEPT@Ready2Fly22
Blessings Doc

Moving on :footprints:

3 Likes

Wow yeah.

My joy and assurance of salvation only came when I gave up trying to earn it or maintain it. :slight_smile:

It was only in the lack of joy and of peace in the circumstances whatever they were, that I realized the problem, and read the solution finally in my heart.

I have not been suicidal, but I was at my end, and that is when He was able to take over, because I no longer stood in His way.

:wink: :heart:

8 Likes

It seems perhaps what is attempting to be considered here is grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

Dr. Woods said above… Salvation is based upon the ONE CONDITION of faith of which repentance is a vital part… because one cannot believe in Christ without first having gone from doubt, confusion, or unbelief to belief, hence changed the mind, hence repentance. Hence, faith alone in Christ alone.

2 Likes

YES, I love this. That fits perfect with my experience! Thanks Jack.

2 Likes

I have hope for those seeds for my unsaved parent, as strained as our relationship is, I do wish for even a death bed salvation if need be, versus the other condition. There is not much time left for her.

3 Likes

We are saved by Faith alone through Grace alone in Christ alone.

No one is disputing that.

7 Likes

There! Now that is settled. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Group hug!

4 Likes

The best kind of hugs!

15178227_1313855518627186_8316400070958442351_n

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing your testimony, btw!
Praise to our Lord.

2 Likes

I agree with everything youre saying <3, except i am wondering about the smoking bit. are you saying it’s a sin to ever smoke or what do you think?

it’s not a healthy thing to do but the same can be said of things we occasionally enjoy so that along with Jesus turning water to wine for the guests have led me to believe it’s not sinful to partake responsibly in these types of things. ?

2 Likes